congratulations to Lee Hodson!

RFCRobertson

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be seriously tempted to drop Tav and give Hodson a shot. He cost us another goal at the weekend by being caught out miles up the park and then lunging in when he did eventually get back. He's also not causing as much of a threat going forward as he used to, so maybe being dropped will give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Just now, Mojo84 said:

I'd be seriously tempted to drop Tav and give Hodson a shot. He cost us another goal at the weekend by being caught out miles up the park and then lunging in when he did eventually get back. He's also not causing as much of a threat going forward as he used to, so maybe being dropped will give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Tav has been our best defender, arguably best player this season so far though :lol:

On 24/08/2016 at 16:47, RFCRobertson said:

Congratulations to Lee Hodson who has been called up to the Northern Ireland Squad for their game against the Czech Republic! 

He'll join ex-Rangers players Steven Davis and Kyle Lafferty, wish them all the best!! 

Just now, Mojo84 said:

That would be daft, replace Tav and we take away from our attack. I personally think Tav has improved defensively so far this season. Lee is an alright player for backup but not good enough to be a first team regular.

11 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Yawn... Give me likes give me likes...

Did it for McKay, do it for any other boys who get called up for duty.

So fuck off, it's not all about likes actually. 

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

You wish Davis and Lafferty all the best?

Taig.

Thought I'd include them for the sake of it. Makes for better writing I guess? 

10 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

Where do you start doh

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Where do you start doh

So is Tav undroppable? He was at fault for the goal we lost against Motherwell and we often lose goals from balls in from his side. I'm a big fan of his when he's playing at his best but it's been a long time since I remember a game where he was making numerous dangerous runs into the box or down the flank. He seems to be getting to a point in the opposition half and then not committing any further. The problem is, when he does lose the ball, he's still struggling to cover back.

I'm not saying Hodson is better than him but he didn't put a foot wrong pre-season and looked confident at the back and going forward. Players need to know their position in the team will be taken if they don't perform.

2 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

So is Tav undroppable? He was at fault for the goal we lost against Motherwell and we often lose goals from balls in from his side. I'm a big fan of his when he's playing at his best but it's been a long time since I remember a game where he was making numerous dangerous runs into the box or down the flank. He seems to be getting to a point in the opposition half and then not committing any further. The problem is, when he does lose the ball, he's still struggling to cover back.

I'm not saying Hodson is better than him but he didn't put a foot wrong pre-season and looked confident at the back and going forward. Players need to know their position in the team will be taken if they don't perform.

Didn't say he was, but Tav put 5 or 6 balls into the box which would all have resulted in goals had we any striker whatsoever within 10 yards of the goal.

Tav being caught up the park isn't his fault as much as it's the fault of the RM or whoever should fall back to cover him when he bombs forward. His defending has been poor at times, and he lost us the SC IMO. However ATM ask yourself if we would be a better team without Tav in it?

Just now, Big Al II said:

Didn't say he was, but Tav put 5 or 6 balls into the box which would all have resulted in goals had we any striker whatsoever within 10 yards of the goal.

Tav being caught up the park isn't his fault as much as it's the fault of the RM or whoever should fall back to cover him when he bombs forward. His defending has been poor at times, and he lost us the SC IMO. However ATM ask yourself if we would be a better team without Tav in it?

As I said, I'm a big fan when he's firing on all cylinders, I just don't think he is at the moment and hasn't been for the best part of 6months. He can be lethal and arguably has the best shot in the squad.

Agree that when he's forward, somebody else should be generally be covering but his defending when he is tracking back is the suspect part.