*** Official Post Match Thread.***

BlueBearz1990

Miller quote from the Rangers website today (Sat) "......We need to move the ball quicker; we need to have more penetration, whether that be running forward or passing forward....."

The analysis is not new.   Its been said by MW about previous games this season (and - I think - even towards the end of last season).

It's a pity nobody on the Rangers media team, or maybe even King himself, is turning the statement back round to Miller and MW to ask them why they are turning up game after game to give the same analysis but then not doing anything effective to change the situation.  There are plenty of Supporters asking that question.

If, with his long experience but more to the point the Manager's experience, the Manager and team cannot (or will not) take quick effective action to remedy the problems they have identified then they are in for a long difficult season.  They will be under much closer scrutiny about their abilities and suitability to be at Rangers.   Miller must know this and must know that patience with this sort of repeated performance is going to run out quite fast. 

It's all very well saying what is wrong and what needs to be done.   He is part of the problem.   The real thing is - will they put it right and put it right quickly.  Only they have the power to do this.   But if they continue to flunk on performances and shirk on their responsibilities I'm sure they will feel a lot of pressure from a Support who deserve a whole lot better than is being delivered so far.   I don't think patience is in too much of a supply given the last 4 years.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue is clear, we're not moving the ball quick enough and it's because the selection of Barton & Rossiter together. There seems to be a lack of motivation now, last season our players were all over the pitch, taking short corners, catching teams out. Now we just knock the ball about slowly and predictably, making it easy for the opposition.

We need more creativity and pace in the middle of the pitch, we're missing Holt badly as he gave us that link between midfield and attack perfectly. He's like a ghost the way he drifts in behind and drags players out of position to create more space. We just don't have that with two deep lying central midfielders. 

Up top we seem too static as well but to be fair to the forwards, I can't remember the last time we created a clear cut chance, for a Rangers team that is terrible. We've got the players to roll teams over, MW just isn't picking them together, last night should be a massive wake up call to him but I fear we'll see the same team against Celtic and be on the receiving end of a pumping

I hope Senderos and Wilson are the two first choice defenders going forward as well, never want to see Clint Hill in a Rangers top again