Garner's record

Since 2011, He has played for 4 teams - Huddersfield, Scunthorpe, Watford & Carlisle. 

For Huddersfield he played 16 scoring a grand total of 0 goals. He then went on to Scunthorpe where he played 18 and managed to bag himself 6 goals. Then it was off to Watford where he played 24 games and scored a total of 1 goal. Then it was off Carlisle where he had his best goal to game ratio where he scored 7 goals in 16 games. Then it was off to Preston NE where he got a good run in the team and played 127 games and bagged 49 goals. 

Thats 63 goals in 201 gamrs over the last 5 years. Why has he played so little games? Is it coz he isn't good enough for those teams and had better players in front of him, or is it because he's pish? Genuine question. 

At 5ft 10", he's not the type of CF I was hoping for, especially at £1.5m. 

Also, if we take in his 3 years at N Forest, he played 48 and scored 9. 

As I'm sure you will be able to tell, I'm not too excited by this signing. Especially as the tims have a striker who scored 2/3 of the goals scored in a single season to what this guy has scored his whole career. A lot of it in fucking league 2. 

Before all the "there's a reason MW is the manager and you're not" pish starts. Surely we could've found someone in Eastern Europe or Scandinavia that has a better record than this guy for probably less money. 

We need to broden our horizons scouting-wise. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't win.

2 seasons ago we said Ally should have been looking closer to home for signings as the tims managed to get Hooper and Juan Yama. Has the gaffer got any signings wrong so far?

He has contacts and knows that league well, it's a better league than our top league. Would be utter stupidity not to take advantage of that knowledge.

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Since 2011, He has played for 4 teams - Huddersfield, Scunthorpe, Watford & Carlisle. 

For Huddersfield he played 16 scoring a grand total of 0 goals. He then went on to Scunthorpe where he played 18 and managed to bag himself 6 goals. Then it was off to Watford where he played 24 games and scored a total of 1 goal. Then it was off Carlisle where he had his best goal to game ratio where he scored 7 goals in 16 games. Then it was off to Preston NE where he got a good run in the team and played 127 games and bagged 49 goals. 

Thats 63 goals in 201 gamrs over the last 5 years. Why has he played so little games? Is it coz he isn't good enough for those teams and had better players in front of him, or is it because he's pish? Genuine question. 

At 5ft 10", he's not the type of CF I was hoping for, especially at £1.5m. 

Also, if we take in his 3 years at N Forest, he played 48 and scored 9. 

As I'm sure you will be able to tell, I'm not too excited by this signing. Especially as the tims have a striker who scored 2/3 of the goals scored in a single season to what this guy has scored his whole career. A lot of it in fucking league 2. 

Before all the "there's a reason MW is the manager and you're not" pish starts. Surely we could've found someone in Eastern Europe or Scandinavia that has a better record than this guy for probably less money. 

We need to broden our horizons scouting-wise. 

It was league 1 not 2.

Hes said played on average 40.2 games a season. They only play 46 league games.

You're still a fucking moron (tu)

The reality is not many Rangers fans are able to give a fair assessment of Garner. Not many, if any will have seen him play week in week out. There may be a few but I don't think there are many. Therefore most of our opinions are based primarily on YouTube and his stats, both of which can be manipulated to suit your argument.

If your glass is half full you look at his age, his previous 2 seasons, his quality and style of goal compilations and the encouraging views of Preston fans, management and players.

If your glass is half empty, he's too expensive, he plays for Preston, he's nearly 30, he gets booked too often, he has only scored 6 in his last season, there's better value out there.

He may or may not turn out to be the real deal but without wanting to sound cliché we have no option but to trust the management. They will know more about him than any of us. Warburton has always put huge emphasis on value and how important it was to spend wisely given our previous mismanagement. If he is happy to go through with this one, at the rumoured price, then I'd imagine Warburton and the team are as confident as they'll ever be. They don't always work out but hopefully they're right....

16 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

We can't win.

2 seasons ago we said Ally should have been looking closer to home for signings as the tims managed to get Hooper and Juan Yama. Has the gaffer got any signings wrong so far?

He has contacts and knows that league well, it's a better league than our top league. Would be utter stupidity not to take advantage of that knowledge.

Aye, of course. But why has he played so little? Is he made of glass or just not good enough for those teams? Maybe it is his medical which is the "small detail" that's needing sorted out. If he's an injury waiting to happen, our medical team better spot it. 

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Aye, of course. But why has he played so little? Is he made of glass or just not good enough for those teams? Maybe it is his medical which is the "small detail" that's needing sorted out. If he's an injury waiting to happen, our medical team better spot it. 

Hes not played so little. Work out his average it will surprise you :matron:

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Ffs m8 let's see what the guy can do before we label him shite and now he's a possible cripple? He played at the weekend, I'm pretty sure if his legs were falling off someone would have noticed 

My mates a forest fan and I text him to get his opinion on Garner. He said he's a good player, gives his all, will do well up here but probably isn't English premier league quality.

Forest also didn't use him properly and stuck him out on the wing a lot so that's probably why his record there isn't as good as it was at Preston most recently. Perhaps other teams have played him out there as well.

30 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It was league 1 not 2.

Hes said played on average 40.2 games a season. They only play 46 league games.

You're still a fucking moron (tu)

Where did I mention his average games per season? You're just making things up now. Also, i already pointed out I made mistakes in my OP. 

Its pretty stupid calling someone a moron when you can't even read. 

It's wallopers like you that have made people actually switch to follow follow. 

Now go blow all yer money on coke that full of adrenaline that you'll get it which you think is pure lol