Barton

Teddybear123

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, beechwood bear said:

Thought Barton played well second half. First half the whole team were rank. What happened wi Barton over at the Govan stand? Ball went out for a throw in and seen a section shouting at him.

He was motioning for the fans to raise the noise.

Quite a few raised the noise but it was directed at him with a few unsavoury words.

See what the major frustration is - we all accept that a midfield 3 of Barton, Rossiter and Halliday doesn't work as they cancel each other out - but we all said the same thing before Dundee and before today. So it's not being fickle or with the benefit of hindsight. If we can see it, why can't the manager?

I don't really care what he see's in training it's what fits right on the pitch surely.

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Barton wax really impressive today - especially at the end and it was him driving the team forward, egging them all on, snapping in to tackles that made the difference.  Rossiter is playing well! Both deserve their starting slots 

Barton has done fuck all since he arrived. He is a. Luxury we can't afford . Krankjier is a different class and when fully fit will be superb. Only my opinion but holt is a far better player than barton 

9 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Barton has done fuck all since he arrived. He is a. Luxury we can't afford . Krankjier is a different class and when fully fit will be superb. Only my opinion but holt is a far better player than barton 

Barton won the English Championship last season and in doing so was Burnley's POTY.  He is a very good player at this level and we're very lucky to have him.  Calling him a luxury is nonsense because the guy tries his heart out and I'm sure he'll prove himself to be a major asset over the next two seasons.

I think he's a great player, can read a game.well and finds his target more times than most. Tbh I don't need to see some quote from him on twitter or fb every game but if that's what he wants to do that's upto him. I think he's a quality player and I'm glad we signed him

5 hours ago, Dickie said:

Done fuck all ? :lol: 

yesterday he was the leader on the park - the man who drove the team forward, who kept the tempo high and a obvious first pick for me. 

20 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Done fuck all ? :lol: 

yesterday he was the leader on the park - the man who drove the team forward, who kept the tempo high and a obvious first pick for me. 

I....I agree

giphy.gif

whats going on in here the night/this morning :lol:

fucking twilight zone loyal

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Couldn't care less what he did for Burnley last season, what he does for my club is all I care about.

The fact of the matter is he's done nothing yet and is not worthy of a starting place.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

He's basically nowhere near giving us the level of performance we were all expecting.

I was hoping for a far better start from him. He hasn't controlled any game yet, hopefully he'll improve, otherwise would be massively disappointed if this is the level we can expect every week.

8 hours ago, Dickie said:

Mate barton would be a massive improvement to our team if he gets playing well in his best position(cdm). If anything krancjar is a luxury- tries hard and has the odd moment of brilliance but I'm beginning to think he is hamstringing our midfield more than he's improving it with his lack of energy. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong when he's fully fit but atm its not working out.

16 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

Seen a lot of people on here criticising Barton's contribution so far this season. Personally I thought in the Burnley game when he was used in the holding role he looked a class above any other player we have. For me this is when he's at his best, sitting back spraying the passes around and breaking up play.

However, when he gets played with rossiter, he plays in a far more advanced role where he is unable to use his fantastic passing range and is forced to dribble with the ball in tight areas which is not his strong point! 

Like alot of other people, I do not think we should be playing Barton and rossiter together while we're playing a 433 system.

Totally agree. Had a poor first half yesterday, like a few others tbh, but excellent second half the way he was driving everyone on. Just what we needed. He's still not at 100% yet, so a lot more to come from him, which is good for us.

I thought he was great in the second half yesterday. Trouble is we are only playing well one half each game. Hamilton and Motherwell we picked it up in the second half. Dundee in the first half. We need to start as we mean to go on and not rely on a roasting from the manager to get us in gear.

1 hour ago, Teddybear123 said:

Mate barton would be a massive improvement to our team if he gets playing well in his best position(cdm). If anything krancjar is a luxury- tries hard and has the odd moment of brilliance but I'm beginning to think he is hamstringing our midfield more than he's improving it with his lack of energy. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong when he's fully fit but atm its not working out.

Two assists in half a half yesterday turned a potential 0 points into 3 tells me it worked perfectly well yesterday.

Full 90's at the minute prob not  but how much of an impact do you want?

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

See what the major frustration is - we all accept that a midfield 3 of Barton, Rossiter and Halliday doesn't work as they cancel each other out - but we all said the same thing before Dundee and before today. So it's not being fickle or with the benefit of hindsight. If we can see it, why can't the manager?

I don't really care what he see's in training it's what fits right on the pitch surely.

Dundee we should've been out of sight at HT those 3 in the middle don't work if we need a bit of creativity to find a way through. The last 2 games we should've been long gone failure to take chances turned it into something I shouldn't of been