Scotland squad announced

RFCRobertson

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange how last season the reason for not picking Wallace was that he was not playing in the top flight, but there's McGinn right in there, playing in the same league.

One which we won and hivs didn't???

Go figure Strach.

7 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Scotland squad has been announced for the world cup qualifier against Malta. 

and congratulations to the following Rangers FC players for making the cut:

• Barrie McKay

That's it. :lol: 

you can see the list on the here, if you're interested 

Its no really bears den, but i think wallace should be in with a shout.

Also, McCormack and Rhodes are both 100 times better than Fletcher.

We'll get nowhere with Strachan.

I'd caveat the following by saying that this season so far i'm not sure if Wallace deserves a call up....

However, Strachan stated he wasn't picked last season because we were in the Championship, then deicides to pick Hivs players even though they are there. 

Personally I have nothing against the Scotland team, its the fans and SFA that rile me which is why I find it hard to get really passionate about them. It is good for players to be involved internationally, it increases their experience and value, even if the organisation seems to hate everything we stand for. 

9 hours ago, Albertz87 said:

Wallace, maybe.

Wallace isn't on form. Saying that, I'd prefer our players didn't turn up for a team that never qualifies just to play ten minutes/get injured. 

Prefer them to win silverware for us than pick up meaningless caps. Might sound unpatriotic, but I'm Rangers first, British second and Scottish third. 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Anybody else really shocked there's no Mulgrew? Even-though he's not got a club, expected the ginger clown to pick him. Probably would have if it was England or Slovakia rather than Malta.

Was thinking just the same.

Honestly thought mulgrew had videos of derek riordan pumping strachans daughter or something.

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

Well done Barry, just feel sorry for the lad it's Strachan at the helm. Totally failed at the Euros qualification so why the hell did he get another chance? People will say 'who else can we get' but surely there is a better alternative somewhere? As others have said he is far too stubborn and will only set us back even further.

Strachan shouldn't have stayed after the last qualifying campaign but because the SFA don't know what they are doing and the height of their managerial knowledge will be a list of all the Scottish managers they probably didn't think there was anybody who would be an 'improvement'.

Personally I think they should have gone after Lagerback and I said that before Icelands showings at the Euros too.

Yet again, that fucking useless cunt Fletcher will lead the line no doubt, whilst he overlooks two killers in McCormack and Rhodes.

Nae wonder noone gives a fuck about the national team. Seen them advertising desperately for people to join the supporters club on FB, the passion that was reignited a while ago by Walter and McLeish is long gone.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Strachan shouldn't have stayed after the last qualifying campaign but because the SFA don't know what they are doing and the height of their managerial knowledge will be a list of all the Scottish managers they probably didn't think there was anybody who would be an 'improvement'.

Personally I think they should have gone after Lagerback and I said that before Icelands showings at the Euros too.

Agree with all that mate. 

Strachans record isn't much better than craig lefuckingveins.

Cunts think because he is cheeky and gives smart arse answers in interviews on tv he is brilliant.

I personally think he is a wee snidey bastard who wants to get all deep and meaningful about his country when we win but spits the dummy when we lose.

2 hours ago, gkb10127 said:

McCormack and/or Rhodes should be in the squad. Off topic but I never really understood the reason we let McCormack go the way he did. I mean he was obviously talented. Charlie Adam is another one that comes to mind

I never understand why we kept McCormack so long.

Wee prick used to turn up to Rangers training with a taig top underneath.

17 minutes ago, burnbank bear said:

Away and brush yer kilt ya knob !! Nobody gives a fuck about Scotland or the wanker fans who follow them or you who talks about fuckin Ross McCormack and fuckin Charlie Adam 

Well Barry McKay does, and so does Lee Wallace - and so do the many Scottish international players we've had from Greig, to McCoist, and many other greats. 

Add to that, Rangers had the highest % portion of fans at Scotland games in a few recent surveys. So Scottish Bears who follow their country are wankers?

And clearly people want to talk about the squad, and the omission or inclusion of players. Look at the thread. 

But, aye, nobody gives a fuck. 

13 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Strachans record isn't much better than craig lefuckingveins.

Cunts think because he is cheeky and gives smart arse answers in interviews on tv he is brilliant.

I personally think he is a wee snidey bastard who wants to get all deep and meaningful about his country when we win but spits the dummy when we lose.

Agreed. Strachan is an absolutely senile old fuck.

His squad selections are horrendous - dunno what he's thinking at times. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. Strachan is an absolutely senile old fuck.

His squad selections are horrendous - dunno what he's thinking at times. 

When explaining why he called up tony watt and left out Jordan Rhodes he basically said "we can punt the baw up to tony and he can hold it up for a minute til the rest of the hammer throwers run up the pitch"

Horrible dinosaur of a manager.

I could maybe be happy with that if it got us to tournaments but under him it won't happen imo.

15 hours ago, Dutchy said:

It's strange how last season the reason for not picking Wallace was that he was not playing in the top flight, but there's McGinn right in there, playing in the same league.

One which we won and hivs didn't???

Go figure Strach.

its not even a Wallace v Mcginn type scenario - Halliday was better than McGinn last season - in fact so was Holt - in similair positions. McGinn is so far down the list of people I would have in there that i can only think its a political appointment

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

its not even a Wallace v Mcginn type scenario - Halliday was better than McGinn last season - in fact so was Holt - in similair positions. McGinn is so far down the list of people I would have in there that i can only think its a political appointment

There's absolutely no doubt about it.

I don't really care much about Scotland these days and I won't until there is a change from the manager to the top, but to call other Rangers fans 'wankers' for following the country they were born and live in is a bit fucking much. Let people do what they want ffs