Graeme Murty

G.E.C.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was he any good at Norwich? 

Assistant Youth Development coach at Southampton (U12-U16 teams) 2012-2014

Youth Development Phase Lead Coach at Norwich (U16 team) 2014-2015

U18 Manager at Norwich 2015-2016

Guy has been making a step up every year or 2 since 2012. Looks good. (tu)

Actually quite an impressive Academy level CV particularly liked the qualifications part.

"He has recently completed the English Premier League’s Elite Coach Apprenticeship Scheme which is an intensive two year course designed to accelerate the learning and development of coaches at Premiership clubs who have demonstrated the potential to be future elite coaches."

Another great appointment by the club which should further strengthen the Youth Development program.

I hope that this helps to produce a home-grown group of players who can & should be used (if they are better than what we currently have !).

The argument over playing a youth player AND persevering with them over more than a single game, against going out & buying talent is something that will always have to be balanced by the manager.

2 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Actually quite an impressive Academy level CV particularly liked the qualifications part.

"He has recently completed the English Premier League’s Elite Coach Apprenticeship Scheme which is an intensive two year course designed to accelerate the learning and development of coaches at Premiership clubs who have demonstrated the potential to be future elite coaches."

recently completed it then fucked off to better things (tu):lol:(tu)

good to see the backroom team/coaching positions being filled with by guys who are highly thought of and respected within their field

can only be good for us in the long term

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Someone fancy telling me what a 'head squad development coach' actually does? sounds like one of they fancy made-up titles when someone's owed a favour.

Welcome, though. Hope he has an impact.

Pretty sure he is going to be the U20's manager, taking over Durrants role. 

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Someone fancy telling me what a 'head squad development coach' actually does? sounds like one of they fancy made-up titles when someone's owed a favour.

Welcome, though. Hope he has an impact.

Was hoping he'd develop a squad who can actually head the baw.