Is the old firm game coming to early?

KingKirk

Same for both but personally I don't think we are anywhere close to knowing our best 11 times we look like complete strangers. For me another 3/4 games down the line would've been better for us. Hopefully the players will realise there day of reckoning is one more game away and pull the finger out.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Same for both but personally I don't think we are anywhere close to knowing our best 11 times we look like complete strangers. For me another 3/4 games down the line would've been better for us. Hopefully the players will realise there day of reckoning is one more game away and pull the finger out.

Was thinking the same earlier in that we might not be up to full speed by then but sometimes you need that motivation, we pulled a performance out the bag last year and never looked the same since so maybe it'll be the game to kick start the season and get us playing the high tempo stuff we did last season.

Yeah I think so but there's pro's and con's to it.

Sometimes it's good to get your biggest challenge at the start of the season while the players are fresh and hungry.

Our problem as it has been for the past 5 seasons now is that we seem to rebuild every single season due to bad buys, relegation, cut budgets, more bad buys, paying off the bad buys and starting again, a team to get us out the Championship and again a team upgrade for this season over last seasons one.

The fenians were raging at the fixtures list as it looked like (and should have been) an easy 12 points for us going into the game and they had possibly their trickiest game first outwith games against us.

Thing what annoys me is Celtic can go and spent 4.5 million on a bit of quality like Sinclair that turns a shite performance, draw and 2 points dropped into a solid 3 points and off to a flier. We've not got that 1 player like that in our team, sadly (based on what I've seen so far, hopefully get proved wrong)

It's still a few weeks away yet so hopefully we can get some of our injured players back and bring in a talented CB.  It'll be a very hostile atmosphere at Parkhead and I just hope our players are ready when the day comes.  It's a big test for us and it'll give us a good indicator of where we're at right now.

Think it maybe has come a bit to early for us. Still dont know who our best starting 11 is yet.

Still got a few guys to come back. I keep forgetting about Windass and what a talent he is.

The taigs look more settled but i kinda like the way we have been underestimated as we might just hit our best at the right time and shut all those fuckers up.

NO SURRENDER

We have not a settled starting 11 - plus  our worries concern the defence

As a defending team the only one i trust is Big Wes as goalie -Wallace and Tav are better in going forward than actually defending

With the players coming in still to make an impact and windass coming back he will be a major player

The next old firm game at home later in the year will show the real barometer of where we really are.

No I don't think it has.

It's always the same we think were going in on poor form to get a pasting then we come away having won the game etc. 

It could kick start our season or the players down tools cause they bet cellic like they did last year. 

Consistency is the key, not just beating cellic

Honestly? I'd prefer another 5 or 6 games if possible. 

We still don't look up to speed, they're on form just now and we'd be able to get Windass sorted, a centre half in maybe and Garner bedded in.

Not to mention Crooks, who may or may not make a difference.

We are going to need a couple of huge performances to get a result there. They're flying right now and the UCL has given them a feel good factor.

I'm still very confident we will create chances to score, but if we play like we did in the second half against Dundee or first half today, we'll be 3 or 4 down before we can even get going. 

The tims are a lot sharper than us at this moment in time due to having played competitive European games early on as opposed to games versus Annan, East Stirlingshire etc.

Ideally I'd like a few more games before playing them away but it is what it is. The linfield game could be a good move by the club as its an extra game to bed in the new boys. 

Hopefully we see a performance resembling a Warburton team from early on last season away at Kilmarnock on Friday. We've got a couple of wins now, 7 points from 9 so confidence must be building in the new boys.

When we played them in the semi last year without Waghorn, Forrester and the cup tied MOH and King I had my concerns and thought we would be better with them available than not. However we proved then that it's what happens on the day is all that matters, and old firm games as always take care of themselves. 

The majority of the starting line up will be players from last season and before, so they will know what to expect. The new players will also now know what is required and expected and come that game, after a few more games I think we'll be ready. Our shape, philosophy, and the way we approach the game won't change. We just need to ensure we execute it, move it more quickly, be a little more direct, show bravery and above all else. Win! I think we can.

We've underperformed somewhat thus far but we're still top. I believe we'll only get better and today's result was massive in that respect IMO.

I just think it a little early because sitting here try to work out the best midfield 3 I'd go rossiter windass holt I would've preferred another few games to try and sort out our best team but the reality is we have one final competitive 90mins before that game

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah I think so but there's pro's and con's to it.

Sometimes it's good to get your biggest challenge at the start of the season while the players are fresh and hungry.

Our problem as it has been for the past 5 seasons now is that we seem to rebuild every single season due to bad buys, relegation, cut budgets, more bad buys, paying off the bad buys and starting again, a team to get us out the Championship and again a team upgrade for this season over last seasons one.

The fenians were raging at the fixtures list as it looked like (and should have been) an easy 12 points for us going into the game and they had possibly their trickiest game first outwith games against us.

Thing what annoys me is Celtic can go and spent 4.5 million on a bit of quality like Sinclair that turns a shite performance, draw and 2 points dropped into a solid 3 points and off to a flier. We've not got that 1 player like that in our team, sadly (based on what I've seen so far, hopefully get proved wrong)

that's what 4.5million buys you mate. Hopefully kranjcar can be our game changer him or windass when fit. Cause we ain't spending that sort of money anytime soon

31 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yes, which is why it's a must that senderos, garner, windass, Holt etc get game time at killie and linfield.

Warburton must be thinking about it already and looking at how to set up. 

Who would you all play with senderos, assuming he is the new centre half?

Wilson.

The best thing for us to do is go into that game top, make them worried about losing

Look what happened at the semi, they shat it because the year before they strolled through the game, 12 months and they could barely touch the ball