Wallace & McKay

Snakeater

Is it just me or since the start of the league campaign have both Wallace and McKay been really poor?

Barry was flying pre season and in the league cup? It seems to be if one is off his game it really affects the other and we have had not much joy on the left hand side of the park since the season began. Tav has been significantly better than Wallace so far this season.

We have signed players that the manager says are good enough to play every week. Is it worth considering dropping Wallace and McKay for Killie match with Hodson and O'Halloran/Dodoo just to keep players on their toes and freshen things up?

6 minutes ago, Snakeater said:

Is it just me or since the start of the league campaign have both Wallace and McKay been really poor?

Barry was flying pre season and in the league cup? It seems to be if one is off his game it really affects the other and we have had not much joy on the left hand side of the park since the season began. Tav has been significantly better than Wallace so far this season.

We have signed players that the manager says are good enough to play every week. Is it worth considering dropping Wallace and McKay for Killie match with Hodson and O'Halloran/Dodoo just to keep players on their toes and freshen things up?

there link up play leading up to Kenny millers goal at Dundee was excellent m8

9 minutes ago, Snakeater said:

Mckay is struggling because we are getting the ball to him too slowly and there are defenders teaming up on him, so he just goes back inside. We need to up the tempo of the game and the passing - that will not give the opposition time to get into position and give McKay a bit more space. he has been really disappointing for me this season so far (what there has been of it) - but thats not entirely his fault.  Ultimately he has to prove he is good enough at this level and so far he hasn't.

I felt Wallace and Wilson were kept busy by Scott macdonald so wallace couldnt get up the park the way he wanted. To be honest and much as I dont like saying it, i thought Scott Macdonald was superb on Saturday at keeping at least 3 of our back 4 busy and still managed to score - and nearly got 2.

For me McKay has been a bit quiet but has still provided a few moments of brilliance (the pass against Dundee springs to mind). Personally wouldn't drop him as I think he's still been ok so far this season. Also worth noting he didn't have much of  a break as he was away with Scotland over the summer.

As for dropping Wallace, definitely not.

I would drop both as they have been poor  and we can't have passengers in this league, we are in a fight every game without a doubt. Tinks put 5/7 (can't mind) past that team without as much as a whimper then they come to us a couple of weeks later and they were set up properly trying like fuck so we don't need out of form players we need players with fire in their belly who are ready to fight for the cause. We need our best 11 starting every week and we can't keep going 1 down as that's asking for trouble 

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Mckay is struggling because we are getting the ball to him too slowly and there are defenders teaming up on him, so he just goes back inside. We need to up the tempo of the game and the passing - that will not give the opposition time to get into position and give McKay a bit more space. he has been really disappointing for me this season so far (what there has been of it) - but thats not entirely his fault.  Ultimately he has to prove he is good enough at this level and so far he hasn't.

I felt Wallace and Wilson were kept busy by Scott macdonald so wallace couldnt get up the park the way he wanted. To be honest and much as I dont like saying it, i thought Scott Macdonald was superb on Saturday at keeping at least 3 of our back 4 busy and still managed to score - and nearly got 2.

For a guy that's 5ft2 the amount of free headers he got against us was unreal

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I would drop both as they have been poor  and we can't have passengers in this league, we are in a fight every game without a doubt. Tinks put 5/7 (can't mind) past that team without as much as a whimper then they come to us a couple of weeks later and they were set up properly trying like fuck so we don't need out of form players we need players with fire in their belly who are ready to fight for the cause. We need our best 11 starting every week and we can't keep going 1 down as that's asking for trouble 

Are you saying Lee Wallace is/has been a passenger?

2 minutes ago, Wolverhampton Town said:

For a guy that's 5ft2 the amount of free headers he got against us was unreal

He's 5ft 7 but your point is valid, noway should that wee fat bastard be bullying our defence like the way he did.

Wallace ,for me, has been terrible so far this season. He seems to be getting himself in a fankle defensively and not offering much going forward either. I would stick by him though and his form should return.

McKay has been good in patches, he didn't seem to have the confidence on Saturday to take on his man. Then when he did start doing it in the second half he was subbed.

What do people want with Barry , consistently our best player attacking wise , the problem being that we give him the ball and now expect him to beat about four players every time , with defender's doubling up on him surely that should create space for rest if the team , the one player that if not playing we struggle badly in my opinion , gee the boy a break

Personal opinion here but I think Holt really helps those two as his movement creates gaps. Granted he faded a bit towards the end of last year but we lack that kind of movement in our team. Looks like windass may be able to add some

32 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Summed up really well.

McKay has been our best player this season so far. I really don't get all these threads/comments.

He's had 2 games max where he's not done anything special, not even been bad. Give him a break, he'll be back to his best on Friday.

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

McKay has been our best player this season so far. I really don't get all these threads/comments.

He's had 2 games max where he's not done anything special, not even been bad. Give him a break, he'll be back to his best on Friday.

Please God

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Don't think he has been our best player by a long way.

I'm not having a go at him, it's a dip in form.

Wallace and McKay have not been as good as last season.......... Yet.

Just now, Dazzler said:

Don't think he has been our best player by a long way.

I'm not having a go at him, it's a dip in form.

Wallace and McKay have not been as good as last season.......... Yet.

Go look at that MOTM thread that compiles all the forum's picks for each match. He won the first 3/4 match in a row

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

nobody has stuck out at all for me yet. Certainly not Mckay.

we have a few players still to peak this season and I've read the negative comments on here concerning Wallace McKay Niko Barton Wilson  and Kiernan to name but a few, but the main thing is we are still unbeaten and sit top of the league, I think a convincing win away to killie on fri would give the team a much needed boost of confidence going into the OF game and a victory there might just kick start us and set us in good steed for the season

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Surely got to be joking. He's been totally uninterested the pass couple of weeks. One good pass to Wallace doesn't make him exempt from criticism. 

He looks like he can't be fucked anymore. Shying out of tackles and head down as soon as he doesn't beat his man first time.