Press Conferences - Warburton & Garner

SuperTav

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

looks a bit down in the dumps

I noticed that aswell, i think he's pissed off with the repetitive questions every week.

The reporters spend more time looking for soundbites and looking for ways twist his words, than they do asking genuine questions. 

Interesting to hear MW suggest that there is more to be done for the squad to gel.   That's understandable up to a point as we are only 3 league games into the season.  And interesting to note his satisfaction with having won 7 points out of 9 so far.    The unasked question though was to get his view on when he thinks he will have achieved the level of 'gelling' that he thinks would be needed to be 'more than competitive'.    However long it takes we absolutely must still be in strong contention in order to benefit from that more complete gelling process at the business end of the season.

Personally I still think it is very important to win the league this season and open the way to have a shot at CL football next season.   The financials are becoming too weighted in favour of clubs reaching CL group stages that it risks making it that much harder to win the league if we can be out-spent by a big margin in acquiring players.   So I think the pressure is much greater on MW this season and we'll see how he handles the media under that sort of spotlight throughout the season.  

Also wonder why the Press haven't asked him if there are any players he would have liked to have signed, and asked about signing but could not afford.  To a large extent I still think the nose and tail of how quickly we can get 55 comes down to money - the money King and the Board make available to acquire the best possible first choice players.   The thing is, if the league is not won this season and we have to go again next season, where is King going to get the sort of serious money that may well be needed to attract the right players to Rangers.  But then, that question may never have to be faced (I bet King hopes he doesn't have to face it) if MW / DW and the squad can gel quickly and effectively and win 55 this season. 

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Personally I still think it is very important to win the league this season

I don't think it is. I mean I get everyone wanting us to win it and at the very least expecting us to at least compete but we need to remember where we have been, to be anywhere close to a title challenge considering what a shambles our club was only a year and a half ago would be miraculous and whether we win the league or finish 2nd we will never be grateful enough for the work Warburton and the board have done for our club.

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I don't think it is. I mean I get everyone wanting us to win it and at the very least expecting us to at least compete but we need to remember where we have been, to be anywhere close to a title challenge considering what a shambles our club was only a year and a half ago would be miraculous and whether we win the league or finish 2nd we will never be grateful enough for the work Warburton and the board have done for our club.

I don't think where we have been in the last 4 years is an excuse to lose our winning mentality. Anything other than winning the league is a failure imo, that will never change at a club like ours and Warburton obviously realises that.

10 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I don't think where we have been in the last 4 years is an excuse to lose our winning mentality. Anything other than winning the league is a failure imo, that will never change at a club like ours and Warburton obviously realises that.

We have to be realistic though, after what we have been through we could have Ancelotti in charge and still struggle to win the league. It is nothing to do with losing our winning mentality, it's being realistic. 

17 hours ago, BlueMe said:

I noticed that aswell, i think he's pissed off with the repetitive questions every week.

The reporters spend more time looking for soundbites and looking for ways twist his words, than they do asking genuine questions. 

The repeated crap from reporters was noted last year and continues this year still... and agree with the "twisting words".

"So, Mark, you have stated you prefer grass pitches over artificial surfaces in the past, is that still your stance?"

"Yeah, nothing beats grass..."

EXCLUSIVE DAILY RHEBEL HEADLINE: Rangers Manager Likes Grass

(Pg 4) Does MW do other drugs?

(Pg 5) MW may have been on a 2 week Opium Holiday after last season... we investigate.

(Pg 6-26) We digest  every answer MW has given in every interview to reveal his drug addiction

(Back Page) 4000 Hibs Fans claim they stormed the pitch on Cup Final day to protect their players from the potential drug dealing. 

13 hours ago, KingKirk said:

what sort of question is does JB have free reign . Honest tae fuck man first time I have heard the gaffer answer so quickly he caught the bastard on his heels

Made me laugh, slam dunked the cunt :lol:

Good to hear as well as I was getting a bit concerned. Joey might land himself right in it up here by tweeting something nuts. 

Could see by the way Warburton dealt with that reporter that he's not a man to mess about with. Can only be good.

Why Bagwash felt he had to ask about Celtic's result, only he knows but he was put in his place when he tried to trip MW up with a question about Joey. I would have thought that even pusillanimous journalists - and I lose the term in its loosest sense - would know by now that MW can spot bear traps a mile off.

I wouldn't say he looks down in the dumps at all.

He handles the moronic Scottish press expertly, never a "ehhhh" moment. He just says what all Rangers fans say, nothing we can do to control other teams results so we just need to control what we can - perfect.