Booing after half time whistle

Captain Hilts

Aye, it's a riddy and yeah it's probably unhelpful negativity. But it's always going to happen. People pay their money, and have a connection with the club deeper than most fans and clubs share. It's just will for us to succeed, and we've been fucking gash since the semi final. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't realise anyone was overtly boo'ing the team and I'm on the halfway line in the govan. Thought like others it was directed at the ref.  They did deserve it TBH, it was a terrible performance and collectively they were a disgrace in the first half. They didn't look like they were trying, unacceptable 

Surely Booing at half time is the perfect time to show your displeasure.... roar the support while the team are on the park 

... show your not impressed with their efforts as they walk off?

I was only watching on RTV but the crowd sounded like it got behind the team a lot and at key moments. The equaliser was scored during a particularly impressive rendition of the blue sea of Ibrox if I recall correctly.

Our fans are fucking brilliant and venting a bit of displeasure at half time when losing one nil and putting in an omnishambles of a performance in 45 minutes of football is fair game IMO

This place would be in constant meltdown in the 80's/90's cause if you think fans are hard on the team now back then they got fucking told if they were playing shite. To many greeting faced wee fannies that got taken to school by mummy everyday and for the record I don't boo but do understand when fans do.

Aye,let's just cheer them off after 45 minutes of turgid,embarrassing shite.

If people feel like letting the team know their performance isn't acceptable they are well within their right to do so. Who the fuck are you to say otherwise.

Clearly the booing worked.

I didn't boo but we were woeful first half,  a lot worse things can happen to a pro footballer than the crowd letting them know their performance was unacceptable with a bit of booing ffs. 

Don't like being negative but some folk can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to our current squad and manager, I love Tavernier but he's pish at defending, I love wee Barrie but he's lost his confidence and shites it every time he has the chance to,  and Warburton has tunnel vision. Yes iit's only the start of the season but there are unnecessary issues with our squad that should have been  addressed by now. And pretending everything is perfect won't help anyone. 

4 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

He criticised the team for it in his post game interview so what makes you think he finds it acceptable? Barton hardly put a foot wrong tbh he just found it hard to get involved since they had 2 players on him for the whole match.

He needs better players around him. 

I'm a bit pissed aff wie folk licking The teams arse. I'm entitled to boo them if I feel they are Pish.

we haven't played well since April 17th, and if we are all honest, if that had been another manager I.e Mccoist, we would be shouting for his head after the cup final.

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Personally if I seen all the fans pissed off and bored leaving with 15 minutes to go it would inspire me if I was a player to do better.

These are professional players. Something has to come from inside. It can't always be one-way traffic from the fans. It's OK saying the fans need to inspire the players but the players need to inspire the fans too.

It isn't all about a poor performance, fans also leave early when we are playing well and winning games.

I met up with a few after the game who leave early the vast majority of games for the simple reason that they itching to get back for a pint but for me it's their loss. 

I doubt it affects the players too much but a full stadium fully behind the team can only help them IMO.

14 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

I will never boo the team. but knew it was coming today after that shambles of a first half. 

Another one of these .I don't do it ,I don't think anyone that does can be criticised after yesterday's first half ..It's happened since I can remember .The players need to know the fans are not accepting it .

They also get cheered on every game second half 

Guest Lloyd72
5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He needs better players around him. 

imo he needs someone beside him that isn't Halliday because he brings the level of the team down in most games.

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

You trying to turn halliday into the whipping boy isnt going to make ppl think kiernan is good enough 

Don't give a fuck if people like Kiernan or not tbh mate but that seems to be what everyone says when I mention Halliday being shite, have yet to see anyone say what he's contributed so far this season.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Don't give a fuck if people like Kiernan or not tbh mate but that seems to be what everyone says when I mention Halliday being shite, have yet to see anyone say what he's contributed so far this season.

He was our best midfielder yesterday and looked our biggest goal threat and it should have been barton that came off , he nearly got 2 goals in the first 10 mins of the second half and looked like he was denied a stonewall pen 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

He was our best midfielder yesterday and looked our biggest goal threat and it should have been barton that came off , he nearly got 2 goals in the first 10 mins of the second half and looked like he was denied a stonewall pen 

I was sat right in front of the 2 goals he should have had, 6 yards out no keeper and he missed both you've made my point for me there. That's not even mentioning how much better barton looked when he went off strengthening my point that he brings the players around him down.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Smile said:

You seem to hate halliday.

I don't hate him he's a good Rangers man and I respect that but I fucking dislike him as a player on the park which is the only thing he should be judged on when he steps out onto the pitch.