Dave King and Board

With the rumoured transfer fee of 1.5 to 1.8 Million  being agreed for Garner, are we happy overall with Signings and Money thats been spent? 

Understood we still need a big no nonsense CB(senderos? or a possible loan signing) but i think we could be close to title 55 at the end of the season. 

My overall views of Dave King is he has done what he would say he would do in regards to signings, shame he bottled a follow up from cup final but overall im happy. 

Views bears?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, stevemartin1991 said:

With the rumoured transfer fee of 1.5 to 1.8 Million  being agreed for Garner, are we happy overall with Signings and Money thats been spent? 

Understood we still need a big no nonsense CB(senderos? or a possible loan signing) but i think we could be close to title 55 at the end of the season. 

My overall views of Dave King is he has done what he would say he would do in regards to signings, shame he bottled a follow up from cup final but overall im happy. 

Views bears?

I can't remember the last time I was this happy being a Rangers fan.

Yes the board have played their part but I think a number of factors are contributing to the feel good factor: style of play, recruitment, squad harmony, results (especially old firm) and the biggest one for me the fans, it's been great over the last 12 months to be talking about normal football related topics again. 

I am mot necessarily a fan of Dave King or the Board but I am beginning to become one; it's hard to see where they have put a foot wrong since taking over the running of the club. People should be judged on their record at Rangers over a time and what they have contributed to the club, and so far the Chairman and this Board have done very well. It appears they are putting the fundamentals together in order to bring long term success to the club, and that is the bass is possibly most pleasing.

It was a no brainer getting the rats out the club and rangers men running us again.

It will never be perfect and there will always be grumbling about one thing or another but it's heading in the right direction.  Get fat Ashley to fuck and get a new share issue going then the squad can get really bolstered and our stadium back to its former glory and all will be well. 

A quality of center back and i'll be close to coming around. 3 positions badly needed filled for us to win the league. Holding midfield- stumped up the wages for Barton and Rossiter. Striker- looks like we're putting good money on the table for a player the gaffer wants. Center half - Clint Hill and Senderos isnt good enough, I'm sorry. If Senderos proves to be what we need and we sort it out back there my praise will go to him and Mark Warburton - because even though the Garner deal proves there is some money there, Senderos being our first choice for a problem position shows that there isnt as much as King promised. If we win this league with those 2 as free transfers being the only additions to our defence it'll be an achievement alongside Walter winning 3 in a row when we went 2 years without paying a fee. 

44 minutes ago, stevemartin1991 said:

Views bears?

I read that the transfer fee we're paying for Joe Garner is £1.5M minimum to be paid in two instalments. 750k this year and 750k next year, then with add ons for appearances etc the fee could rise to £1.7million in total which would be another 200k. He looks to be a good signing, well done to the scout who spotted him. MW for approving him and the board for releasing the money to pay for him.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

A quality of center back and i'll be close to coming around. 3 positions badly needed filled for us to win the league. Holding midfield- stumped up the wages for Barton and Rossiter. Striker- looks like we're putting good money on the table for a player the gaffer wants. Center half - Clint Hill and Senderos isnt good enough, I'm sorry. If Senderos proves to be what we need and we sort it out back there my praise will go to him and Mark Warburton - because even though the Garner deal proves there is some money there, Senderos being our first choice for a problem position shows that there isnt as much as King promised. If we win this league with those 2 as free transfers being the only additions to our defence it'll be an achievement alongside Walter winning 3 in a row when we went 2 years without paying a fee. 

I think we'll here about a CB coming in on loan early next week

It did pass my mind senderos coming for some training time might be a way of smoking out our real target? Widnae put it past MW, DW and wee frankie. They've been one step ahead of the game to date. Here's to one more rabbit coming out the magic hat ?(Ps if it's senderos then the gaffer sees the value and that's enough for this bear) ??

I was very much against DK prior to last season. However signing Warburton and SDW has proved to be a master stroke, getting MacParland on board as scout has put a lot of good players our way this season.

If we sign Senderos and Joe Garner that will convince me that I was wrong and DK and the board will do.

Good fishing OP

We wont be finishing anywhere near the top if we don't acquire a quality centre half.

Irrespective of who the board is we patently don't have a pot to piss in, we run at a huge annual loss and Scottish football makes it nearly impossible for us to run at any level of viability; ergo we need a sugar daddy and we certainly don't have one of those.

If we ignore the blatant lies DK spouted to gain control, regards the puting in of tens of millions of his own money, then on the whole yes I'm happy with the progress being made. 

Money should have been available for signings due to ST sales funds, and it appears now that some is.

For me it's never been about spending X on a player for the sake of it. It's about if MW saw a player he wanted that could add significant value - and hefty profit after a few years - then we could go out and get him. Until now that market has appeared to exclude contracted players who involved transfer fees and for me that was too restrictive on the manager.

A strong dominant speedy CH to go and I'll be very happy this window.

9 hours ago, stevemartin1991 said:

Views bears?

ST sales have paid for this signing mate .