Barton

Teddybear123

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Couldn't care less what he did for Burnley last season, what he does for my club is all I care about.

The fact of the matter is he's done nothing yet and is not worthy of a starting place.

People are comparing Barton to Holt.  Barton was winning the English Championship last season while Holt was playing in the Scottish Championship.  Wroth remembering.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

People are comparing Barton to Holt.  Barton was winning the English Championship last season while Holt was playing in the Scottish Championship.  Wroth remembering.

Scottish championship is a competitive league, took us two seasons to get out of it :pipe:.

Barton and Holt are two completely different players, they are not comparable.

14 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Scottish championship is a competitive league, took us two seasons to get out of it :pipe:.

This is it really its like comparing Kranjcar and Barton both may occupy the same area of the field but neither have the same attributes.

Don't rate him. Don't actually like him either. For all his talk before the season about the retard not being in his league there's only one of them that actually playing as if he's a league above right now and it certainly isn't Barton, let's hope that changes or the 10th of September will be an absolutely unbearable day. 

43 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

massive myth on here about the ability of holt last year was his level I wouldn't be surprised if he's punted shortly. If he's in our team ahead of the midfielder's we have brought in then we are weaker for it.

I'd be very, very, very surprised if he was punted shortly. Very surprised. 

21 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They're totally different players but they're currently competing for the same position.  If Rossiter keeps holding down the CDM role then I imagine Barton will be played in front of him.  If Holt is good enough for Rangers he'll need to prove he's better than Barton, Windass, Forrester, Kranjcar, maybe even Crooks. 

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

They're totally different players but they're currently competing for the same position.  If Rossiter keeps holding down the CDM role then I imagine Barton will be played in front of him.  If Holt is good enough for Rangers he'll need to prove he's better than Barton, Windass, Forrester, Kranjcar, maybe even Crooks. 

Barton has a lot more to prove.

Talked the talk, can he walk the walk?

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Great problem to have. If he plays his way into the team by being better than all those mentioned I'll be a happy bear.

I liked Holt last season, and hope he's good enough to get some game time this season.

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Very much so. 

It will be interesting to see how Holt does when he comes back. I am not a great fan of Holt, I think he lacks a great deal of creativity for a midfielder, but we'll see how he does. However, II hope he comes back and makes an impact.

The CAMs have been underperforming and we really do need someone to step up and start nailing those spots down.  Forrester has been doing well.  Windass looked great in pre-season.  Apparently McParland rates Crooks very highly.  Then we have Barton and Kranjcar who are still trying to find their feet.  It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. 

I'm still delighted we signed Barton despite the below par performances. He's an experienced player who we should reasonably expect to settle quickly......but still, 3 league games in is very early days. I think I'm right in saying he was voted the Championship player of the year only last season.....he's still got it, no question.

Barton's passing is class at times, I don't see why he's getting so much stick. The team as a whole hasn't fully clicked yet, but I think Garner may make us a lot more at ease. 

Our big problem seems to be creating chances and not taking them, then letting in a pish goal early which leads to us having to break 10 men down to get an equaliser. 

If we punish teams early they will be all over the place and our team can get into their stride. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Don't rate him. Don't actually like him either. For all his talk before the season about the retard not being in his league there's only one of them that actually playing as if he's a league above right now and it certainly isn't Barton, let's hope that changes or the 10th of September will be an absolutely unbearable day. 

Who would want to watch the leggo man playing remember we were wrote off against them before

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

massive myth on here about the ability of holt last year was his level I wouldn't be surprised if he's punted shortly. If he's in our team ahead of the midfielder's we have brought in then we are weaker for it.

If he spends this whole season on the bench he will have RM legendary status by seasons end, anyone remember Ryan Sinnamon the new Cafu despite never kicking a ball in anger.

Holt was great first half of last season then fell away from January onwards.  Hope to see him back  competing for a place when fit but then I expect the whole squad to be competing for places.  

Back to Barton, someone mentioned him playing a different role last season, anyone care to expand on that as I don't watch too much English football.

In Barton we have a guy who will put his body on the line time and time again

i think the reason he was brought wasn't to be another midfielder who can play nice Wee triangles etc

hes in to do the stuff nobody likes to do

add a bit steel and drive and guide the younger players with his experience 

16 hours ago, MasterD said:

He was motioning for the fans to raise the noise.

Quite a few raised the noise but it was directed at him with a few unsavoury words.

He did this right in front of me mate and I didn't hear anyone mention unsavoury words at him and I don't even think many ppl got behind his motion there was to many ppl pissed off to be bothered with it but I honestly never heard 1 person direct anything shady at him. 

24 minutes ago, Fabric said:

He did this right in front of me mate and I didn't hear anyone mention unsavoury words at him and I don't even think many ppl got behind his motion there was to many ppl pissed off to be bothered with it but I honestly never heard 1 person direct anything shady at him. 

I sit in GF1 and there was plenty shouting at him!

Should be trying to gee up the players around him not the fans.

Astonishes me if anyone is giving Barton grief .The guy is just in the door 

Infact any of our midfielders should be cut some slack .Like most people said in the match thread ,It was MW's strange team selection if anything that deserves criticism 

Haliday has started just fine for me considering he's had to accommodate Barton who himself will find his feet soon enough .

Kenny as per is working his balls off .He is a slow starter but is there any bear out there that wouldn't want him on the field versus the beggars ? Think not 

McKay needs dropped and MOH to start 

For me it's all about our defence .Get that right and we have a great chance 

6 minutes ago, Del said:

I sit in GF1 and there was plenty shouting at him!

Should be trying to gee up the players around him not the fans.

I sit in gf2 and never heard it and he was directly in front of me when he was motioning to the support. Agree about geeing up the players but his captain is even quieter at it, imo Wallace should be organising and being more vocal in his role.