Barton

Teddybear123

Seen a lot of people on here criticising Barton's contribution so far this season. Personally I thought in the Burnley game when he was used in the holding role he looked a class above any other player we have. For me this is when he's at his best, sitting back spraying the passes around and breaking up play.

However, when he gets played with rossiter, he plays in a far more advanced role where he is unable to use his fantastic passing range and is forced to dribble with the ball in tight areas which is not his strong point! 

Like alot of other people, I do not think we should be playing Barton and rossiter together while we're playing a 433 system.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was much better in the second half today. Won the ball back a lot of times with Rossiter, but I'm of the same view that we need more movement than Barton and Rossiter together bring. Add in Halliday and it's really nowhere near an ideal, fluent midfield.

Holt and Windass will really shake things up when they come back.

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Can't start him and Rossiter in the same starting 11. Going by recent performances, there's only one winner there for me.

Rossiter certainly has been better defensively but for me barton has often created something out of nothing with his passing range

I thought he came up here to pose. He made his feelings about Scottish football clear, hardly inaccurate. But I can't deny that the thrill he's given us from the early twitter hints to his first appearance. He's a kind of Novo signing and one we've needed. Our home support has been stale and lethargic. We should indulge in these times 

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

He was much better in the second half today. Won the ball back a lot of times with Rossiter, but I'm of the same view that we need more movement than Barton and Rossiter together bring. Add in Halliday and it's really nowhere near an ideal, fluent midfield.

The one moment when he won the ball and then back heeled it was excellent and what he should be doing all the time 

Barton wax really impressive today - especially at the end and it was him driving the team forward, egging them all on, snapping in to tackles that made the difference.  Rossiter is playing well! Both deserve their starting slots 

Maybe I was at a different game? Yes he slipped up with a pass that led to their goal. However he covered every blade of grass, put himself about and terrific tackle in 2nd half to stop a breakaway.Happy with Joey and will get better in the coming weeks. 

Might sound daft but I'd play Barton sitting more and have Rossiter further up. Rossiter is class at breaking up play and can pass through the channels for the strikers. If we played him more advanced you'd see the Gers getting quicker turn overs higher up the pitch and he has the legs to get back into help Joey if we need him there.

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Barton wax really impressive today - especially at the end and it was him driving the team forward, egging them all on, snapping in to tackles that made the difference.  Rossiter is playing well! Both deserve their starting slots 

Barton deserved hooked at half time. He improved in the second half.

He plays as if he's the man everything must go through, but he's not at the level for that yet either through fitness or underestimating the Scottish game.

Him and Rossiter together hinder our offensive play, only need one. For me it would be young Rossiter.

I thought he was actually no bad today. Plenty of fight slowed the play down a few times but there were a few times he would switch the play well. I think we were expecting him to come up and run the show and he talked a good game but he now has to do his talking on the park

12 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Agree.  Our midfield three today are far to similar in style for my liking.  Think Holt and/or Windass will add some dynamism In there.  Also, pinning my hopes that Crooks will turn out to be the solid ball-winner we need in front of our defence.  Rossiter and Barton are busy players but not ball-winners IMO, Alex MacDonalds rather than John Greig's. Though Motherwell too often came out with the ball from challenges today.

29 minutes ago, Teddybear123 said:

Seen a lot of people on here criticising Barton's contribution so far this season. Personally I thought in the Burnley game when he was used in the holding role he looked a class above any other player we have. For me this is when he's at his best, sitting back spraying the passes around and breaking up play.

However, when he gets played with rossiter, he plays in a far more advanced role where he is unable to use his fantastic passing range and is forced to dribble with the ball in tight areas which is not his strong point! 

Like alot of other people, I do not think we should be playing Barton and rossiter together while we're playing a 433 system.

We got destroyed by Burnley who are piss poor but were made out to be Barcelona on here, Bartons not played well this season and looks unfit posters are only saying what they see.

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

he would be better employed playing rather than media work, he has barely won a tackle, looks a yard off the pace and he will be taken to the cleaners by legobrron if that is all he has to offer

That is fucking tarrier talk, have a word with yourself. Go over to kerryfail if ye want to cream over that ugly bastard