Barton

Teddybear123

26 minutes ago, Del said:

I sit in GF1 and there was plenty shouting at him!

Should be trying to gee up the players around him not the fans.

Think that's just the type of character Barton is, and it'll benefit us ultimately so no point getting upset at him doing that

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fabric said:

He did this right in front of me mate and I didn't hear anyone mention unsavoury words at him and I don't even think many ppl got behind his motion there was to many ppl pissed off to be bothered with it but I honestly never heard 1 person direct anything shady at him. 

I was next to it as well and heard a few shout at him that if he wants the fans to make noise then give us something to cheer about along with a prick and cunt thrown in.

Just now, MasterD said:

I was next to it as well and heard a few shout at him that if he wants the fans to make noise then give us something to cheer about along with a prick and cunt thrown in.

Like I said mate I honestly never heard it but like I said b4 no1 really responded to his come on actions. Maybe I'm deaf, I have big ears and still never heard it. 

9 hours ago, pcbear said:

Two assists in half a half yesterday turned a potential 0 points into 3 tells me it worked perfectly well yesterday.

Full 90's at the minute prob not  but how much of an impact do you want?

Like i said, moments of brilliance. Plenty of other times he picked out the wrong pass and lost the ball.

Bartons sloppy passing has been doing my nut in since he's joined us. If it was any other player he would have been subbed in every league game to date! I must admit I was buzzing when he signed as my memories was of a battling ball winner who was also consistent in recycling the ball to more attack minded player- turns out we did get that player, his name is Jordan Rossiter.

But in Bartons defence I though he was very solid in the second half yesterday, snuffing out 4/5 counters. I would personally play the two together as the give our CBs great protection leaving them with not a huge amount to do. Considering that's our biggest weakness I can see us continuing to play the two holding MFs, the key is the 3rd more advanced has to be a creative player like Krancjar, Windass, Holty or Forrester. Halliday doesn't have that spark to compensate for the slightly more defensive set up. 

Last season we didn't have a CDM.  We've now bought two quality CDMs and they're outperforming the other midfielders.  Rather than pick one we're now playing both the CDMs at the same time and have lost some of our attacking potential midfield to front.  You can't really blame Barton for what's going on.  We need to get the balance right again and the CAMs need to get fit and start performing.

On 21/08/2016 at 1:41 AM, Dickie said:

Barton has done fuck all since he arrived. He is a. Luxury we can't afford . Krankjier is a different class and when fully fit will be superb. Only my opinion but holt is a far better player than barton 

That's total nonsense mate. 

Best footballer at the club. 

Having Haliday beside him does absolutely nothing for him. I'm certain opinions will change once he has a Windass, Holt or even Forrester in beside himself and Rossiter. 

I am still on the fence with this one and really can't decide. He has moments of brilliance and is the sort of strong fearless player we were missing in the centre of the park. Other times he has WTF moments with downright lazy play, slack passing giving the ball away. 

Early days 

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

So far , Barton has not turned out to be the player some on here thought he would be. 

I am not sure what people thought they were getting. He was a tidy footballer at bottom half of EPL/top half of championship level. He is not a matchwinner. His reputation for forthright comments and willingness to slag of other professional player gave him a kudos other, better players didn't have.

He will give us stability in the middle of the park, but at the moment that stability is coming at the price of slowing our midfield down.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Based on?

He's been pretty poor so far.

I disagree. 

His positioning is second to none, gets stuck into a challenge. He has a calming influence in the midfield. Out of him and Rossiter he try to makes passes between the lines rather than consistently side to side. Haliday being unable to control it and turn doesn't help him. 

Maybe the wording of footballer was wrong of me, especially when we've got Kranjcar in the squad, maybe I should have said footballing brain.

Personally I think he's been nowhere as bad as some have said he's been, if we got a mobile creative midfielder in front of him he'll go up leaps and bounds in people's opinions. 

Had fuck all pre season because of golf!! The midfield is still to gel. It will come good. 

Barton will be a star for us this season, I have no doubts.

Holt or Windass in there will transform that midfield. I can see Niko becoming an impact player of the bench when they start to tire. Im not convinced he will ever have the fitness to play 90mins at his best. 

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I would like to see Windass back in that midfield thats for sure.

Holt or Windass starting with Niko replacing them about 60-70 mins and that midfield will win us games.

Halliday to play back up to Barton/Rossiter. 

in his def he was signed as dm, young jr has made an impact on the team and rightly so keeps his jersey, but this has pushed barton further forward, on Saturdays game joey covered a lot ground and never hid from looking for the ball, he was even down the wing to get onto it, its evident to me the guys hunger is still there.

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I am not sure what people thought they were getting. He was a tidy footballer at bottom half of EPL/top half of championship level. He is not a matchwinner. His reputation for forthright comments and willingness to slag of other professional player gave him a kudos other, better players didn't have.

He will give us stability in the middle of the park, but at the moment that stability is coming at the price of slowing our midfield down.

Stability which we don't need in the CAM position! If that stability was put to use in his best position, he'd be more than effective.