Reply from BT

Good Afternoon Redwhiteandblue,

Thank you for your email in regards to Chris Sutton. I am replying in writing as requested.

I do apologise if you feel Chris' commentary was rather biased, I know this can be rather frustrating when watching the games.

As an avid football fan myself, I do know how you feel when you have a direct rivals player commentating on your game and trust me as an Irishman myself, I do understand in great depth, the rivalry between Rangers and Celtic. While it may come across as frustrating to a diehard fan such as yourself the whole point of a colour commentator is to be opinionated. I do not know the exact incident you are referring to from ten years ago, no doubt it was something from an Old Firm Derby. If I was you, I would take great enjoyment in knowing that after all these years Rangers still get under Chris Sutton's skin.

I will feed it back appropriately but I must advise it may not be changed. You being Scottish and me being Irish, we both know how much biased commentary we have to go through when any England team are playing. Similarly it really gets to me when I had to watch a certain Thierry Henry do the punditry for the Ireland matches during the summer. I do really appreciate the annoyance but as football fans, banter and opposite opinions are something we will always have to deal with.

On a side note, it’s nice to see the 'Gers back in the top division, Celtic have been getting far too easy a time up there so it'll be nice if somebody can finally knock them off their perch.

Regards
Daniel Rouse
Digital Care

More people need to fire off a quick E-Mail about this cretin. Just maybe we can get rid of him. Mind and say you will cancel your subscription if he isn't.

Actually quite impressed by that reply.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Sutton can get himself as wind himself up as much as he likes with his dislike for us...generally doesn't impact my day.

Brilliant reply from BT though.

....edited because i confused myself between effect/affect... :| ... so it became "impact"

Very good reply from the guy at BT.

Have I missed something though? Whats the deal with Sutton? He was goign OTT on the Forrester bashing in the last game, but to be honest, he is allowed his opinion.

A couple of weeks ago, think it was in the Motherwell game, much to my surpise, Sutton was actually arguing quite venomously on our behalf. Came across as trying way to much to appear non biased to be honest.

Sutton is one of those guys who gets under your skin, a mild version of Lennon if you like. Its not great to have him commentating on our matches, but to be honest it is up to BT to decide.

I dont really think dislike for the guy means we should be campaining to have him removed. Plus, it will be great if we win the league and he has a hissy fit live on air.

I may have missed something though, so please let me know if this is the case.

Fair play to the guy for that response.  It's clearly well thought out and personal and not just a shell response they send to every complaint (tu) 

However with Sutton it goes beyond bias.  It's obvious in his commentary he fucking despises us.  It's a pity Stuart McCall and Colin Cameron are no longer on BT.

If he's on air when we win the league it'll be another case of "teams lying down to The Rangers" Fuck Chris Mutton he's on this BT sport trying to claw back some pennies after goin bankrupt.He's trying to do what Craig Burley done playing this bad guy character to drum up controversy 

I hated him as a player tbh hes just giving his opinion on our games being an ex tim he will try to infuriate us at times I wouldn't expect anything else I would like some of our ex players to do this if Celtic are playing 

the pundit that really annoys me is Gordan dazelle on clyde hes is so up Celtics arse and will bash us at every opportunity hes not just an ex player for us but we also paid him handsomely for a gig on Rangers tv and he has thrown it right back in our face 

ian Murray is another tit when hes on radio Scotland as is Derek Ferguson 

Compare that to some of the email responses fans have had from the BBC for example that is really good.

However I don't see the point complaining about Sutton, he has on occasion been (tried to be) complimentary of us and the way we try to play. He is most likely on board there because he is a bit of an arse and argues with all around him.

His tendencies will always show through bt are we really going down a route of complaining about him having an opinion?

Oh and if he annoys you that much go on to Twitter and askh about his film companies......

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I watched about 10 mins of the bheggars game last night and he called them "we" about 3 times.

Impartial my arse.

Fuck him, sooner he ends up like his savings account the better.

Would it bother you watching an ex Rangers player referring to us as "we" though?

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Would it bother you watching an ex Rangers player referring to us as "we" though?

Of course Sutton is going to say we :lol: 

He played for them for years, being offended about that is utterly bizarre.