IPSO ruling released

Virtuoso

Just now, thehost said:

nailed the cunts

Over to you Mr Murray ban the fuckers, sine die

Yet our fans group spokesperson will still use them and the Evening Times as their media outlet :rolleyes:

That ruling fucking hammered them though. No sugar coating.

...and from the Record:

FOLLOWING an article published in the Daily Record on 26 May, 2016, headlined Cops: Mob rule outside Hampden blocked us from getting in to help in print, and Cops claim mob rule outside Hampden stopped them getting in to deal with battling Rangers and Hibs fans, online, a man complained to the Independent Press Standards Organisation that the Daily Record had breached of Clause 1 (Accuracy) of the Editors Code of Practice.

IPSO upheld the complaint and has required the Daily Record to publish this decision as a remedy to the breach.

The article reported that police officers outside Hampden Park claimed that they were prevented by Rangers supporters from entering the stadium to deal with the disorder that was taking place on the pitch.

It quoted an unnamed police officer who said that a mob mentality prevailed outside the stadium, and accused parents of using their children to block roads.

The officer said that supporters started hitting and spitting at the vans, trying to rock the vans, kicking the vans, trying the doors. This isn't a few bad eggs in the crowd, this was everyone walking past us.

It said that the officer was addressing criticism of the police reaction to the Hibs fans pitch invasion.

The article also quoted three other police sources, who supported the account given by the police officer.

The complainant said that he was outside the stadium as police vans attempted to make their way through Rangers supporters.

He said that while there was sarcastic applause from the majority of fans and some mild verbal abuse directed at the police due to their late arrival, there were no confrontations.

He said that it was nonsense to suggest that parents were using their children to block the road.

He denied that anybody hit or spat at police vans, and said it was inaccurate to report that everybody walking past had taken part in what the article said had taken place.

He said that the article was totally fabricated and there were thousands of witnesses who would say likewise.

The newspaper said that it had received an email from somebody who identified himself as a serving police officer who described the incident in detail; it said it had been unable to verify whether or not the person who sent the email was in fact a police officer.

It said that the journalist checked the account with two further police sources, neither of whom were present at the incident. It also said it had contacted the General Secretary of the Scottish Police Federation who said that some of the accounts he had heard accorded with the account in the email.

It said that these allegations had been presented as claims rather than facts in the article, and that it had taken sufficient care over the articles accuracy.

The Committee found that the newspaper had taken insufficient steps to take care over the accuracy of the article.

Given the seriousness of the allegations, and given that the unidentified source appeared to be a police officer who wanted to address criticism over the conduct of the police following the match, it was concerning that the newspaper had sought to corroborate the account only with police contacts who were not present during the alleged incidents.

Additionally, the claims had been published in such a way that they gave the significantly misleading impression that they had been corroborated by multiple inde- pendent eyewitnesses. The complaint was upheld as a breach of Clause 1.

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I assume our Board will be issuing a statement on this despicable slur on Rangers fans and asking for an apology.

29 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Paul Murray better Buck up his ideas and banish his pals from ibrox 

33 minutes ago, thehost said:

nailed the cunts

Over to you Mr Murray ban the fuckers, sine die

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Ban the cunts ffs

Come on DK. You must be getting a running commentary about what is being said on these pages. GET IT FUCKIN SORTED FFS.

Why is it always left up to the fans to fight our corner never the club?

Liewell would be out all guns blazing banning the rag from the giro dome if it happened across the city.

That mob banned the record for saying they played badly in a pre-season game will our board even acknowledge and do something about the blatant lies that were printed?

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would really like our board to take this on  - we have PR, they should be over this like a rash

They would need to give a fuck first.

If it was the board  who the rhebel had printed a  fabricated story about it would be gloves off.    Cunts!

We shouId hurt them in the pocket for reputational damage as this is the only way they will listen as no doubt there sales and Internet hits will be up on the day they publish the retraction.

Jane Hamilton your nothing but a lying unprofessional bigot with no pride in your job. You hen are an embarrassment and I hope your career is in tatters and you get many teary nights greetin into your vino. 

Your simply an arsehole that's been found out and your adding to the hatred in the city with your own prejudice when really you shouId have been part of the solution but you had to abuse your position. 

If I was in DK's position I would be shouting from the roof of the stand
"OK you wanted war,well you've fuckin got it"
The sign at the door would say "to all concerned,you are barred till you can be trusted to be impartial and tell the truth,which shall include the bbc Scotland,the DR and The herald who are proven liars. Now fuck right off"

15 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Jane Hamilton your nothing but a lying unprofessional bigot with no pride in your job. You hen are an embarrassment and I hope your career is in tatters and you get many teary nights greetin into your vino. 

No chance. Drinks all round at the scumdome as she celebrates with the Jap on job done. She'll probably be offered a job in their PR office.

It really is incredible. When you break it down to basics the Rhebel received an email from an anonymous source claiming to be a cop with that story. To verify the story they ask two other cops who were not there. Then they believe everything that was said without checking and print.

So I'm going to send the Rhebel an email stating the tranny, the Jap and Rhegan had a meeting about Big Jock, saying he knew something and that the video of it is doing the rounds online. All I need is two of you to back me up to the Rhebel by saying "Honest Guv, it's the truth as my granny heard it from Kenny Millers neighbour".

So the story should be in print tomorrow.