***Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

This game is hugely important on two fronts:

1) We play Friday night, chance to put pressure on Celtic ahead of them playing Aberdeen and a win ensures we go to porkheid on top.

2) Ahead of the tim game we need to bed in the new centre half and also get players fit. Senderos has to start for game time here and against linfield, same with Garner to get them into the team. .

Hopefully this game and linfield is an opportunity to get minutes under the belts of waggy, windass, holt, crooks if fit.

I'd start against killie:

Wes

Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace

Kranjcar Rossiter Forrester

MOH Garner Mckay

And against linfield:

Gilks

Hodson Senderos Kiernan Halliday

Crooks Barton Holt

Waggy Miller Windass

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Last season we played high up the pitch with high intensity. We haven't played like this in months. Wtf has happened. When we play like this we are unbeatable. 

Perhaps if Forester dropped back that might give us that higher intensity. We seemed to have it after he dropped back slightly in the second half, and in the second half against Hamilton we played that way after he came on and played that position.

I'm not saying we abandon 4-3-3 long term, but short term I really wonder if it would be worth playing 4-4-2 with Garner and Miller up top. The system just isn't working at the moment, I don't think we've got the right players for it at a higher level.

**NOT WHAT I THINK THE TEAM WILL BE**

If I was picking the team I'd pick this with the current squad we have. 

McKay wouldn't be right next to Garner, he'd be playing in behind him, picking up space, using his vision and pace. Not to mention he's got a smashing right peg..

And I like the idea of Kranjcar in a more advanced position to give us that extra bit of creativity in the final third.

57b9ecf069699.jpg

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If you are MW does this shitty plastic pitch influence your choice of a starting X1?

Thinking about it, with the game against them a couple weeks away and the fact Waggy got injured on this pitch last time I think he may rest key players just in case. 

Wes

tav  sendeross  hill  Wallace (try hodson?)

Barton

Rossiter     Windass 

forrester     Garner     Ohalloran 

my CBs like that because I'm sick of the 2 we have just now and I have no confidence in them. I think the 3 in the middle would be the best in the league. My front 3 are like that as I think JG will always be right through the middle and I think HF and MOH will interchange no probs and the pace coming forward with they 2 and also windass coming so direct would be frightening. I feel Wallace mackay and Miller need left out just now. 

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The amount of people dropping Barton and Wallace to a lesser degree is mind boggling and it won't happen.

This is the supporters teams and how they think we should line up  mate that's why they are all different and it doesn't really matter if we are dropping players. I honestly think Wallace should be dropped 

Wes 

Tav Kiernan* Wilson Wallace

Forrester Barton Kranjcar

O'Halloran Garner McKay

* Unless we add a new cb before Wednesday. 

Take your pick between Barton and Rossiter. Would normally go Windass over Niko, but cant rush him back. Get Halliday out of there please. Still not sold on Kranjcar starting, but Killie are proper fucking shite. 

Guest Lloyd72

Wallace deserves to be dropped, he needs to be shown that he isn't guarenteed a starting spot just because he is the captain and that when he underperforms like he has so far this season he will be dropped.

13 minutes ago, Fabric said:

This is the supporters teams and how they think we should line up  mate that's why they are all different and it doesn't really matter if we are dropping players. I honestly think Wallace should be dropped 

Thank fuk supporters don't pick the team.  We have players whom 90% of fans have never seen walking straight into the team while others have players in the team who haven't even signed for the club.  Every three points is vital this season, not the time to be experimental.   Would start a front 3 of MOH, Dodoo and McKay try to beat them with pace on the plastic surface.