Joeys new pop at the filth

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Not sure mate .He is wind up merchant and he thrives on that .

As for performances .He has been ok so far .Defence is problem .The 2 Stoogies would make any midfield play erratically .

If he watched game last night .Hopefully he learned something   

Aye, I'm ok with his performances. He's only the one player so don't expect anything great. Just a good solid performer. We remain really open when we lose possession because we look to press so quickly rather than fall back which would suit guys like him and the CB better. The latter two would not be good enough even in a traditional set-up right enough. Fuck knows what we are going to do at the back because it's a difficult role in this team and the sort of boys we need cost a right few bob. 

I'm just not into seeing Rangers players giving those dafties airtime. He'll end up coming a cropper with the way our media are if his tongue gets too loose and they get him to stray into the usual issues. Will also look like a clown if he doesn't produce often enough. But it's really just more the fact that it's beneath us to be mentioning them and will end up making him look like he's obsessed with them when it's always been the other way about at Rangers.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey should just shut the fuck up and say nothing.

When we go to the piggery he should just face the ground when wee hard man broony growls at him.

Then he should do a bow or curtsy for brenda.

That's what the bheggars want.

How dare he have an opinion on anything.

Granted his performances haven't been brilliant and it's probably not Rangers class to act the way he does, but it's Joey Barton and the gaffer knew what he was signing when he signed him.

Just hope to fuck he can back his confident words up against them when we meet.

Some amount of greetin faced cunts on this post. Its called BANTER! 

Some of you just love to hate Barton. Lighten up. 

Also slating Bartons form? He hasnt been half as bad as people try to make out, and the season has hardly started to start judging new players. 

Have a snickers bar, lads!

I don't mind Barton doing his twitter thing, it's not bringing any issues back to the club.

People are right to say he needs to do his talking on the park though as he's done nothing spectacular and i expect that he'll get kicked to fuck for a reaction in the OF game to try and get him carded. I don't want him saving all his potential for that game either, whether we play the scum or Inverness he should be commanding the midfield and getting other teams worried because at the moment - and it's not just Barton - we're looking like we're there for the taking.

5 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Giving them fuel again.  

Giving them fuel? Well Brown said Aberdeen were Celtics threat to the title - so weve got fuel too! 

Its all just banter mate, and having being out of the SPFL for so long, I am lapping it all up.

Are we supposed to be scared that the great unwashed will be motivated by his words? Are we fuck.

4 hours ago, William McBeath said:

So it's up to our players to set their own standards now?Or is this guy just special? Surely the Rangers manager calls the shots and if he gets sick of his attention seeking can reign him in?

He's not special but he's always been known for his fairly unique character and I think the chances of that changing when he's approaching 34 are unlikely, and as others have mentioned all of us including Warburton knew what we were getting 

Just don't see the point in getting upset about it 

Don't mind this. He's been at it a long time anyway so fair play....I think he will improve when the team get their performance issues sorted and tune in to each other. They're still quite new with each other so getting a handle on their differences in style. 

I'm quite positive it will improve. 

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

He's not special but he's always been known for his unique character and I think the chances of that changing when he's approaching 34 are unlikely, and as others have mentioned all of us including Warburton knew what we were getting 

Just don't see the point in getting upset about it 

Aye maybe so, I'm not up to speed with all the social media stuff but just hope he doesn't make a right cunt of it and start fancying himself as a guru of all things up here because you know what it's like. He'll get hung.

I was on here for a wee while when we were going through all that shit and remember you calling us oldies soul merchants over the selling of the stadium name :lol:

Wondered were you'd got too. Better days eh? One hell of a experience this club and us have been made to go through. Just wish I could land that Euro lotto and make sure of 55 as we all deserve it straight away :541:

4 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Aye maybe so, I'm not up to speed with all the social media stuff but just hope he doesn't make a right cunt of it and start fancying himself as a guru of all things up here because you know what it's like. He'll get hung.

I was on here for a wee while when we were going through all that shit and remember you calling us oldies soul merchants over the selling of the stadium name :lol:

Wondered were you'd got too. Better days eh? One hell of a experience this club and us have been made to go through. Just wish I could land that Euro lotto and make sure of 55 as we all deserve it straight away :541:

I don't disagree with the concept that it's sometimes better to do your talking on the pitch but I think with Joey Barton the only way to avoid that is not sign him at all in the first place

I remember I didn't object to selling the stadium naming rights in principle still wouldn't considering so many clubs in Europe do it to make money, although that was before we knew the type of deals Ashley was getting and how it wouldn't really benefit us 

I fell away from posting over the last year or so getting back into it now in time for 55 hopefully :D 

There really is some torn faced gits on here.  He's barely been here a month and he's had next to no pre-season.  That lot were lucky bastards last night and their celebrations after the game were an embarrassment, they deserve to get pelters.  I have no problem with this.

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

I don't disagree with the concept that it's sometimes better to do your talking on the pitch but I think with Joey Barton the only way to avoid that is not sign him at all in the first place

I remember I didn't object to selling the stadium naming rights in principle still wouldn't considering so many clubs in Europe do it to make money, although that was before we knew the type of deals Ashley was getting and how it wouldn't really benefit us 

I fell away from posting over the last year or so getting back into it now in time for 55 hopefully :D 

Aye I end up realising you lot were right and if the money's good then why not as it's not as if we can afford to be the guardians of footballs soul. Got to laugh now as I spent about 3 days thinking it was a great sin :lol:

2 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Aye I end up realising you lot were right and if the money's good then why not as it's not as if we can afford to be the guardians of footballs soul. Got to laugh now as I spent about 3 days thinking it was a great sin :lol:

The way it transpired any deal with Sports Direct probably wouldn't have made us much money anyway so it's good that never happened, hope the current board would look at it as an option if anyone else shows future interest though

9 minutes ago, BF2 said:

There really is some torn faced gits on here.  He's barely been here a month and he's had next to no pre-season.  That lot were lucky bastards last night and their celebrations after the game were an embarrassment, they deserve to get pelters.  I have no problem with this.

Ive got no problem either. I just hope he has a good season to back up his social media ramblings.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive got no problem either. I just hope he has a good season to back up his social media ramblings.

Likewise.  I agree he certainly hasn't set the league alight so far be has to be given a fair crack at the whip before being criticised IMO.

In Barton we must trust.

I don't think he appreciates what awaits him if we get fucked, by Broon. He'll just stand in his way with hands aloft trying to bait him.

Hope he's ready for it, we've all seen it and know the score and the reactions that make people flip it's hard for outsiders to understand. 

He's making his own bed, let hope we win.