*** Official Post Match Thread.***

gogzy

Tempo was shocking first half. 

Need to stop getting caught on the break so easy. Could do with being more physical.  

Ref was poor but we don't play clever and fall for the usual tricks too easy. 

Seen more ambition from teams in championship than from Motherwell. I expect teams to sit in but they were poor. 

But three points and another step on the learning curve hopefully. Enjoy the rest of the weekend bears. ?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our fans need to show more belief in the players and have more patience when our game plan doesn't seem to be working.

Also, have more faith in King Kenny Miller to produce the goods in big games or when we are struggling to score against stuffy/awkward opposition..

6 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Windass and Garner should be on against Kilmarnock, I just hope that midfield won't be the same

been more clinical mate we should've be 2-3 up or minimum 1-1 instead we found ourselves looking down the barrel at 1-0 down . That's the most frustrating part. Take our chances then let Barton rossiter and Andy control the game. When we find ourselves behind that midfield 3 doesn't work.

We seem to start far too laboriously, teams will know they only have to get an early goal on the break which is easy against our defence and camp out the rest  of the game.

Miller despite his goals slows down our attack, we need someone with pace at the spearhead of our forward line. It's not to say that Miller won't contribute anything this season but I think he should only be used sparingly and more as an impact sub. 

I still don't know who the Midfield three should be. I don't think Warburton does either but it should be clear that Halliday, Barton and Rossiter together doesn't work after two starts.

Barton has been showing signs of quality but also has been quite slack and still nowhere near where he should be considering his performances last season. Hopefully we see an improvement soon.

wasnt the best from us but Motherwell showed a bit of composure in their passing today, pretty well organised performance from them if the truth be told. What a difference from the absolute disinterested shambles they decided to put on against The Unwashed. Used to think it was just banter when they said M/Well laid down to the Tims the last while, but now I believe it. They were gutted at the end after trying their guts out for 90 mins, but get it right up them, hope there was plenty of exhuberant goading towards the pathetic dribble of Well fans who were there.

3 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

There is absolutely no creativity in that starting midfield 3. 

Halliday has been shocking 2 games in a row.

Judging by his goals at Preston, Garner will score a lot of goals with some of the deliveries into the box today.

I agree but we ain't struggling to make chances we are struggling to put them away. That's our biggest issue.

Gonna be a wee bit controversial here and say Barton needs dropped. 

Dont think he and Rossiter should both start and I think Rossiter has earned his place. I think warburton knows he has earned his spot but feels Barton must play. 

Forrester in the middle 3. Miller off the bench. McKay needs a boot up the erse

Guest Lloyd72

Also I'd really like to see Barry played in midfield since he refuses to take people on down the left. MOH needs to start next game he was really good when he came on.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Bit harsh but I agree he shouldn't be a starter decent squad player though 

Maybe I'm still a bit annoyed after the game and it is harsh but he was the worst player on the park by a mile today, missed 2 open nets and offered nothing but slack passes.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

:lol: Coming from the guy who thinks Kiernan should be an automatic starter

Kiernan was decent today, haven't watched their goal back yet so not sure who's fault that was but I thought he was decent. Wilson played well too imo

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Maybe I'm still a bit annoyed after the game and it is harsh but he was the worst player on the park by a mile today, missed 2 open nets and offered nothing but slack passes.

I'd imagine Windass will replace him in the middle when fit I see him as back up to Wallace this season

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I'd imagine Windass will replace him in the middle when fit I see him as back up to Wallace this season

I hope not, because I'd like the both of them dropped next game. Wallaces form worries me.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I hope not, because I'd like the both of them dropped next game. Wallaces form worries me.

Wallace will improve I've no doubt about that he's a proven premier league performer maybe lack of competition for his spot is the issue there as Tav looks to have got better since Hodgson came in