All the best to fellow bear Lynsey Sharp

RFCRobertson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, left winger said:

Question right back at you! 

By saying she wasn't glorifying it, I agree with you, but she wasn't highlighting it either - which you did say 'ffs'

3 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Not glorifying - more like highlighting - and exposing a (foreign) football club that condoned it, and still cannot admit it.

Read my post - again, and again - "Not glorifying - more like highlighting - and exposing a (foreign) football club that condoned it, and still cannot admit it".

Rather skip by posts that have more than two syllables and three words - fucken twat.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If a female athlete took testosterone to reach the same levels she would be banned, so where is the fairness in that. 

You either use drugs to get semenya down to normal levels for a woman or you let all women take testosterone to reach the same high levels as semenya. 

What a load of rubbish, everything to do with Semenya is natural, she didn't ask to be born the way she is, she has never taken any drugs to enhance her ability and she has never cheated.  No one has a right to force a person to take drugs that goes against their natural development.

Just now, Poetry_In_Blue said:

What a load of rubbish, everything to do with Semenya is natural, she didn't ask to be born the way she is, she has never taken any drugs to enhance her ability and she has never cheated.  No one has a right to force a person to take drugs that goes against their natural development.

She's closer to a guy tho' mate - and even has a wifie.

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

She's closer to a guy tho' mate - and even has a wifie.

Again what a load of rubbish, she doesn't have a penis and has never had a penis (the tests she had to go through proved that), and in this day and age with same sex marriages it is quite normal for two people of the same sex being married.

Just now, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Again what a load of rubbish, she doesn't have a penis and has never had a penis (the tests she had to go through proved that), and in this day and age with same sex marriages it is quite normal for two people of the same sex being married.

She has bollocks - and whether she was born that way or doesn't cut no ice with me - and same sex marriage - now you're talking pish - she's closer to a guy than a girl.

18 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Isn't her best time not even in the top 10 or so recorded at her distance? If so kinda puts it into perspective that she's not doing anything wrong 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Isn't her best time not even in the top 10 or so recorded at her distance? If so kinda puts it into perspective that she's not doing anything wrong 

The daft prick ran slow on purpose this season so the outcry would be less at the Olympics.

it should be in a division wae catlin Jenner and @Al Bear

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

She has bollocks - and whether she was born that way or doesn't cut no ice with me - and same sex marriage - now you're talking pish - she's closer to a guy than a girl.

Genetically she might not be 100% either but she has been judged to be more female than male that is why she had to undergo all of these tests to determine exactly what categorically she should be allowed to participate in.  Now I know I'm no doctor and I don't think you are either and I doubt even if you are that you had access to her medical records (those that weren't leaked to the press), but if all these professionals have given their opinion and if CAS have ruled in her favour on where and how she can compete then as far as I'm concerned she should be allowed to compete without snide remarks from other competitors and from the press and she should be allowed to be the best that she possibly could be in her natural condition, remember that at least she hasn't taken drugs to enhance her performance and she still isn't even the world record holder.

If you even want to delve further into her abilities then if you compare Paula Radcliffe's world record time in the marathon then she is closer to the men's world record time than what Semenya's time is compared the men's proportionally wise that is.  Radcliffe is 10% different and Semenya is 12% different, and as I said before where do you draw the line?  Do you stop someone from participating whose genetic makeup/mutation allows them to have increased haemoglobin which will also enhance their athletic abilities by as much as 50% over their competitors?  Not just this you must also remember (as I mentioned before) that there was the Indian female sprinter who has the exact same genetic condition as Semenya (Chand I think her name is) who didn't even get through her heats.

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yeah you're right something I had also mentioned, number 12 in the world if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Genetically she might not be 100% either but she has been judged to be more female than male that is why she had to undergo all of these tests to determine exactly what categorically she should be allowed to participate in.  Now I know I'm no doctor and I don't think you are either and I doubt even if you are that you had access to her medical records (those that weren't leaked to the press), but if all these professionals have given their opinion and if CAS have ruled in her favour on where and how she can compete then as far as I'm concerned she should be allowed to compete without snide remarks from other competitors and from the press and she should be allowed to be the best that she possibly could be in her natural condition, remember that at least she hasn't taken drugs to enhance her performance and she still isn't even the world record holder.

If you even want to delve further into her abilities then if you compare Paula Radcliffe's world record time in the marathon then she is closer to the men's world record time than what Semenya's time is compared the men's proportionally wise that is.  Radcliffe is 10% different and Semenya is 12% different, and as I said before where do you draw the line?  Do you stop someone from participating whose genetic makeup/mutation allows them to have increased haemoglobin which will also enhance their athletic abilities by as much as 50% over their competitors?  Not just this you must also remember (as I mentioned before) that there was the Indian female sprinter who has the exact same genetic condition as Semenya (Chand I think her name is) who didn't even get through her heats.

It is unfair to those like Lynsey - as their opposition has an unfair/unreasonable advantage.  Lynsey is 100% female - Caster Semenya has balls, no ovaries and as far as I can recall no womb and no possibility of bearing a child.

Your original stance was that she is natural, she is certainly not that - and is diagnosed as such - although those he/she competes against are 100% natural females.

58 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

So because she has an unnatural level of testosterone compared with the rest of the female athletes it's ok then. 

Whats the point of the rest of them even bothering to run, she has an unfair advantage plain and simple whether that's natural or not. She simply shouldn't be allowed to compete. 

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So because she has an unnatural level of testosterone compared with the rest of the female athletes it's ok then. 

Whats the point of the rest of them even bothering to run, she has an unfair advantage plain and simple whether that's natural or not. She simply shouldn't be allowed to compete. 

Perhaps Lynsey needs a few EBT's - if nothing else, it'll raise the testosterone levels of those timmigrants.

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Read my post - again, and again - "Not glorifying - more like highlighting - and exposing a (foreign) football club that condoned it, and still cannot admit it".

Rather skip by posts that have more than two syllables and three words - fucken twat.

Sorry, I thought you'd be able to follow a conversation you were part of. My mistake.

14 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

The race would have been completely different without Semenya.

How do you know that?

Care to explain? I willed Lynsey on but sixth to third (medal place) and alluding to one opponent. Seriously? I wasn't great at maths at school but doesnt make sense to me.

If she came fourth I'd see the point. Gives me no pleasure to criticise one of our own. Lynsey ran her persoanal best and I am proud she gave it her all. Wasn't good enough though sadly.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

How do you know that?

Care to explain? I willed Lynsey on but sixth to third (medal place) and alluding to one opponent. Seriously? I wasn't great at maths at school but doesnt make sense to me.

If she came fourth I'd see the point. Gives me no pleasure to criticise one of our own. Lynsey ran her persoanal best and I am proud she gave it her all. Wasn't good enough though sadly.

A race without Semenya wouldn't have gone through 400m in 57 seconds. This changed the race completely as everyone had to react to her. I'm not saying Sharp would have been on the podium but the race became almost a time trial. How races are run benefit different people. Take the men's 1500m which was won in 3 mins 40 something, horrificly slow. Kiprop the pre event favourite finishes way down due to the slow pace. Athletes resond differently to different types of races.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Lynsey came 6th. She wasn't beat to a gold medal by a man/semi woman or an antelope.

Thankfully beating Caster in the 800m is not a prerequisite to criticising her involvement in the race.  It's a man, running in a womans race, no one's going to beat here FFS.