1 for all the "paranoid Protestants" out there

K.A.I

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

As I have just replied - it's a question of where that line is - my most hated is the Neil Simpson chant the sheep use(d) - some people get offended if you call them a H**! It's just all a matter of perspective - one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist type thing! 

Never mind drawing different lines.

Just answer the question.

Do you think throwing bananas at doing monkey chants is on a par with a song exposing pedos?

If not, why feel the need to ask if it is any worse?

Agree with the tit for tat nonsense, i couldn't give a fuck what political cause they are supporting this week (it changes regularly with them).

They sing what they want and we sing what we want and nobody should go running greeting to politicians/police in faux outrage.

2 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

No offence mate, but if you think whyte was worse for us than King and Murray you're retarded. These guys are the worst thing to happen to our club in over a decade...

We are in agreement then but Whyte will get what's coming to him 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

As I have just replied - it's a question of where that line is - my most hated is the Neil Simpson chant the sheep use(d) - some people get offended if you call them a H**! It's just all a matter of perspective - one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist type thing! 

This points been made to you before I've hardly ever come across anyone genuinely offended by the term, but they've been allowed to turn Fenian into something that it's not to the extent where people get jailed for saying or even typing it, going by the laws H** is supposed to be their version yet very little gets done about it by comparison. People just want fair and equal treatment, if there could be an understanding that both set of fans can sing what they like then I'd be more than happy to accept it 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't know but I'd imagine throwing bananas at a black man is worse than  singing about a Fenian because they decided to change the meaning to Catholic. I'd also suggest there's nothing wrong with singing fuck the Pope or queen if that's your belief. 

The famine song is an ironic chant. There was catholics and protestants who died in the famine. The song tells them the reason they left the "motherland" is now no longer an issue and if they love it so much they can head back.

Was in total agreement until the famine song is moronic - it's not anti Catholic or Protestant 

13 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I think the chant about the pope and the vatican is an entirely reasonable statement ?

Any other organisation with their conduct would be closed down immediately by interpol

But

If we sing a bad song about them we face jail time.

Deep down Putin can only dream of such power

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Why did that BBC Scotland documentary there say with great delight "previously unseen footage" and show the Rangers team in the Tannadice dressing room in 1990 singing Billy Boys with the add/ons including Fuck The Pope and the Vatican and fenian blood? 

Theyve had this footage for almost 30 years but have a show with Spiers, Cosgrove, McKenna, Tom Devine, Jock Brown, Fergus McCann (couple of minor words from their token Gers men McPherson, Traynor) Why reel that out now? The programme was about Scottish football and it's changing landscape 

I know it won't happen because the pricks in charge of our club are the types who would ban a fan in the stand for singing it but rub hands with the players in the dressing room if they were celebrating that way but any player or official that gives as much as the BBC a nod or a word in future should be thrown out the club 

clear agendas here - even if you know who's gonna come on and say otherwise 

Perhaps they are testing the water with King by first using something with no current employees and then if there's no reaction the next time it will be something a bit closer to home 

20 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Any other organisation with their conduct would be closed down immediately by interpol

But

If we sing a bad song about them we face jail time.

Deep down Putin can only dream of such power

Yip and their CEO would be doing time. Hate to admit it but that seedy cult of a religion are pretty powerful 

15 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

As someone pointed out in the general sports thread m they made a big deal about changing cultural attitudes and the effect of the Maurice Johnston signing , yet refused to mention the racial abuse mark Walters received at the piggery on his debut . Also they knew exactly what they were doing with that footage of the players singing , utterly irrelevant in the context of the show , but anything to open a can of worms in the first season rangers are back in the premier league and weeks before an old firm game . It even at one point tried to make out like rangers were somehow to blame for the rise of Thatcherism :lol:

Excellent point... I will believe the BBC is impartial if they ever have the guts to show footage of that because you can be sure if it had been us they would have managed to work it into programmes at every possible opportunity

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Yip and their CEO would be doing time. Hate to admit it but that seedy cult of a religion are pretty powerful 

All religions are fake shit - and the bigger they are the worse they are - only religion can make I 'church' and turn it into ( at least 2) factions that have fought each other for centuries based on ideology! And it's not just one religion that has done this! 

And Christianity - forgiveness - love - and peace - geez a break and yet that's what 'we' indulge in - our view of religion is better than your view - and yet few even practise the faith they 'defend' it's no wonder I laugh! 

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't know but I'd imagine throwing bananas at a black man is worse than  singing about a Fenian because they decided to change the meaning to Catholic. I'd also suggest there's nothing wrong with singing fuck the Pope or queen if that's your belief. 

The famine song is an ironic chant. There was catholics and protestants who died in the famine. The song tells them the reason they left the "motherland" is now no longer an issue and if they love it so much they can head back.

The Protestants families of those that suffered & came to Scotland, don't sing & wave foreign flags of a shitey terrorist loving country a few hundred meters away.

The generations of fenian kafliks that were born in Scotland and claim their allegiance to the pira loving national must go back - there's nothing stopping them and ryanair will gladly assist.

13 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

The Protestants families of those that suffered & came to Scotland, don't sing & wave foreign flags of a shitey terrorist loving country a few hundred meters away.

The generations of fenian kafliks that were born in Scotland and claim their allegiance to the pira loving national must go back - there's nothing stopping them and ryanair will gladly assist.

Nobody has said they did. I was pointing out that there's nothing about religion in it 

16 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I lost track of the amount of times they mentioned the Tories in some form and even said the Protestant vote was lost 

what a scum organisation they are 

:541::541::541:

And from the trailer from next week's one, Cosgrove went full anti-Capitalist.

A cunt of an organisation. Riddled with scum from top to bottom.

What truly fucked Scottish football was doing pathetic TV deals for peanuts while the EPL went from a strong beginning on Sky to the gigantic money we see now.

Scottish football lauched on the BSB platfrom, the rival to Sky at the time ( I know because I was working for Sky giving out the free trials of the satellite sytems back after launch), and as Sky went on to dominate the 2 big satellite companies, Scottish football found it had backed the wrong horse, and never did catch up in the TV deal stakes. Never came remotely close to the EPL money. 

If it had, then the big money foreign players which we were accused of kickstarting would in fact have been commonplace.

Instead of talking sense, they went full anti- Gers as you would expect, and blamed us for the current ills of the game.

In fact, had we got a decent TV deal, the debt we had racked up would have been paid back.

Just watched it and the programme is riddled with half truths and in certain cases by the usual suspects LIES..it didn't upset me that much if I am honest..

It will probably get worse...and we will be left with..Rangers=bad...c***c=good... Ho hum..We ALL know differently..fuck bbc scotland...

15 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Just watched it and the programme is riddled with half truths and in certain cases by the usual suspects LIES..it didn't upset me that much if I am honest..

It will probably get worse...and we will be left with..Rangers=bad...c***c=good... Ho hum..We ALL know differently..fuck bbc scotland...

Scandalous that we are forced to pay for it because of the licence fee :power_of_anguish:

This was the BBC, remember.  Did anyone really expect a degree of fairness?  The question is rhetorical.

I continue to be surprised by the number of people who still buy the gutter rags that despise us and, those who support the BBC by continuing to buy a licence.