*** Official Post Match Thread.***

gogzy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too slow in the first half, too much dilly-dallying and not enough purpose. 2nd half we were miles better and should have had a 3rd at the end if MOH hadn't fucked it.

MOH needs to start against Kilmarnock, and hopefully Holt or Windass instead of Halliday. 

Bit controversial but the manager has played the exact same way now for over a year with no variations.  Yeah, we are winning but by fuck its close now that teams can read us.  I really don't want to face a "good" team yet.

Pretty football needs to stop and we need to be a bit decisive and yeah, our defense is rotten too

First half was lackluster, we were poor middle to front, and terrible in defense.  Second half was where it ll changed.

We came out with a bit hunger, turned the pace up a notch and looked a different team.   I still think that Miller starting was the wrong move, dodoo should have started IMO. Miller took his goal excellently though.

I thought taking Barrie off was the wrong move, but him going off didn't make us worse, so I was wrong there.

The way we won this game shows a drive and winning mentality that could serve us well in this league.  It was a huge three points so early on in the season.  

I think Dodoo should start next week.

What I got from it:

Although slow, Kranjcar is exactly the type of player who needs to play against teams who will just sit in all game

We seemed to emphasise crosses today, which hopefully Joe Garner will thrive on.

Our midfield this season is not giving as many chances for the opposition to attack, however when they do our central defence looks petrified.

Manager got it wrong choosing Miller again, him dropping deep is the main reason we had nobody in the box in the first half.  Dodoo offers something different and I would have liked to have seen him start with Miller coming on for the last 30 mins  

Looking forward to new CB and seeing Garner and Waghorn up front.IMO were missing Windass,seemed to bring us direct football,running at defenders instead of this sideways,trying to walk it in pish.Delighted to scrape the 3 points could be invaluable come end of season. NO SURRENDER 

got away with it today. Managers arrogance is gonna cost us some how he's managed to kill whatever pace we had in the team.

Mr Warburton and Weir I'd like to remind you that your responsibility is to win games and style comes 2nd I get the impression your more worried about stats.

today was the first strike against the management team for me that simply isn't good enough

Its been said to death but we need a Plan B.

MW seems too stubborn at times to admit it but playing the same way and in particular slow build up has given us

the same issues for the past season and a half, only works when we play with pace and quick passing.

Start Garner for Miller, Windass for Halliday, another CB.  

Lets hope he learns from this!

I'm worried to be honest. I think we've been woeful in all league matches so far. We still look shaky at the back and going forward we've lacked imagination. Home draw with Accies, hanging on for 2-1 against Dundee and scraping a 2-1 in the 91st minute against Motherwell. Three of the weakest teams in the league. Three points though and surely it can only get better.

No urgency 1st half, wee Barrie needs dropped for a few games, Halliday needs to up his game.

MOH must get a run in the starting 11, when Nikos fit best player in the league, Tav had another good game.

when Waggy and Garner are in the team we'll bury teams with the amount off balls accross the goals we put in.

best off all, we dont have to see that tarrier McGhees smug coupon on the highlights show!!!

If you start Rossiter and Barton then your 3rd midfielder needs to offer something different. You could hardly part the 3 in midfield in the first half they played that close together. i'd prefer us to only play with one holding midfielder at home as Barton and Rossiter play too deep to support a static front 3. At home, one from those 2, Krancjar to pick a pass and then a Holt / Windass as a runner to join those up top. 

I'd bring Miller on for the last 30 rather than playing from start. When others get fit again I'd imagine some of that team will fear for their starting place. 

Not controversial at all in my opinion, in fact Waghorn made a very telling comment during the game that teams have been coming to Ibrox since Christmas and playing like Motherwell did with 10 men behind the ball. So we know how the majority of opponents are going to play, yet have still to come up with an effective solution to change things. But hey, we won the possession battle comfortably again so the Manager will be happy...

And I agree with an earlier post that McKay should be benched, he has been hugely disappointing this season, as has Wallace behind him. Whether its the slight step up in quality or they are both just out of form there is a real lack of attacking threat down their side of the pitch.