Kenny

RDFM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Somehow, aye. Misses easy chances on the regular though. Same throughout his career tbf.

That's true but his work rate has always been excellent as well.

Despite obviously not being perfect I think you need to say Miller's contribution to Rangers over the year has been positive on the whole

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Never in the box when he's the striker, first touch is awful - never been great tbf - and misses chances that he should score.

"Never been in the box"!! Are you serious?

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How many times did we get the chance to play the ball in the box when he wasn't there? Always drops off as well.

So whats your solution? He saved us last week and again today, but I'm sure you have a better option?

1 minute ago, Daz said:

So whats your solution? He saved us last week and again today, but I'm sure you have a better option?

Solution is to drop him because regardless of what he does and doesn't do as an individual he has a negative effect on how the team plays.

What better finisher? I get the whole thing about miller getting older and sometimes out of position, and also I don't entirely agree with him playing a full 90mins, but people need to give the guy a break.

5 minutes ago, Daz said:

Do you think we should rely on Miller all season?  He's clearly got a good contribution to make even at his age now but its expecting too much of him to rely on him as the main striker

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Solution is to drop him because regardless of what he does and doesn't do as an individual he has a negative effect on how the team plays.

What negative effect is he having on the team? I think you need to have a look else where in the team to justify that comment!

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Do you think we should rely on Miller all season?  He's clearly got a good contribution to make even at his age now but its expecting too much of him to rely on him as the main striker

I agree we can't rely on miller to be our main striker, that is a given. But I refuse to accept the trash talk thrown his way, I don't think it is justified.

9 minutes ago, Daz said:

You talk like Kenny Miller is the only player we have who is capable of scoring goals.  We now have Waghorn, Dodoo, and Garner who can play through the middle and score goals.  Miller's general play is absolutely shite and he can't be allowed to continue.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You talk like Kenny Miller is the only player we have who is capable of scoring goals.  We now have Waghorn, Dodoo, and Garner who can play through the middle and score goals.  Miller's general play is absolutely shite and he can't be allowed to continue.

Your way off the mark, I never said that. I only assume you cheered when miller won our game today?

1 minute ago, Daz said:

I agree we can't rely on miller to be our main striker, that is a given. But I refuse to accept the trash talk thrown his way, I don't think it is justified.

Personally I don't think see it as a slight on him as such, I think he's had a too much pressure on him for this stage of his career, when Waghorn got injured last season we ended up reliant on Miller because Clark was absolutely rotten and we had no-one else. It's started similar this season but hopefully when Waghorn, Garner and Dodoo are all fit and up to speed that should change and Kenny can play more of a back up impact role.

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Personally I don't think see it as a slight on him as such, I think he's had a too much pressure on him for this stage of his career, when Waghorn got injured last season we ended up reliant on Miller because Clark was absolutely rotten and we had no-one else. It's started similar this season but hopefully when Waghorn, Garner and Dodoo are all fit and up to speed that should change and Kenny can play more of a back up impact role.

Yep, I agree with that.

1 minute ago, Daz said:

Your way off the mark, I never said that. I only assume you cheered when miller won our game today?

Your obviously a fan of Kenny's and that's fine.  He's done a lot of good things in the past. 

6 hours ago, Daz said:

What negative effect is he having on the team? I think you need to have a look else where in the team to justify that comment!

We're playing without a CF, because he goes everywhere but there. It's like Craig Levine's 4-6-0. 

The game changed when Dodoo came on and stuck to his position. 

He isn't shite and he isn't fantastic either. I laugh some times at how conflicted Kenneth makes me, I love the guy and think hes a good professional and a reliable player, but at the same time I get annoyed when folk say he's a llegend etc cause he isn't a Rangers legend and never will be and we all know why 

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

He isn't shite and he isn't fantastic either. I laugh some times at how conflicted Kenneth makes me, I love the guy and think hes a good professional and a reliable player, but at the same time I get annoyed when folk say he's a llegend etc cause he isn't a Rangers legend and never will be and we all know why 

KM has done an incredible job for us previously, even now I can't knock his enthusiasm or work rate.  I'd love him to move into coaching and pass on his wealth of knowledge.

But for me previously he always played to his strengths. Now, it's as if he's trying to reinvent himself. All this coming deep, trying to be the guy working hard to be the wall pass to defenders.  It's madness.

He's no 9 and is meant to be the no 9. Stay in or around the box. Goals will come, as they should for any Rangers no 9. 

None of the Kenny stuff is about him playing for that mob. That's an argument thrown about when folk don't like him being criticised.

As for legend, define what that means. Who has met your definition requirements? Does Miller? He doesn't for me, but given he stayed and goals he has scored I'd get it if other said he was. Regardless of his dark days. ?

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We're playing without a CF, because he goes everywhere but there. It's like Craig Levine's 4-6-0. 

The game changed when Dodoo came on and stuck to his position. 

Spot on , its frustrating as fuck to see our cf drop 40 yards from goal to play a 5 yard pass when we have 3 cm playing , or when he comes onto the left wing and him,mckay,wallace stand 5 yards apart play about 4 passes with none of them moving so then its passed into midfield anyway

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

None of the Kenny stuff is about him playing for that mob. That's an argument thrown about when folk don't like him being criticised.

As for legend, define what that means. Who has met your definition requirements? Does Miller? He doesn't for me, but given he stayed and goals he has scored I'd get it if other said he was. Regardless of his dark days. ?

No Rangers legend has or ever will or would play for them. End of. A Rangers legend should uphold the standards of Rangers FC, and playing for them is the exact opposite of that. Doesnt matter when he played for them whether it was before or after etc. i am a big fan of Kenny Miller, ive met him and I love him as a player etc, but he will never be called a Rangers legend imo and neithe will anyone else who wore a green and grey rag. The amount of abuse actual Rangers legends get on here and folk are calling Kenny Miller, a man who scored for them against us, a legend? Mon tae fuck.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

No Rangers legend has or ever will or would play for them. End of. A Rangers legend should uphold the standards of Rangers FC, and playing for them is the exact opposite of that. Doesnt matter when he played for them whether it was before or after etc. i am a big fan of Kenny Miller, ive met him and I love him as a player etc, but he will never be called a Rangers legend imo and neithe will anyone else who wore a green and grey rag. The amount of abuse actual Rangers legends get on here and folk are calling Kenny Miller, a man who scored for them against us, a legend? Mon tae fuck.

Believe me I'm not puting him up as a legend.

But some would give it to Wallace for sticking by us. Miller did this AND scored plenty in previous periods with us.

Not for me a legend. But my point is I criticise him because of my opinions on him as a player not because he played for the filth. 

I'm amazed anyone really rates him but wouldn't consider him a legend and hark back to what he did as a youth as the reasoning.  Pretty sad tbh.