***Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

Are 3G pitches that bad?  Surely if they were, Kilmarnock and any other teams that have them would have half their squad out injured.

Pretty sure Stevie Smith went off in the same game that Waghorn got injured last season, both injuries caused by impact with the surface.

Their manager refused to let his own team train on it too.

8 minutes ago, blueretro said:

Are 3G pitches that bad?  Surely if they were, Kilmarnock and any other teams that have them would have half their squad out injured.

They're not ideal, due to how hard they actually are. They don't have much cushion to them, might not be as bad as last season mind you when we played on a few. So the occasional one in a blue moon won't be bad. 

But they do have their negatives. 

On 21 August 2016 at 2:22 AM, RFCRobertson said:

Rugby Park being the only 3G surface in the SPFL, 

I could be a pedantic bastard and say no it isn't, there are loads of them. But I know you were referring to the Premiership only.

So my actual question is... Have Accies gone back to grass again for this season? As I am pretty sure they still had their artificial surface last season.

6 hours ago, TheCutch said:

I could be a pedantic bastard and say no it isn't, there are loads of them. But I know you were referring to the Premiership only.

So my actual question is... Have Accies gone back to grass again for this season? As I am pretty sure they still had their artificial surface last season.

New Douglas Park is also 3G

9 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Halliday instead of Rossiter? I agree with Forrester and the attack.

Barton needs competitive games due to lack of preseason. It should be either/ or with Rossiter/Barton unless we change shape to a 4231. 

Halliday for me in a more advanced role is better. 

8 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Yeah I meant the Premier league, I know we had our fill of them over the past few seasons. 

Yeah it's stuff called Tigerturf they've got, just did a quick google search there. Also their stadiums called the "superseal" now 

16 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Rossiter and Barton are too similar. If anything I'd start Rossiter ahead of Barton just now. He's barely put a foot wrong in every game he's played so far. Barton on the other hand is hardly setting the heather alight.

Foderingham; Tav, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace; Kranjcar, Rossiter, Forrester; MOH, Dodoo, McKay

Pretty much agree with everything you said and selection except i would start garner and hopefully windass is fit for the bench 

I think Miller will get a game; I don't necessarily think he should start, but in away match I can't see him being dropped. It could be well be a front three of McKay, Miller, O'Halloran. I don't think Halliday should start but I think he will as well. I'd rather a mid three of Rossiter, Barton, and Forrester. Forrester is becoming the best AM we have in terms of setting the pace of the midfield and using our forward line well.

9 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Waghorn???

Gaffer said he's a slight possibility for this game, bigger possibility for the linfield game

certainty for the old firm. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Because of the nature of his injury I don't think he will be risked on that surface for a comeback match.

I'd be surprised if Windass plays if that's the case, given that it was his hamstring too.

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Gaffer said he's a slight possibility for this game, bigger possibility for the linfield game

certainty for the old firm. 

I'd be surprised if Windass plays if that's the case, given that it was his hamstring too.

I think we will see O'Halloran start; he could play well on that surface, with Barrie on the other side. Forrester for Halliday would be a great option as well; although I wouldn't be surprised if Forrester was a sub and Kranjcar started.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I think we will see O'Halloran start; he could play well on that surface, with Barrie on the other side. Forrester for Halliday would be a great option as well; although I wouldn't be surprised if Forrester was a sub and Kranjcar started.

O'halloran deserves a start imo. He'd do a good job at tiring out the opposition and it'd likely give him a boost. 

Barrie a pretty much guaranteed starter. Forrester I'd be hesitant to play in all honesty, he looks prone to injury and the artificial pitch could exacerbate that. Sub off Halliday for Kranjcar to offer some late game creativity especially if Killie are committing 10 men behind the ball.