English Football

Clemdog

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Hate to say it

But the way Mourinho and Utd set up tonight is probably how we should against Celtic. Stifle them, get them frustrated otherwise we'll need to watch Sinclair one on one vs Clint Hill

Hitting them on the break would be effective against them IMO as their defence isn't much better than ours. Not Warburton's style though.

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Hitting them on the break would be effective against them IMO as their defence isn't much better than ours. Not Warburton's style though.

I know, it's frustrating but I just don't think we have the players to beat them at their own game. They have far more effective players going forward.

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I know, it's frustrating but I just don't think we have the players to beat them at their own game. They have far more effective players going forward.

Yep, the game in September proved that. Fearing the worst for this game tbh. Hate going in to any game feeling like that.

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Hate to say it

But the way Mourinho and Utd set up tonight is probably how we should against Celtic. Stifle them, get them frustrated otherwise we'll need to watch Sinclair one on one vs Clint Hill

No issues with Mourinho's game plan. His tactics were correct IMO and defo worked, however the actual quality overall, from both teams was very poor. Multi million pound players failing to do the very basics. All ifs buts and maybes but if Zlatan heads that one home then it's the perfect plan from Man U........

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I've said it a few time but the 5-1 game was the most bizarre game. It was never a 5-1 game. Stupidity cost us dearly. I think a midfield of Halliday, Holt and Windass/Forrester gives  us a much better chance too and we have a real chance of winning the midfield battle. That energy in the middle will be huge IMO. We have improved defensively, in the middle and now just need to find that killer instinct up top. Miller, Garner, Waghorn, whoever it may be must be clinical to have any chance........

44 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Fully disagree, when you've spent over £150m in the summer and are currently sitting seventh in the league and playing a pool team who was playing poorly, to sit and accept a 0-0 is embarrassing. These tactics are only correct when it's an important game later in the season and a draw keeps you in control, not in Oct against a team United beat twice in the league last season and were missing two key players.

I think the tactics were correct based on the fact Man United aren't that great IMO. If they were more offensive I think Liverpool would have ripped them apart. I fully agree though that Man United have spunked a shit load of money and haven't significantly improved their squad but that's another issue. In terms of playing squads Liverpool are superior IMO.