Greatest fans in the world, jolly craic

K.A.I

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

That's surely enough flags for political reasons, which UEFA outlaw, to merit a stadium closure.

even the Dhaily Rhecord saying they are facing a stadium closure

they actually listed all their crimes over the last few years which surprised me a bit considering their love-in

12 minutes ago, paisleyroad said:

even the Dhaily Rhecord saying they are facing a stadium closure

they actually listed all their crimes over the last few years which surprised me a bit considering their love-in

Celtic face yet another UEFA rap as fans defy pleas and fly Palestine flags
19:57, 17 AUG 2016 UPDATED 23:40, 17 AUG 2016
BY DARREN COONEY
SUPPORTERS ignore police warnings with political statement in Champions League clash with Israelis Hapoel Beer Sheva.

SHARES

Enter your e-mail for our daily newsletter

Celtic fans with Palestinian flags

CELTIC face another UEFA rap after their fans flew Palestine flags during the Champions League clash with Israelis Hapoel Beer Sheva.

It is the ninth time in just five years Hoops supporters have landed their club in trouble with European football rulers.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

UEFA forbid political expressions in football and the waving of the Palestinian standard is seen as especially provocative given the opposition.

Police Scotland this week urged fans not to make a statement in the first-leg playoff– and warned them they faced being arrested.

Celtic fans controversial banner displayed by the Green Brigade featuring William Wallace and Bobby Sands during the Milan match
Tony NicolettiA Celtic fan raises a flare before the club's Europa League clash with Fenerbahce in Istanbul
READ MORE
Celtic vs Hapoel Beer Sheva live score and goal updates from the Champions League playoff clash at Parkhead
But those pleas fell on deaf ears and now Celtic face yet another fine – or even part closure of their stadium in European competition.

It’s the latest misdemeanour by Hoops supporters who have cost their club more than £100,000. It’s also the second time they have been fined for supporters flying Palestinian flags – the first coming against KR Reykjavik in 2014.

Celtic fans hold up Palestine flags before kick-off in the Beer Sheva clash
The rap sheet
* December 2015: Fenerbahce (A) – £10,000 for improper conduct of team as well as flares

* March 2015: Inter Milan (A) - £5850 for improper conduct of team, £3650 fine for flares

* February 2015: Dinamo Zagreb (A) - £7400 fine for inappropriate crowd behaviour

* July 2014: KR Reykjavik (H) - £16,000 fine for illicit banner

* December 2013: AC Milan (H) - £42,200 fine for illicit banner

* July 2013: Cliftonville (H) - £4200 fine for flares

* March 2012: Udinese (A) - £21,000 fine for flares and illicit banner

* December 2011: Rennes (A) - £12,700 fine for illicit chanting

They missed out these from prior to December 2011:

Liverpool - 3,500 euro

AC Milan home - 36,000 euro

AC Milan away - 500 euro

Man United - 50,000 euro

That's 12 in 13 years with one more coming and there might have been another 2 or 3 that slipped from memory.

So that's an average of at least one a year for 13 years.

There might even be a bit of "Swiss newspaper advert" backlash. 

You would hope the sfa would act on this too. We need our own football association to be public in there outcry for this. Scottish football should not be tarnished anymore because of Celtic. 

That YouTube videos are despicable and I commend the brave Israel people that took them, let's hope for once in these cretins lives their held accountable for their actions.  I would fathom a guess that out of all the Celtic fans waving the Palestinian flag the vast majority do it out of malice, nothing more. 

Ban them from Europe .. its the only option open now after repeated fines for constant disorder ...

€16,000 fine is fuck all...ban them for 2 years until they can control their fans.with no money coming in Liewell would soon find a solution .

8 hours ago, BF2 said:

Scrapping was all our fault according to the Daily Retard.

THE violence came as pro-Palestinian protesters held a demo outside Parkhead as Celtic took on the Israeli champions Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

353SHARES

SHOCKING footage has emerged showing thugs – some wearing Rangers tops and some who are supporters of the Palestinian cause – battling in Glasgow city centre today.

The video shows a man draped in a Palestinian flag in a clash with a number of men outside Central Station.

The video is believed to have been shot just hours before Celtic took on Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva at Parkhead in the Champions League.

Palestinian flags at a protest on the Celtic Way as the away team bus arrives

Tensions were raised in the city ahead of the match – which Celtic won 5-2 – with pro-Palestinian protesters holding a demonstration outside Celtic Park before the game.

Israeli fans heading to the match were greeted by the sight of Palestine flags outside the stadium with people handing out leaflets highlighting their desire for a Palestinian state.

Many Celtic fans are sympathetic to their cause and Palestinian flags are often seen being waved by fans within Parkhead while some Rangers fans often show their support for the State of Israel by waving the Star of David at games.

Daily Record

Protesters on the Celtic Way backing the Palestinian cause

UEFA take a firm line on supporters making political statements inside stadiums and Celtic have been fined before due to their fans stepping over the line.

A number of supporters waved Palestinian flags inside Parkhead during the match with Hapeol and the club could now once again be sanctioned by UEFA.

It's OK lads, they were just being sympathetic doh

Do we regularly fly the Star of David at games? I don't remember seeing it.

24 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Do we regularly fly the Star of David at games? I don't remember seeing it.

I was thinking this myself.  I think I've seen it once or twice but it's hardly a regular thing.  I'm guessing it's just following the DR's agenda of having to balance up the behaviour of the tims by saying we're just as bad.

12 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

What a shower of fucking imbeciles , do they honestly believe that there is the answer to the Middle East issues , a bunch of jakey trumpets waving a flag , threatening to smack people , how liberal .

The most confused bunch of tits on the planet . Think their Irish but they are not .claim to have all the answers to the Israel and Palestine conflict when they probably can't even spell their own name .claim to be the club of the underdog , anti -establishment and anti Zionist yet there they were celebrating an Israeli scoring a goal to help get them into the elite multi million pound tournament of football whilst waving Palestinian flags shouting "child killers" despite singing weekly in support of the IRA. 

39 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

What a shower of fucking imbeciles , do they honestly believe that there is the answer to the Middle East issues , a bunch of jakey trumpets waving a flag , threatening to smack people , how liberal .

The most confused bunch of tits on the planet . Think their Irish but they are not .claim to have all the answers to the Israel and Palestine conflict when they probably can't even spell their own name .claim to be the club of the underdog , anti -establishment and anti Zionist yet there they were celebrating an Israeli scoring a goal to help get them into the elite multi million pound tournament of football whilst waving Palestinian flags shouting "child killers" despite singing weekly in support of the IRA. 

It amazes me that these f--kers can't see that they're beloved ira  are child killers, but then admitting the truth isn't their thing.

12 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

UEFA always say they don't deal with stuff outside the stadium, but they don't tolerate political statements within the ground and the Palestinian flags may well count as that, as the scum ain't Palestinian but their guests were Israeli. 

However, if they see that footage, they might well decide to take action and a stadium closure, away fan ban or even getting kicked out may well be on the cards, given their average of a ban a year for pretty much 15 years.

It has to go down as intimidation ffs. I hope someone calls in an airstrike on the stadium next Tuesday

50 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

looks like they play their next game behind close doors,if UEFA  are true to their word.....gotta love their support; dullards

They have not qualified yet. But if they do will uefa actually do this..??..It would certainly be a form of karma justice if their 1st game at home in the champions league is against one of the big teams and they have to play it behind closed doors..I doubt it will happen but I certainly hope it does..They would be asking Nic and her snp/ira chums to make representations on their behalf probably..Fucking joke of a so called football club..