Barrie Mckay

DavieMacRFC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's struggling badly but then so is Wallace, up to the manager to get to the bottom of it and get it sorted. 

Agreed mate, Wallace and McKay both haven't hit the heights so far this season,  we can't drop Wallace but McKay needs dropped for a few weeks, I don't think the manager will do it though.

11 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Agreed mate, Wallace and McKay both haven't hit the heights so far this season,  we can't drop Wallace but McKay needs dropped for a few weeks, I don't think the manager will do it though.

I would drop him as well, but maybe Warburton has told him to grow a pair and fight through the dip, could make him a better player. 

Took him until just before he was subbed to beat his man today. Time and time again he got up the wing,stopped and played the ball back or to the side,allowing they cunts to get men back behind the ball. It's frustrating as fuck to watch,especially when it's clear he has the beating of anyone when he wants it.

Needs to smarten up or spend time on the bench.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Would love to see us line at some point with a front three of waghorn garner moh and McKayin at no10.

McKay for Prime Minister? You could be on to something there...

The boy isn't a winger.  Almost every time he get the ball in a wide area he passes it back to midfield.  He's not direct enough.  Who else do we play on that left wing tho?  Can we not buy the lad Marvin Johnson from Motherwell before the window shuts?

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The boy isn't a winger.  Almost every time he get the ball in a wide area he passes it back to midfield.  He's not direct enough.  Who else do we play on that left wing tho?  Can we not buy the lad Marvin Johnson from Motherwell before the window shuts?

Would rather no tbh.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Would rather no tbh.

I think that lad would do very well for us.  He's just as fast as MOH but seems to have more of an end product.  It would be good to have a natural left-winger as an alternative to Barrie.

He is a good player just not at the top of his form at the moment and wingers always have been inconsistent even the best . Some Saturday's Davie Cooper did not look bothered . He needs a break and at least this season we now have a squad where we can do this . He will be back to his best form hopefully fairly soon 

I said at the time when he got his 2 years contract that I wasn't sure and I thought MW only gave him that length of contract as he wasn't sure if he could make the step up and Imsure I got shot down in flames right away. I think the wee guy is decent but no more than that and btw I really want him to prove me wrong but dont think he will, maybe he is wasted on the wing. I just don't think he will get past the defenders in this league and he is definitely not strong enough on the ball. i really want him to be a main man in our team but imo the team can't wait for him to find form in this league, we are playing to poorly at the moment.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

TMB that MJ from Motherwell is pish and we need good players even today he was shite, never ever will be Rangers class imo 

31 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

I would drop Wallace if he's no doing it n btw he isn't doing it, he should be out the team as well he's been very poor and isn't undroppable he was rotten today. 

11 minutes ago, Fabric said:

TMB that MJ from Motherwell is pish and we need good players even today he was shite, never ever will be Rangers class imo 

He setup their goal today.  It doesn't need to be him exactly but I would like to see us sign a proper left-winger.  Barrie slows the play down constantly and half the time he'll just pass it back to midfield.

Needs to be a lot more subtle on the ball, and he needs to be consistent. Any young player will have a dip in form, McKay is no exception, but at Rangers a dip in form becomes more noticed with a lot more pressure attached to it.  He will find the same consistency again that he did last season, and come through this a better player.

Huge overreaction here. Last year's player of the year has a bad 55 minutes three undefeated games into a new season and panic buttons being pressed? Come on guys and gals.......

I would only give Barton pass marks amongst the outfield players in the first half today. The rest had a howler.

With so many new players coming in, I reckon it will be at least 10 or 12 games before we get to see our settled best team, and they get to know each other and play as a team. Just my opinion though :-)

I still believe he is technically the best player in Scotland and will come good this season. We are so used to him being at his best so often, it's a surprise he isn't at it the now. Going to the piggery we need him on top form because I think we would struggle with moh in that position or forrester for that matter. Hopefully picks his head up and gets back to his best.