Scotland squad announced

RFCRobertson

Scotland squad has been announced for the world cup qualifier against Malta. 

and congratulations to the following Rangers FC players for making the cut:

• Barrie McKay
  • Lee Wallace

you can see the list on the here, if you're interested 

UPDATE: Lee Wallace has been drafted into the squad, in addition to this two Celtic players have been dropped. (Tierney and Griffiths)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Scotland squad has been announced for the world cup qualifier against Malta. 

and congratulations to the following Rangers FC players for making the cut:

• Barrie McKay

That's it. :lol: 

you can see the list on the here, if you're interested 

5 pages of fuck Scotland coming up  i think 

4 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

What other players do you think should have been included in the squad?

Wallace for sure since him being in the lower leagues was the only thing stopping his entry? Yet Mcginn is there? :lol: 

Holt if he wasn't injured would do them favours, O'hallorans pace would be good to have. 

7 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

5 pages of fuck Scotland coming up  i think 

post-57052-Black-Dynamite-I-can-dig-it-g

I have no interest in Scotland games just because I am not really a fan of international football apart from the tournaments themselves I watch. Scotland boys I drink with are sick fed up of Strachan and his selections picking his pals constantly nothing fresh in the team same turgid shite they endure. Even the septic fans were screaming for Mckay to be given a chance in the friendlies but 3 mins was his lot. I am glad that not many of our players are being picked gives them a decent rest before the scum game

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wallace for sure since him being in the lower leagues was the only thing stopping his entry? Yet Mcginn is there? :lol: 

Holt if he wasn't injured would do them favours, O'hallorans pace would be good to have. 

post-57052-Black-Dynamite-I-can-dig-it-g

Wallace isn't good enough to be first pick though, imo Andrew Robertson is a better player. 

Yes, I hope to see Holt involved when he recovers from injury if he can force his way into our team.

I don't think O'Halloran is at that level yet, playing 20/30 minutes a game shouldn't merit an international call up. It's not as if he's shown in these appearances however I still think there's a player there.

2 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Wallace isn't good enough to be first pick though, imo Andrew Robertson is a better player. 

Yes, I hope to see Holt involved when he recovers from injury if he can force his way into our team.

I don't think O'Halloran is at that level yet, playing 20/30 minutes a game shouldn't merit an international call up. It's not as if he's shown in these appearances however I still think there's a player there.

You implying that Wallace isn't on the level of Scott Brown? :lol: He's not upto full boil right now, but Wallace has proved to be very capable at high levels in the past and has been called up to the scotland squad 8 times. 

O'halloran would be good in the scotland squad tbh, he just needs to do his runs and cross the ball. and due to the way the Scotland squad operates, it'd fit in fine with them. but i agree he needs more game time first to get refined. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

You implying that Wallace isn't on the level of Scott Brown? :lol: He's not upto full boil right now, but Wallace has proved to be very capable at high levels in the past and has been called up to the scotland squad 8 times. 

O'halloran would be good in the scotland squad tbh, he just needs to do his runs and cross the ball. and due to the way the Scotland squad operates, it'd fit in fine with them. but i agree he needs more game time first to get refined. 

Lee Wallace plays left back, Scott brown was a central midfield player? I don't get your point? 

Lee Wallace isn't at the level of Andrew Robertson, that was my argument and I stand by that. Robertson is also 7 years younger than Wallace.

Again there is a better current option than O'Halloran in the Scotland squad in Oliver Burke who plays for Nottingham Forest. He has been playing regularly and scoring whereas O'Halloran hasn't. If O'Halloran can make that right sided forward position his own with us then I've no doubt he'll get a call up in this campaign.

3 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Lee Wallace plays left back, Scott brown was a central midfield player? I don't get your point? 

Lee Wallace isn't at the level of Andrew Robertson, that was my argument and I stand by that. Robertson is also 7 years younger than Wallace.

Again there is a better current option than O'Halloran in the Scotland squad in Oliver Burke who plays for Nottingham Forest. He has been playing regularly and scoring whereas O'Halloran hasn't. If O'Halloran can make that right sided forward position his own with us then I've no doubt he'll get a call up in this campaign.

Was saying that Lee Wallace is a better quality than Scott Brown and thus the actual entry (skill wise) isn't high. :lol: