Whatever happened to the "TBB Liaison Committee"?

Big V

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Yes.

You see instead of replying to someone post with shitey wee laughing faces I actually made my point without looking like a sarcastic little apologist.

You continue to laugh at our club/supporters being victimised though, although you would only do it on an internet forum...we all know what you are.

:lol: victimised! :lol: 

its funny that's what they say as well - you'll be one of these sensitive chaps that gets all pissy is someone says H** but wants to be up to their knees in fenian blood! 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Wouldn't surprise me if you're on the side of believing the cup final trouble was the fault of 'both sets of fans'.

Nope - blame likes squarely with hibs!

Now tell me are you one of these that's gets all het up if someone uses the H** word? 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Nope - blame likes squarely with hibs!

Now tell me are you one of these that's gets all het up if someone uses the H** word? 

First for everything

I don't get het up because I'm personally offended but the lack of consistency there is with other words considered to be sectarian is staggering

@Bluepeter9

Do you not see issue in that Rangers fans are told the actual tune is banned, no change of words makes a difference but other clubs can freely sing basically the same song with a few word changes?

I see that as quite blatantly one rule for us and a different for the rest and it's a question of why that needs asking in my opinion.

Hardly surprising people see it as only Rangers being targeted, surely?

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

its funny that's what they say as well - you'll be one of these sensitive chaps that gets all pissy is someone says H** but wants to be up to their knees in fenian blood! 

You've just stated that h*n is just as offensive as fenian.  So why, in the eyes or your bigoted political party, are songs about h*ns ok but songs about fenians aren't?

13 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Don't know if you are being serious, but they can say H** and we can't say fenian. That's kinda case-in-point when talking about double standards.

Your point of view would stand-up if we were both allowed to sing what we wanted but we still wanted to complain about that. Which is inaccurate.

4 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

@Bluepeter9

Do you not see issue in that Rangers fans are told the actual tune is banned, no change of words makes a difference but other clubs can freely sing basically the same song with a few word changes?

I see that as quite blatantly one rule for us and a different for the rest and it's a question of why that needs asking in my opinion.

No he doesn't see it because it would, by extension, be a criticism of his beloved SNP and their handpicked and reformed Police Scotland carrying out their work. Can't have that.

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Think it's more about an even playing field, nearly ever ground we visit we get the 'go home ya H** ' chant aimed at us without so much as a whimper from the media, one outburst of The Billy boys and the press go offended mad and go on about it for weeks wanting us punished.

It's not really hard to understand.  

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

So what in the quote is untrue. Others sing alternate words, most up to their knees in someones blood, why have they not faced prosecution for offnsive songs? 

We even got accused of singing it against Man United when it was their version being sung. You really don't see it do you? 

See to be honest it's because @K.A.I posted it. If you had posted the exact same comments then @Bluepeter9 would have had no problems with it. 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

We have a weak Cowardly board who let us take the blame for Motherwell and hung Moshni out to dry, Now they are doing the same with the Cup Final.

We are an easy target for the Police and the Sfa.

Unfortunately never a truer word spoken ! :sherlock:

41 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Heres your problem BP 9.

The orginal post makes reference to an alteration in the lyrics so the lined deemed offensive is removed.

I suggested to Big V he ask the Police to him direct to the legislation which "bans" the song. They cant - for there is no list of banned songs within the legislation.

As others have alluded to the song is sung by supporters of other clubs the length and breadth of the country without recrimination, sanction, punishment or Police action.

So yes irrespective of your smiley emoticons - it is indeed victimisation.

36 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

@Bluepeter9

I have a broad case of friends - many follow different teams - every one of them thinks 'the man' is out to get them - fans of 'them' think that they get picked on as we are still the establishment club - fans of the sheep think we and them get away with loads because we are the big clubs - fuck my Livingston supporting mates think that the whole system has been set up to make it easy for us. 

Me I think it's all just nonsense - once we all got offended at each other the 'banter' of the terraces has become something to beat us all around the head with and has led to stupidity all round. What I can't buy into is all this tit for tat crap that goes on that just keeps the whole thing simmering away. 

40 minutes ago, BF2 said:

You've just stated that h*n is just as offensive as fenian.  So why, in the eyes or your bigoted political party, are songs about h*ns ok but songs about fenians aren't?

Where did I say H** was offensive? It's one of those mock offended words that we use in this tit for tat shite 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I have a broad case of friends - many follow different teams - every one of them thinks 'the man' is out to get them - fans of 'them' think that they get picked on as we are still the establishment club - fans of the sheep think we and them get away with loads because we are the big clubs - fuck my Livingston supporting mates think that the whole system has been set up to make it easy for us. 

Me I think it's all just nonsense - once we all got offended at each other the 'banter' of the terraces has become something to beat us all around the head with and has led to stupidity all round. What I can't buy into is all this tit for tat crap that goes on that just keeps the whole thing simmering away. 

I'm not talking about in general I'm specifically talking about this issue around TBB and being told the actual tune is banned yet others are free to sing as they please, i don't think your reply addresses that in anyway whatsoever. 

Your second paragraph i agree completely with but that's not really what's being spoke about, not by me anyway. 

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't know if you are being serious, but they can say H** and we can't say fenian. That's kinda case-in-point when talking about double standards.

Your point of view would stand-up if we were both allowed to sing what we wanted but we still wanted to complain about that. Which is inaccurate.

You can sing what you want - you'll just get in trouble for it - it's funny but 'they' say the same thing about not singing what they want - it's not just aimed at us but those who only surround themselves with input from like minded sources don't see the whole picture but see the part that affects them. 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You can sing what you want - you'll just get in trouble for it - it's funny but 'they' say the same thing about not singing what they want - it's not just aimed at us but those who only surround themselves with input from like minded sources don't see the whole picture but see the part that affects them. 

Then you can't sing what you want, can you? if part of the trouble you get into is a banning order which means you can't go to a game and you can't sing.

41 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think it's more about an even playing field, nearly ever ground we visit we get the 'go home ya H** ' chant aimed at us without so much as a whimper from the media, one outburst of The Billy boys and the press go offended mad and go on about it for weeks wanting us punished.

It's not really hard to understand.  

I just don't get all this mock offended ( by either side) and I don't subscribe to the nonsense that only we get picked upon - as I have said else where they moan like fuck because of the restrictions on them. It's a shitty law - but then so are many others!  There are also many more issues to really worry about but hey all this tit for tat shite sells papers and feeds the rags on slow news day - and we do our bit by being all outraged about it. 

51 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

(tu)

head6.gif

5 hours ago, five stars said:

To give a silly example if you were to sing up to ours knees in bumble bee's you would get arrested for sectarian singing!!? 

I'd like to see that one in court, a good defence lawyer would have a field day.

I think even a shite defence solicitor would have a field day on that one

16 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Heres your problem BP 9.

The orginal post makes reference to an alteration in the lyrics so the lined deemed offensive is removed.

I suggested to Big V he ask the Police to him direct to the legislation which "bans" the song. They cant - for there is no list of banned songs within the legislation.

As others have alluded to the song is sung by supporters of other clubs the length and breadth of the country without recrimination, sanction, punishment or Police action.

So yes irrespective of your smiley emoticons - it is indeed victimisation.

Ach it's a shite law - but 'they' seem to feel it's restricted to them - we get all paranoid and say it's aimed at us - fuck and the sheep say both OF teams get away with loads that they get critiqued about. 

What does make me laugh is how some of our support used to laugh at the paranoia across the city but now sup at that table - and that's what I laughed at - Kai's rampant paranoia. 'Oh the big bad SNP are picking on us' -'police scotland are out to get us' - oh nobody likes us!'

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ach it's a shite law - but 'they' seem to feel it's restricted to them - we get all paranoid and say it's aimed at us - fuck and the sheep say both OF teams get away with loads that they get critiqued about. 

What does make me laugh is how some of our support used to laugh at the paranoia across the city but now sup at that table - and that's what I laughed at - Kai's rampant paranoia. 'Oh the big bad SNP are picking on us' -'police scotland are out to get us' - oh nobody likes us!'

Still directing the paranoia card at me when other people pull you up on talking shite. Nice deflection tactic.

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Its not a discussion about a "shite law" though BP 9 - its a discussion about a song which the Liaison committee have been told is "banned" irrespective of any literary changes that may be introduced. And that is despite the fact that the "shitey law" which the SNP introduced (despite warnings from many) does not make any mention of this or any other song for that matter.

Its not paranoia when our fans are clearly been treated differently from fans elsewhere and no matter how much you try to mock our own fans & suggest they are as paranoid as others - the facts stand there is a prima facie case here which highlights how our are fans are treated differently from others.

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We sing the Billy Boys and everybody in the country greets, look at the reaction after SCF and 4-2 against Hibs. Celtic sing IRA songs every week, videos on Twitter the lot, where's the outcry from the media?