Preston Fan on Joe Garner

PNEFCFAN

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, PNEFCFAN said:

To be fair, I route for Rangers in Scotland so I am glad Joey has joined you and not anyone else.

Jermaine Beckford stays fit, we might just be ok. Plus Stevie May will be back from injury in November...I expect you all know more about him than me as he got injured early in his Preston career so fingers crossed he can be a good player for us

Good to hear. I don't know how any fellow Briton can like the wee small team that share our city (wear Green and Grey hoops) given their disdain and hatred of our fine nation. These parasites glorify baby killing IRA (who surrendered)  scum every game. Not to mention their harbouring of Paedophiles and raping of their youngsters. They really are a scourge on the United Kingdom they claim to hate but love to financially drain. 

Best of British for next year always had a soft spot since Sir David Healy was at Deepdale.

The last time I remember reading something like this was from a Utrecht fan bemoaning the loss of Michael Mols to us. The guy was basically saying we were getting no ordinary player and that Mols was special. Well that guy was absolutly bang on in his assessment of the best mickey ever to wear the light blue.

Im classing that as a good omen so Many thanks to the op for taking the time to post. If Garner has half the impact of wee Mols then we are in for a treat.

Playing for Glasgow Rangers is a whole worlds difference than playing for Preston north end .

No disrespect to the OP but the things you mention are small potatoes for what I want to see a Rangers striker achieve .

If we get him .Hope he does turn out to be a good player and can bully defenders especially at set plays  .That is what we need as we already have 2 fairies in the heart of our defence who have scored 1 goal between them all last season .

23 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

??:sherlock:

great clips from you and the op. looks like he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time scoring a few from rebounds etc and deft goals also. just hope he gets the service to attack the ball in the box with the napper as we are not prone to putting in that many crosses in a game

20 minutes ago, devref said:

great clips from you and the op. looks like he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time scoring a few from rebounds etc and deft goals also. just hope he gets the service to attack the ball in the box with the napper as we are not prone to putting in that many crosses in a game

Hopefully that will change with the quality to attack in the box.

We've already seen more corners coming into the box since Clint Hill arrived.

• 3 months later...
On 16/08/2016 at 5:42 PM, PNEFCFAN said:

Hi Rangers,

I have been a Preston season ticket holder for 15 or so years and I am 26 so most of my life so I would like to think I have a good opinion when it comes to the club. I would like to give you all a bit of a run down on Joe Garner as it is with a heavy heart I have to admit it looks like he is on his way to you boys. Just looking through your forum I can see a combination of 'Give him a chance' and 'Too much money for a player who only score 6 goals last year'. I can tell you all now you have got an excellent player on your hands who you will fall in love with from day one. He gives his all for the shirt and he is the best player in the air I have ever seen at North End (and we have had Kevin Davies and Andy Carroll at our club) he looks small but he hangs in the air like Michael Jordan. The reason for the low goal tally last year was it was our first year back in the Championship so our plan was to be solid, playing Joey up front on his own for a lot of the time and if we went 1-0 up, defend! (and to be fair, he played almost every game for us last year and we finished 10th) In League 1 where we were favorites to finish towards the top of the league (as you are this year) he was unstoppable because we looked to attack and control games, bullied defenders, scored all kinds of goals and dragged us out of the shit many times taking games by the scruff of the neck (2-0 down at half time, he would come out and score at hat-trick). This sums him up, and why at Preston we love him....Play-off final at Wembley, winning 4-0 in the 80th or so minute and he sprints to close down thier centre half, puts him on his arse and wins a corner, turns to the Preston fans and screams COME ON with a fist pump. His passion almost brought me to tears. He is made for the old firm derby...his record against Celtic this season will be, 4 games, 4 goals, 3 yellow cards, 1 red card. 

I want him to stay but it looks like his mind is made up, and i can't blame him....I will be watching a lot of Rangers games this year to see how our Joey is doing. 

This is a fairly typical Joey performance

Enjoy

The Arsenal are going to pump you

I would like to say I judged garner too early.  Goal scoring wise he probably won't hit 50 goals for us but his enthusiasm and desire to hunt the ball cant ever be ignored. His price tag yeah is too high but that's not his fault and when you consider what English first team starters cost his fee was right for Preston but not for us.

i actually love the guy-hes having the same effect as novo had, always a 110% for the jersey, but because he's becoming a link from mid to top he won't get in as many scoring positions as waghorn or Miller and cue the usual suspects because he hasn't scored 20 goals for us saying he's shite

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

I would like to say I judged garner too early.  Goal scoring wise he probably won't hit 50 goals for us but his enthusiasm and desire to hunt the ball cant ever be ignored. His price tag yeah is too high but that's not his fault and when you consider what English first team starters cost his fee was right for Preston but not for us.

i actually love the guy-hes having the same effect as novo had, always a 110% for the jersey, but because he's becoming a link from mid to top he won't get in as many scoring positions as waghorn or Miller and cue the usual suspects because he hasn't scored 20 goals for us saying he's shite

He was in great positions last night but no one seems to pass to him lol