*** Official Post Match Thread.***

BlueBearz1990

It like watching the film Groundhog day it same shit over and over again we need change the way we are playing because every team knows way we play now scrap this do plan A better shit . Also drop Miller and start O Halloran .Forrester and Tav where only two I thought did anything good tonight . Hopefully Windass Waghorn and Holt are back shortly .

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

The very least the manager and the support deserve from the players is 100% effort and fitness for 90 minutes. I agree we have some good players , but they are not giving that 100% and the manager knows it . If he allows it to go on , he's the one getting the bump at the end of the season , not any of them. He also bought all of these players and trains them every day, he also thought it a wise move to give Kieran an extension on his contract which to me was fuckin unbelievable.

Its his job on the line and he better get it sorted , he's known the defenders he signed are garbage.

If we fail, then as always the manager will get the blame, and ultimately will be sacked. I don't really agree with how that works but I understand and i'm fully aware that's how football works. We're still top of the league (just) and there are already some on here wanting him gone. That for me is naive, at the very best but the reality is when things aren't going well, being a manager of the old firm may very well be one of the most difficult jobs in the world.

IMO, whilst Warburton doesn't know his best starting 11. My view is Waghorn, a new centre half, Garner, and one of Holt/Windass would be very close to being in his, and most of our preferred first 11s. Obviously that has not happened, some of which is outwith Warburton's control but that doesn't detract from the poor performances we've seen from big players. I accept your point about Kiernan, it's difficult to argue against and Hill isn't sitting the world alight either. 

Going back to my original point though when 80% - 90% of your team are under performing it can be difficult to manage and change it. Take Wallace for example, and I use him as he is captain and (rightly) POTY from last year. He's not been nearly good enough IMO but do we have a better replacement? I'm not so sure. Would Hodson improve us? Can you drop your captain after a few games? Of course you should be able to and base it on form but dropping your captain could lead to disharmony in the changing room. I'm going off topic here and of course you need a strong manager to lead and make big decisions but my point is it's not always so straight forward to change 5, 6, 7, 8 players without it possibly having an even bigger negative effect on the team. That's why the players just need to get back to fucking basics. They are good players. They just need to fucking show it!

2 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

It like watching the film Groundhog day it same shit over and over again we need change the way we are playing because every team knows way we play now scrap this do plan A better shit . Also drop Miller and start O Halloran .Forrester and Tav where only two I thought did anything good tonight . Hopefully Windass Waghorn and Holt are back shortly .

Heap good big points. Me agree, Kemo Sabe.

where to start with that shambles

Fod, probably not going to be good enough in the long run, however blameless again tonight
Tav, belter of a free kick, offered our best wide attacking threat, but boy he cannot defend, he will cost goals this season
Kiernan, absolute bombscare in the konterman mould, i swear i could defend better than him, he is a nightmare
Hill, was signed as a back up clearly, thought he looked way better than Kiernan, however that doesnt take much
Wallace, stifling his attacking threat, same defensively as he has always been, but fuck all down the left with him now
Barton, offers fuck all, lets be honest, doesnt lead, doesnt grip the game by the neck, he tweets which is nice i guess
Rossiter, stifled by Barton being there, a defensive mid asked to play differently (at least thats what it looks like)
Forrester, tries to hard, and i mean tries way too hard, got to start playing the simple things, lineup doesnt help him though
Garner, absolutely no service apart from a few corners, crossing from deep is bread and butter for the killie backline
Miller, done at this level, odd goal aside, he was virtually missing the 2nd half,
McKay, fuck knows, defo something there, however he's isolated often and has heehaw in the box to aim at as well

Warburton, stubborn or poor manager really, only time will tell, unfortunately we dont have time, tims win their games in hand we could be needing favours before the weans go out guising, shocking situation to be in, marquee signings have been shite, hasnt addressed the problem areas of the team, if its not him then he needs to openly tell us if he isnt being backed, as it stands his rep is fast going down the pan

13 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

He had two centre backs marking him and somehow lost both and out paced them then hit a decent shot that was still close to wes, wouldn't blame tavs positioning

People blame Hill,  it was Kiernan that played him onside while Hill was trying to play him offside. That is just either Kiernan fucking up, or the backline not communicating.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If we fail, then as always the manager will get the blame, and ultimately will be sacked. I don't really agree with how that works but I understand and i'm fully aware that's how football works. We're still top of the league (just) and there are already some on here wanting him gone. That for me is naive, at the very best but the reality is when things aren't going well, being a manager of the old firm may very well be one of the most difficult jobs in the world.

IMO, whilst Warburton doesn't know his best starting 11. My view is Waghorn, a new centre half, Garner, and one of Holt/Windass would be very close to being in his, and most of our preferred first 11s. Obviously that has not happened, some of which is outwith Warburton's control but that doesn't detract from the poor performances we've seen from big players. I accept your point about Kiernan, it's difficult to argue against and Hill isn't sitting the world alight either. 

Going back to my original point though when 80% - 90% of your team are under performing it can be difficult to manage and change it. Take Wallace for example, and I use him as he is captain and (rightly) POTY from last year. He's not been nearly good enough IMO but do we have a better replacement? I'm not so sure. Would Hodson improve us? Can you drop your captain after a few games? Of course you should be able to and base it on form but dropping your captain could lead to disharmony in the changing room. I'm going off topic here and of course you need a strong manager to lead and make big decisions but my point is it's not always so straight forward to change 5, 6, 7, 8 players without it possibly having an even bigger negative effect on the team. That's why the players just need to get back to fucking basics. They are good players. They just need to fucking show it!

Agree with most of that but the manager is weak if he won't change. Hudson has looked a cracking player when he got a chance and is exactly the type of replacement he could make. Players who know they are in the starting eleven get complacent.

Like i said the buck stops with him , and if he doesn't fix it he will be gone.

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

People blame Hill,  it was Kiernan that played him onside while Hill was trying to play him offside. That is just either Kiernan fucking up, or the backline not communicating.

The whole backline has been a joke for ages and both Warburton and Weir must see it.

6 minutes ago, ayrshireger said:

It's a fucking joke. We've not kicked a ball since we beat the tarriers back in April. 

Ultimately the buck stops with the manager. Hopefully he sorts it out.

lets be honest, on another day the tarriers score about 3 or 4 against us,

This season was always gona be a learning curve. Yes we're Rangers and yes we're expected to win every game, but we've came up all the leagues and without some ridiculous spending we were never gona be as we were before we were demoted. As hard as it is we need to be patient and there will be more results like tonight. The biggest problem is we are the team that everyone wants to beat and until we sign the players that can deal with that we will continue to get results like tonight.  I'm as frustrated as everyone, but we are gona struggle to compete with the filth even more now after them making the champions league and the money that comes with it. It's gona take time but I think we need to stick with Warburton because it'll come good. 

When Rossiter came off and Barton went to the holding role it was the first time in the match we starting driving forward. The game was crying out for MOH's pace on the right with Tav. Unless Barton got an injury with that tackle I cant understand why MW brought on Halliday. We went back in our shell again and Forrester, McKay and Niko just drifted in and out the game. 

Warburton needs to address this soon because the players are more than good enough to be beating teams like Killie by a few goals. Manager is under pressure for the first time I'd say.

Still a bit shell shocked it was car crash football. Painful to watch

To lose Wilson pre match then Joe dodoo so early didnt help what was to follow .

I dont know if boyd actually doing more in this match for them in one game to the ghost that played for us in that last season helped eitheir !

Always remember Neil Mc Cann commenting on tv after a game at the end of the season on the ibrox pitch stating the manager had to have a change of style then the magic hat joined in the after match anaylis and more or less said was sticking to the same tactics  ?

That response could tell neil mc cann was a bit surprised and i was disappointed showing we have a manager not willing to adapt .

To see Michael OHalloran when given the chance has made us look a threat and he,s been ignored still Is just poor management especially against a team down to 10 men.

Lee Wallace wont get dropped no matter how poorly he continues to perform evn his throw in,s are slow plus as our left back &  captain he should be organising that back line but he is part of the problem ?

I know managers have to be loyal to certain players and have players that even if on a run of poor form still continue to play them - but loyalty - bad team selection - poor rigid tactics - are not a good mix.

Looked forward to this season after the toil of the past years - going to keep believing !

The formation is fine, it's the personnel that's letting us down.  We're not getting enough up top from Barrie McKay and Kenny Miller.  We also have a CDM occupying one of our attacking midfield roles.  We need Holt, Windass, and Waghorn to come back and strengthen us midfield to front.  MOH needs to be starting games with Miller on the bench and it's been that way since Hamilton.  We also need another option at left-wing.

4 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

um-no-gif1.gif

griffiths smacked the bar, fod made more saves, we needed a mckay wonder strike to score a second, it was a good feeling playing them off the park, but lets be honest, the minute we got near the box we ran out of ideas, same as we are the now

2 minutes ago, RoyalNavyBlue said:

When Rossiter came off and Barton went to the holding role it was the first time in the match we starting driving forward. The game was crying out for MOH's pace on the right with Tav. Unless Barton got an injury with that tackle I cant understand why MW brought on Halliday. We went back in our shell again and Forrester, McKay and Niko just drifted in and out the game. 

Warburton needs to address this soon because the players are more than good enough to be beating teams like Killie by a few goals. Manager is under pressure for the first time I'd say.

He said in his post match interview he feared Barton would lose his head after the tackle on him and the fans creating an atmosphere etc and at that point didn't want a red card.

Absolutely ludicrous. Barton is experienced AF. He should have stayed on and Miller should have been hooked for MOH. Game was crying out for him.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

griffiths smacked the bar, fod made more saves, we needed a mckay wonder strike to score a second, it was a good feeling playing them off the park, but lets be honest, the minute we got near the box we ran out of ideas, same as we are the now

That's not even counting the sitter from Messi and the miss early on from the lego muncher.

Need to be more direct... And if Plan 'A' ain't working.. we need plan 'B'.  Not doing plan 'A' better.

Improvements needed all round.  Keep the faith Bears... Hard I know... but we have come a long way.  Buck stops with the manager -- and King here.  I expect an immediate improvement. SDOW will know this is not acceptable and will let MW know -- in case he doesn't get it.  He might think 8 pts is ok -- given we've moved up a division -- but nothing short of 12 is ok (tu) 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

He said in his post match interview he feared Barton would lose his head after the tackle on him and the fans creating an atmosphere etc and at that point didn't want a red card.

Absolutely ludicrous. Barton is experienced AF. He should have stayed on and Miller should have been hooked for MOH. Game was crying out for him.

Totally agree. Barton's experience would've kept him on the park easy. If anything he's got a giant target on his back he could've got somebody else sent off