Barton

Teddybear123

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

Barton was good today. Anyone else notice him covering for Tav a lot in the second half and allowing him to go forward more? He also made a few great challenges, that one on Johnson I think where he slid in from the back, won the ball and played a great pass afterwards was impressive and got the fans going, he drives us on and leads the team barking out orders which is what we've needed for ages in midfield.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We got destroyed by Burnley who are piss poor but were made out to be Barcelona on here, Bartons not played well this season and looks unfit posters are only saying what they see.

Liverpool hammered Barca the other week, Burnley skelped Liverpool today.

46 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

not one for defending the midfield, but it must be fucking baw bursting seeing the space for an expertly played pass in behind, only to find your centre forward 3 yards deeper than you because WE DONT HAVE A FUCKING STRIKER

honest to fuck its demoralising as fuck watching as we move the ball from ide to side because there is fuck all to hit in front of us, if i was a centre half id love to play against us simply because you can let the man your supposed to mark run to the halfway line instead of into your box

Dodoo offered much more movement and offered us an outlet in the 2nd half imo

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We got destroyed by Burnley who are piss poor but were made out to be Barcelona on here, Bartons not played well this season and looks unfit posters are only saying what they see.

Burnley aren't piss poor at all. They went about 23 games undefeated last season which is a pretty incredible achievement when you look at how competitive and difficult the Championship is.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Burnley aren't piss poor at all. They went about 23 games undefeated last season season which is a pretty incredible achievement when you look at how competitive and difficult the Championship is.

Looked average to me but against our defence most teams look like they could score. Anyone up front with pace kills us.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

he would be better employed playing rather than media work, he has barely won a tackle, looks a yard off the pace and he will be taken to the cleaners by legobrron if that is all he has to offer

Another embarrassing bears den post. At least you're consistent.

The balance of midfield is not right . I don't think you can have Barton , Rossiter and Halliday they do not work well together as none of them run by the forwards from the midfield . Warburton got Halliday to try that in the second half and we looked better , infact but for a great tackle Halliday would have scored, but it's not Halliday's natural game . I would also add Kranjer to that and say you should not have a midfield 3 from any mix of those 4. We need at least one of Holt, Forrester or Windass in the mid field as all 3 of them can do this role . I think Forrester is wasted out wide and is less effective there . Still team showed true Rangers character today and kept going till the end . Could be seen to be a big result at the end of the season 

3 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

Seen a lot of people on here criticising Barton's contribution so far this season. Personally I thought in the Burnley game when he was used in the holding role he looked a class above any other player we have. For me this is when he's at his best, sitting back spraying the passes around and breaking up play.

However, when he gets played with rossiter, he plays in a far more advanced role where he is unable to use his fantastic passing range and is forced to dribble with the ball in tight areas which is not his strong point! 

Like alot of other people, I do not think we should be playing Barton and rossiter together while we're playing a 433 system.

Imho, you've hit the nail on the head with what's going wrong with Barton. Barton and Rossiter need to practise more so they don't get in each others way. We need to master this 4-3-3 system.

3 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Think the issue is with Joey that he walks into every game thinking it'll be easy. Games against Rangers will be every single teams cup final, we should be treating them as such.

He actually said those words in the post match interview against Hamilton I think, said its every teams cup final, don't think he is under any illusions. Don't think his fitness levels are where they should be though.

Barton is edging his influence into this team in every match he plays. Wherever the ball is, no matter where on the park, he isn't far from it. He's a better player than I thought we were getting. He reads the game well, he keeps the shape of the midfield very well, and as I said earlier, he is always in the mix. Against Kilmarnock I'd have Rossiter, Barton, and Forrester in the middle. Barton will come good for this team, and he is entitled to a proper settling in period like most players get when they move to a new set up.

2 hours ago, DMax399 said:

Barton and Rossiter together are fine by me.

The question is, who is the third man in MF.

This may be controversial to some, but it's not Andy Halliday. That much is clear.

There's nothing controversial in that mate, Haliday is awful in the further forward position 

Yeah, agree it's either/or with Barton and Rossiter. And Halliday should be hooked.

Holt is a limited player, but at least he has energy and stamina and supports his team mates well. He's positionally good and makes good runs into the box, where we tend to miss a presence. Might be the time to give him a go again. 

Other than that, Windass will give better options, and if Forrester is to play, I'd prefer him inside rather than wide. Forrester in place of Halliday would be an improvement ATM.