***Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

24 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Thank fuk supporters don't pick the team.  We have players whom 90% of fans have never seen walking straight into the team while others have players in the team who haven't even signed for the club.  Every three points is vital this season, not the time to be experimental.   Would start a front 3 of MOH, Dodoo and McKay try to beat them with pace on the plastic surface.

That's because the players walking into the team are better than what are on the park at the moment. Your front 3 are there experimental mate. 

17 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wes

Tav  Kiernan        Wilson   Hodson

Rossiter

Barton           Forrester

MOH                                        McKay

Garner

Garner goal and a clean sheet please, that's all I want. Not too much to ask imo

What's a clean sheet.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

What's a clean sheet.

Something to do with not being scored on I think, it's been so long since we had one in the league I'm starting to forget.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Yea, just because he has underperformed so far this season imo.

I agree, although there were parts of the match yesterday where he was looking like his old self. I don't think we was helped ny the performance of our front three at times.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree, although there were parts of the match yesterday where he was looking like his old self. I don't think we was helped ny the performance of our front three at times.

I think a lot is to do with Barrie Mckay's loss of form, they used to link up so well but there doesn't seem to be the same link this season. I do think it will come back though, as both are immensely important and very talented players. 

24 minutes ago, Fabric said:

That's because the players walking into the team are better than what are on the park at the moment. Your front 3 are there experimental mate. 

If people have never seen them, how do they know or just a random guess.

All three have played  before and know the system so hardly experimental.

Guest Lloyd72

If you've just spent 1.5 million on a striker why would you not start him in your only competitive game before one of the biggest games of the season.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think a lot is to do with Barrie Mckay's loss of form, they used to link up so well but there doesn't seem to be the same link this season. I do think it will come back though, as both are immensely important and very talented players. 

It seemed as if after a while in the first half Barrie dropped back a little, with Wallace making the runs into the box. I noticed in the second half Barton began to give Barrie the ball a little earlier, that way making a run on the final defender a bit easier. He still has this tendency to cut inside and hold up the whole momentum of the attack; it would be okay if he did that with a incisive ball, but he just passes it to the nearest team mate and the whole thing breaks down. Perhaps the step in quality is something he will need to raise his own level to.

It's scary to see the amount of people who have MOH in their starting line ups, he was woeful as was his decision making on Saturday. 

Wes

Tav          Kiernan           Wilson       Wallace

Rossiter

Barton               Krancjar

Dodoo                                       Forrester/McKay

Garner

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

It seemed as if after a while in the first half Barrie dropped back a little, with Wallace making the runs into the box. I noticed in the second half Barton began to give Barrie the ball a little quicker, that way making a run on the final defender a bit easier. He still has this tendency to cut inside and hold up the whole momentum of the attack; it would be okay if he did that with a incisive ball, but he just passes it to the nearest team mate and the whole thing breaks down. Perhaps the step in quality is something he will need to raise his own level to.

I agree he needs to try and play the pass that can cut through teams as we know he is capable, I feel Barrie is lacking confidence and isn't trying to take the man on enough. if he can sort that out and maybe get himself a goal it could be the kickstart to his season that he needs.

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Especially for Hodson, a right back who IMO struggled on the left side.  He looked very comfortable st RB.

What other LB do we have?

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I agree he needs to try and play the pass that can cut through teams as we know he is capable, I feel Barrie is lacking confidence and isn't trying to take the man on enough. if he can sort that out and maybe get himself a goal it could be the kickstart to his season that he needs.

Against Hamilton he was one on one with one of their players and it looked as if he tried to lose him, and had it been a Championship team he would probably have lost his marker, but this player stayed with him. Perhaps he needs to work on his pace.

14 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If people have never seen them, how do they know or just a random guess.

All three have played  before and know the system so hardly experimental.

When have they 3 played b4 in that system against top league opposition? We have spent a record amount under MW on a striker and we play Celtic the game after next why wouldn't we play him? That front 3 doesn't fill me with confidence and certainly wouldn't fill any teams with fear. I wish u were right tbh as Miller would keep starting and I cany take much more of that 

WES

TAV            WILSON                KIERNAN       WALLACE

BARTON (rossiter done nothing wrong but Barton is our best player when in this position)

KRANCJAR           WINDASS

DODOO            GARNER               MCKAY

9 hours ago, ScotBear said:

I'm not saying we abandon 4-3-3 long term, but short term I really wonder if it would be worth playing 4-4-2 with Garner and Miller up top. The system just isn't working at the moment, I don't think we've got the right players for it at a higher level.

We have just they're fookin injured.

Wallace should play against Killie and Celtic etc, but in any upcoming cup games or the Linfield game he should be dropped. He's been pretty poor this season (was decent against Dundee) and just because he's the captain it doesn't give him the God given right to be playing week in week out regardless of form.