Record Exam Results

LeeWallaceRFC

7 hours ago, BF2 said:

16 years of age, getting an A in your exam results and playing for Rangers.

When I was 16, I spent most days sitting in my boxers, playing FIFA and eating pizza and crisps.

Aye that's all you done in your boxers :-D 

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't really give a shit to be honest it's results on the park that matters to the club. We're a football club not an open university.

I know what you mean, but I believe that being encouraged to work hard from an early age will stand these boys in good stead on the park/training as well. Talent is only a small part of making it. You get a work ethic drilled in to you as well as learning a few things.. this can only be a good thing.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't really give a shit to be honest it's results on the park that matters to the club. We're a football club not an open university.

The Open University. Singular not plural.:pipe:

Sir David Weir earned a degree before coming to us and he was a pretty fantastic player.

Great that our Club backs the youngsters the way they do imo.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The Open University. Singular not plural.:pipe:

Sir David Weir earned a degree before coming to us and he was a pretty fantastic player.

Great that our Club backs the youngsters the way they do imo.

I just want the youngsters to be good players for a wee change and break the trend, not good at exams.

I'm really not interested in hearing about it or thinking it's anything to shout about. I can see why some people like this tho.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I just want the youngsters to be good players for a wee change and break the trend, not good at exams.

I'm really not interested in hearing about it or thinking it's anything to shout about. I can see why some people like this tho.

The way I see it is that a wee bit of education can make them more confident and rounded individuals and more capable of handling the pressures of playing for such a huge club.

Prefer a player who can shoot with both feet than a wee swott any day though.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The way I see it is that a wee bit of education can make them more confident and rounded individuals and more capable of handling the pressures of playing for such a huge club.

Prefer a player who can shoot with both feet than a wee swott any day though.

If you need a wee bit of education to become a confident and rounded wee guy there's no way you can cope with the pressure of playing for us IMO.

Awk it's a daft debate. Education is never a bad thing, I'm just being a fucking moan I suppose but I'm sick of hearing about stuff coming out from Rangers that doesn't really matter a jot when it comes to football as if it's cracking news and we're all daft.

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you need a wee bit of education to become a confident and rounded wee guy there's no way you can cope with the pressure of playing for us IMO.

Awk it's a daft debate. Education is never a bad thing, I'm just being a fucking moan I suppose but I'm sick of hearing about stuff coming out from Rangers that doesn't really matter a jot when it comes to football as if it's cracking news and we're all daft.

It's all relative. If Messi had got A's in math and accounting he wouldn't have got done for tax evasion.

Also if your son was playing for Rangers I'm sure you'd want the Club to make sure he had some qualifications to fall back on if things didn't work out. A serious injury and a young lad can go from potential Rangers Legend to sweeping the streets for the council.

Parents want reassured before their offspring sign for clubs.

10 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It's all relative. If Messi had got A's in math and accounting he wouldn't have got done for tax evasion.

Also if your son was playing for Rangers I'm sure you'd want the Club to make sure he had some qualifications to fall back on if things didn't work out. A serious injury and a young lad can go from potential Rangers Legend to sweeping the streets for the council.

Parents want reassured before their offspring sign for clubs.

(tu)

Good post mate, and the relevance of what The Rangers are doing in backing the lads with their education, ensuring they have qualifications that will help them going forward if they get a career threatening injury or don't make it on the pitch, has for me a bigger long term picture ..... that, as you say, they won't end up as street sweepers, but perhaps instead they will move into areas of life where it could make a difference in their lives, never forgetting the help they received from The Club.

What parent wouldn't want this for their lad?, as it relieves them of trying to motivate sometimes rebellious teenagers when it comes to progressing their education, as is often the case when the parent tries to give the advice rather than an outside (in this case) respected influence.

Well done to the Academy and the lads involved.

:uk:

23 hours ago, BF2 said:

16 years of age, getting an A in your exam results and playing for Rangers.

When I was 16, I spent most days sitting in my boxers, playing FIFA and eating pizza and crisps.

Fuck, I'm 24 and still do that

21 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I give a big shit. :P

I want us to be a THE Centre of Excellence in everything we do.  We're far more than just a football club.

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Noble in a way but irrelevant in another way - the only benefit I can possibly see is if there's a youngster, highly rated, that is wanted by a few clubs, if we have an education system in place his parents are more likely to let them join us or at least seriously consider us.

And don't you think that's a pretty persuasive benefit just on its own?

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I give a big shit. :P

I want us to be a THE Centre of Excellence in everything we do.  We're far more than just a football club.

And don't you think that's a pretty persuasive benefit just on its own?

Didn't say it wasn't a benefit, hence why I actually said it.

My point is I only care about what they do on the pitch. I don't want to hear about them not winning but they got good exam results. Honestly who cares?

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Didn't say it wasn't a benefit, hence why I actually said it.

My point is I only care about what they do on the pitch. I don't want to hear about them not winning but they got good exam results. Honestly who cares?

I don't think you should be excited by it, but at least enthused and encouraged that the Club is indeed thinking every aspect of their setup through, and putting more and more pieces in place.  Having a good academic policy and strategy in place is an essential part of any ambitious youth setup.

[Edit: And so is publicising it]

3 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I don't think you should be excited by it, but at least enthused and encouraged that the Club is indeed thinking every aspect of their setup through, and putting more and more pieces in place.  Having a good academic policy and strategy in place is an essential part of any ambitious youth setup.

[Edit: And so is publicising it]

Aye as I said last night I'm probably just being a moany bugger but was just trying to make the point it's what you do as a player not a classroom is all I'm interested in. I don't care if you struggle to spell your own name provided you do the business for us.

There is advantages of having a good academy education system, I just don't see it as a major priority. Would rather them on the park/training ground than a classroom. Which is selfish, granted, but I'm a Rangers fan not the boys parents.