Season 02-03

cr3_bear

Great watch. Good season. Mols was so good the pottential he had was unreal if he never got that injury.

I mind in the stadium against Dunfermline i was the only guy wae a radio at ma bit. Had alot of the copey shouting wee man wits the score wae the manks. I couldnt even hear it due to the atmosphere in ibrox.

13 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Great watch. Good season. Mols was so good the pottential he had was unreal if he never got that injury.

I mind in the stadium against Dunfermline i was the only guy wae a radio at ma bit. Had alot of the copey shouting wee man wits the score wae the manks. I couldnt even hear it due to the atmosphere in ibrox.

I remember the game mols returned from injury that year , think it was midweek game v Kilmarnock . Another bizzare game that stands out was a game against Livingston around Christmas , 4-0 up at half time and 4-3 by full time :lol: 

Ronald de boer was my hero at this point 

18 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I remember the game mols returned from injury that year , think it was midweek game v Kilmarnock . Another bizzare game that stands out was a game against Livingston around Christmas , 4-0 up at half time and 4-3 by full time :lol: 

Ronald de boer was my hero at this point 

Weird memories I was only young at the time 8 or 9 but I remember staying up at that time they showed the goals of other games after live games tims played someone in league and I got a bollocking for staying up until after 11 to watch highlights of that 4-3 Livi game. Did Ferguson score a hat trick that night I think 

That final day was mind blowing. You had to know how 'they' were getting on. All kinds of rumour and denial were going on all during the game. Even after Arteta scored we still didn't know if it was enough. Mainly because they deliberately held up the half time break to gain an extra 2-3 mins leeway.

Sporting integrity eh? Then Mutton accusing Dunfermline of lying down -knobend!!! 

Special memories for me that season . It was the first Championship that we won since I got a ST in the family section with my eldest daughter who was 6 then , always remember the look on her face at time up when she saw the reaction of the Bears all around us .

Ronald de Boer and Barry Ferguson were immense that season , RdB scored an amazing goal against killie near the start of the season that showed up all his ability and what we could expect from him when fit and Barry also weighed in with some amount of goals . Thought we had blew it at Dens park when Barry missed 2 penalties but Mikel Arteta stepped up to score another and clinch what proved to be a vital point .

That we won another treble and the tarriers were fucked in seville made it a great summer to be a Bear .

10 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Weird memories I was only young at the time 8 or 9 but I remember staying up at that time they showed the goals of other games after live games tims played someone in league and I got a bollocking for staying up until after 11 to watch highlights 

Sorry don't know what went wrong on that last post , however the crowd at the goals in this game :drool:

Remember this game being massive , sure they had just beaten celtic there 2 or 3 weeks beforehand at tynecastle when Austin mccan scored an absolute screamer against them in the last kick of the ball :lol:

My favourite season in football ever, everyone will rightly remember the last game but the last 4 or 5 games particailarly at Ibrox were just excellent. The emphasis was attack at all times due to the goal difference, we would score 3 and celtic score 4 in the other game and vice versa.

The emotion, panic, worry, excitement, jubilation and sheer joy at the final game will not and can not be matched for me.....a unique situation and we were the happy ones at the end of it all. It even sucked in the normally stoney faced Arteta, his celebration after the penalty shows the massive intensity and positive energy that engulfed the place.

My favourite moment as a blue nose for sheer passion and everything that makes football the greatest sport on earth.

10 minutes ago, Camshy said:

My favourite season in football ever, everyone will rightly remember the last game but the last 4 or 5 games particailarly at Ibrox were just excellent. The emphasis was attack at all times due to the goal difference, we would score 3 and celtic score 4 in the other game and vice versa.

The emotion, panic, worry, excitement, jubilation and sheer joy at the final game will not and can not be matched for me.....a unique situation and we were the happy ones at the end of it all. It even sucked in the normally stoney faced Arteta, his celebration after the penalty shows the massive intensity and positive energy that engulfed the place.

My favourite moment as a blue nose for sheer passion and everything that makes football the greatest sport on earth.

We are due an emotional title party at ibrox sometime soon I think  :wink:

that was some team we had back then, Klos, Amo, Moore and Numan in defence, Ferguson, Arteta, De Boer and Ricksen in midfield with an attack of McCann, Lovenkrands, Cannigia, Mols and Arveladze up front. Not forgetting the outstanding contributions of Dan Eggen and Jerome Bonnisel also :wink:

Must be shite being a young Bear having not seen those Rangers teams.

The standard of player we used to have was phenomenal. It's that whole not realising what you've got till it's gone thing.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Must be shite being a young Bear having not seen those Rangers teams.

The standard of player we used to have was phenomenal. It's that whole not realising what you've got till it's gone thing.

When you consider that the squad that season were thought of as inferior to the team Advocaat had his first 2 seasons it just shows how lucky we were to witness some of those players wearing our shirt . After Souness anything seemed possible , signing wise and it's a sobering thought comparing the squads we've subsequently had . I would love the younger Bears to experience what we had but I fear that those days are gone now due to the cash flying about elsewhere .

Outstanding team. This was the season we got knocked out of champs league early by that Victoria Zizkov team. I always wonder what could of been as our team was top notch. Would've been great to see how we had gotten on had we qualified for the group stages.

17 minutes ago, Isleger said:

Outstanding team. This was the season we got knocked out of champs league early by that Victoria Zizkov team. I always wonder what could of been as our team was top notch. Would've been great to see how we had gotten on had we qualified for the group stages.

Was the uefa cup that we got knocked out of by zizkov , the same tournament which celtic -who we beat to a domestic clean sweep - reached the final of that very season . Always wondered how we would have fared that year had we not had our first round disaster and actually got the job done , all ifs and buts but an interesting thought none the less

8 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Was the uefa cup that we got knocked out of by zizkov , the same tournament which celtic -who we beat to a domestic clean sweep - reached the final of that very season . Always wondered how we would have fared that year had we not had our first round disaster and actually got the job done , all ifs and buts but an interesting thought none the less

Ah, cheers. The fact it was the UEFA cup makes it even worse. Did we lose 2-0 away then were leading 2-0 and then 3-0 in ET at ibrox and they scored a sucker punch away goal?! Can remember being absolutely gutted as knew we had a great team. The fact we won the treble made up for it but a euro run would've been the icing on the cake!