Dave King and Board

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I can't get why some folk are saying they are not a fan of Dave King and the current board. How short are your memories? 

id argue as well that some of the current board backers have short memories as well when at least 2 of the current board let us get into whytes hands in the first place

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

id argue as well that some of the current board backers have short memories as well when at least 2 of the current board let us get into whytes hands in the first place

Is there anything that you applaud at the moment in the running of the club?

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Is there anything that you applaud at the moment in the running of the club?

warburton and weir, and the fans dumping in a fuck ton of cash yet again

has anything else changed off the park, we have loans to shareholders (good now, bad previous boards, go figure) ibrox still needs work done on it, no closer to sorting anything else out (i dont believe king and his recent comments about retail) and the least said about the post cup final board disaster the better

here's a funny though, when the current loans get converted to shares, essentially paying king and co back, wee billy and his 400 quid a year season ticket will have paid more into the club than the guy who currently runs it

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

warburton and weir, and the fans dumping in a fuck ton of cash yet again

has anything else changed off the park, we have loans to shareholders (good now, bad previous boards, go figure) ibrox still needs work done on it, no closer to sorting anything else out (i dont believe king and his recent comments about retail) and the least said about the post cup final board disaster the better

here's a funny though, when the current loans get converted to shares, essentially paying king and co back, wee billy and his 400 quid a year season ticket will have paid more into the club than the guy who currently runs it

Warburton has stated publicly his support for the Board. 

Ibrox is getting work done to it, that is very evident. 

In the context of where the club finds itself financially the debt converted to equity is arguably a prudent way to leverage the finances of the club. On another level, to borrow on a short term basis in order to function financially is fairly standard, especially when the issue of working capital has proved to be vitally important to the club for over a decade now.

I reserve my praise for the Board, in that is conditional on what they achieve over time, but there are huge obstacles in running a club like Rangers in the football world at this present time. I'm willing to support the efforts of this Board thus far; in other words I think they have the best intentions of the club at heart, and have a very difficult task in front of them.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Warburton has stated publicly his support for the Board. 

Ibrox is getting work done to it, that is very evident. 

In the context of where the club finds itself financially the debt converted to equity is arguably a prudent way to leverage the finances of the club. On another level, to borrow on a short term basis in order to function financially is fairly standard, especially when the issue of working capital has proved to be vitally important to the club for over a decade now.

I reserve my praise for the Board, in that is conditional on what they achieve over time, but there are huge obstacles in running a club like Rangers in the football world at this present time. I'm willing to support the efforts of this Board thus far; in other words I think they have the best intentions of the club at heart, and have a very difficult task in front of them.

It aint easy I know, but this set just don't posses the wealth to run a club of our stature and expectation and shouldn't be near us. DK exploited a situation taking full advantage. This wasn't about saving us at all costs. This was and is about turning a buck and gaining a slice of the action on the cheap. Now I'm not saying the previous regimes were any different, but don't try and make the current stewards of our club to be saints and one on particular is far from it. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It aint easy I know, but this set just don't posses the wealth to run a club of our stature and expectation and shouldn't be near us. DK exploited a situation taking full advantage. This wasn't about saving us at all costs. This was and is about turning a buck and gaining a slice of the action on the cheap. Now I'm not saying the previous regimes were any different, but don't try and make the current stewards of our club to be saints and one on particular is far from it. 

I hope that is not what I look to be doing, I just think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. From the outside looking in, they look to be going about things properly in my opinion.

Some of this boards members were involved in the downfall of Rangers having short arms and deep pockets before Craig Whyte was anywhere near Rangers, looking for anybody bar themselves to finance the deal, they have always wanted it on the cheap and as SDM said to big man King, don't give me excuses why not to buy Rangers sums it up. Well they have by very clever means got control and by all means look to doing a good job on the cheap, but the Rangers fans never got it on the cheap, four years of uncertainty and distress caused by the very people who are now being lauded as the saviours of Rangers.

9 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Some of this boards members were involved in the downfall of Rangers having short arms and deep pockets before Craig Whyte was anywhere near Rangers, looking for anybody bar themselves to finance the deal, they have always wanted it on the cheap and as SDM said to big man King, don't give me excuses why not to buy Rangers sums it up. Well they have by very clever means got control and by all means look to doing a good job on the cheap, but the Rangers fans never got it on the cheap, four years of uncertainty and distress caused by the very people who are now being lauded as the saviours of Rangers.

Superb post 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

We all love Rangers and as long as the club is doing well on the park .The pressure is off King and Murray .

That applies to any board/chairman past or present.No one really cared what SDM was getting up to as long as the team were winning on the park.Only when the millions started drying up did some start to take notice that all wasn't well on Edmiston Drive.

11 hours ago, Dietspam said:

I can't get why some folk are saying they are not a fan of Dave King and the current board. How short are your memories? 

They miss the good chaps that sold Ashley the naming rights to Ibrox for a pound. Sold all the advertising rights that Ashley has at Ibrox for a pound too. The same guys who pushed through the most one sided retail deal ever. Fat Ashley owned us by strealth and almost suffocated our great Club.

Some people simply can't admit they were wrong, still go on about fans boycotting and King's tax charges in an attempt to muddy the waters. 

These people will never take to King as their inflated egos will not let them admit they were wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They miss the good chaps that sold Ashley the naming rights to Ibrox for a pound. Sold all the advertising rights that Ashley has at Ibrox for a pound too. The same guys who pushed through the most one sided retail deal ever. Fat Ashley owned us by strealth and almost suffocated our great Club.

Some people simply can't admit they were wrong, still go on about fans boycotting and King's tax charges in an attempt to muddy the waters. 

These people will never take to King as their inflated egos will not let them admit they were wrong. 

I think you'll find those tax charges were convictions. 

You must've missed the fucking mess the last board King was on go us into. 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I am no supporter of King or Ashley but you are right in what you say.Some will never take to King or others regardless and that's their opinion and the same applies to Ashley.We are where we are and I and I think the majority of Rangers supporters just want to have peace in the boardroom and see the club moving forward and back to where we belong.It will take time and patience and a lot of very hard work by all involved from the boardroom to the stands.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I think you'll find those tax charges were convictions. 

You must've missed the fucking mess the last board King was on go us into. 

King didn't control the last board and reccommended we did not sell to Whyte. Invested a lotcof money into the Club too. 

As for convictions, they were merely fines. King was never going to jail, unlike a certain bus company owner who was welcomed onto our board. Smacks of double standards to me.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

King didn't control the last board and reccommended we did not sell to Whyte. Invested a lotcof money into the Club too. 

As for convictions, they were merely fines. King was never going to jail, unlike a certain bus company owner who was welcomed onto our board. Smacks of double standards to me.

He was offered the club by Sir Minty why didn't he buy it? and if he didn't agree with Minty he could've resigned or was he too busy watching his 20mill. 

As for the last paragraph :lol: he was looking at a long time in jail if he couldn't pay those fines after his conviction. Easdale shouldn't have been anywhere near our club either but if your happy with King being a crook then you can't moan about Easdale. 

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

How were we wrong? King engineered the boycott to drive the share price down so that he could get in on the cheap. He had no regard for the fans who had poured millions into the club when it was needed to survive. He waited until there would be no liability to the Newco, even if we do finally lose the BTC. Do you support the board or the fans over the SCF fiasco? Finally, when will you realise that not supporting King does not make you an Ashley supporter?

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He was offered the club by Sir Minty why didn't he buy it? and if he didn't agree with Minty he could've resigned or was he too busy watching his 20mill. 

As for the last paragraph :lol: he was looking at a long time in jail if he couldn't pay those fines after his conviction. Easdale shouldn't have been anywhere near our club either but if your happy with King being a crook then you can't moan about Easdale. 

King couldn't buy the Club as he was under investigation by the tax authorities as you know.

Anyhow, I'm off on holiday today, so will leave you and your ego be for a while. Xxx

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

King couldn't buy the Club as he was under investigation by the tax authorities as you know.

Anyhow, I'm off on holiday today, so will leave you and your ego be for a while. Xxx

Trying to muddy the waters now! Have a good holiday. Hope we are still top of the league when you return.

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

:lol: only one with an ego is you, it goes well with your double standards so it's all good.