I'm excited about Garner

Gaz52

I think we've brought in a player that's more than capable of bagging 20+ a season up here. His passion will rub off on the players round about him as well. He'll fast become a fans favourite in my opinion. Can't wait to see him on Friday night! 

All those crosses/cut backs that go in from our full-backs have been screaming for a player like Garner to be there on the end of them.

I can see a mammoth performance coming from the lads on Friday, buzzing for it :21: 

Does anyone know what number he is?

20 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just had a wee look on the Rangers web site and it seems to be ....

Number 7 (tu)

Wasn't he number 14 before for Preston?

Anyhow, agree with the OP he should do well for us. Is good in the air and scores loads of headers despite being only 5 foot 10.

We only scored a handfull of headers last season. Could be a good tactical signing from MW.

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Anyhow, agree with the OP he should do well for us. Is good in the air and scores loads of headers despite being only 5 foot 10.

We only scored a handfull of headers last season. Could be a good tactical signing from MW.

29 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just had a wee look on the Rangers web site and it seems to be ....

Number 7 (tu)

Reason number 7 and not 14 is because we've only paid half the transfer fee just now.

36 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Think the crosses from MOH and Wallace are going to find garner in the box, hopefully he'll get a debut goal or two to settle the nerves.

Tav hits some mental crosses into the centre of the box that is just dying for someone to attack

18 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Not sure about his number at P N E, but it says 7 on the site.

Yes looking forward to hopefully playing on Friday night. (tu)

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Odds sound good, but he didn't start the season for us and will be playing catchup. 

I'd say the thumb and Waghorn would be his main dangers and there will be 1 or 2 from elsewhere who will have a run. The 2 mentioned only have 1 each so far I think though. However, if playing regularly, if playing as a number 9 and if he can replicate some of those finishes he had for Preston in League 2, with the amount of chances we create i'd expect him to score a lot of bloody goals! Hopefully anyway! Will be interesting to see if he's on penalty duties...........

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'd say the thumb and Waghorn would be his main dangers and there will be 1 or 2 from elsewhere who will have a run. The 2 mentioned only have 1 each so far I think though. However, if playing regularly, if playing as a number 9 and if he can replicate some of those finishes he had for Preston in League 2, with the amount of chances we create i'd expect him to score a lot of bloody goals! Hopefully anyway! Will be interesting to see if he's on penalty duties...........

Can's see him taking over Waghorn's penalty duties (when he is fit). What's Garners record at scoring direct free kicks like?

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Can's see him taking over Waghorn's penalty duties (when he is fit). What's Garners record at scoring direct free kicks like?

Don't think I've seen him score a free kick off the top of my head. Scores a shitload of headers from free kicks out wide so should hopefully give us another dimension.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I think we've brought in a player that's more than capable of bagging 20+ a season up here. His passion will rub off on the players round about him as well. He'll fast become a fans favourite in my opinion. Can't wait to see him on Friday night! 

All those crosses/cut backs that go in from our full-backs have been screaming for a player like Garner to be there on the end of them.

I can see a mammoth performance coming from the lads on Friday, buzzing for it :21: 

Does anyone know what number he is?

I'm that confident in his ability I'd give him 55:cheers:

7 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Don't think I've seen him score a free kick off the top of my head. Scores a shitload of headers from free kicks out wide so should hopefully give us another dimension.

Goods odds mind. If hs gets enough  match time he could pull it off

Which bookie is offering 12-1? Think I might chuck a wee tenner on it.

36 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Goods odds mind. If hs gets enough  match time he could pull it off

Which bookie is offering 12-1? Think I might chuck a wee tenner on it.

It was William Hill but I've not had a look around others yet. Probably will do prior to Killie game.