You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Warburton is to blame for where we are, yet the man is untouchable to 90% of our support. We've still outspent everyone bar Celtic, and we do not need to outspend them to win the league. Dont get me wrong i have plenty of issues with King but in terms of tonight and the season so far, divert our anger to Warburton - because where we are right now is on him. 

In 2010/2011, Smiths squad - costing north of £20m and assembled over 5yrs... took 77% of available points (his best total). The season before that... 76% of available points. Season before that.... 75%.

Being realistic, given Smiths benchmark (and is fairly consistent with SPL winners throughout), where do we expect Warburtons squad to be - spending <£5m and built over 15mths, not to mention the not insignificant point of starting from a much lesser position than Smith did, with a club who has plenty mud on our reputation, no carrot of European football, and suffering half a decade of severe neglect?

Assembling a squad on a shoestring might net you 60-65% of available points, but it gets progressively harder.

Another 10% might need £7-8m spent. Another 5% on that.... again another £4-5m... etc, etc. It's about levels, and getting to the next level needs time and/or money.

I do not think Warburton is immune from criticism, but trying to be rational with regards to time and spend. Our squad of that 08-11 era, would fetch £30- £40m if sold, would this squad fetch even half that? Is it realistic to expect them to be competing on a similar level?

We've spent more than Killie and will beat them over a season - convincingly - It would be unacceptable not to. However it's games like tonight that make the difference for those final few %, and we have nowhere near enough quality to be relied on to turn those 1-1 draws into 2-1 wins.

3 hours ago, five stars said:

You have an incredible simplicity understanding of our finances.  The amount we spend in a financial year running the club and the amount we spend on  transfer fees are entirely different. 

You have a short memory, we have been hemorrhaging millions for years. How long did the share money last?,remember the emergency loans from Ashley and chums? 

I don't how much King and Co have invested but an intelligent guess would put it well into 8 figures. 

That investment is called loans and even that's nowhere near enough, so what does that tell you?

4 hours ago, j1mgg said:

It isn't always about money, the teams we have played so far we should be more than capable to beat with the money we are spending on wages.

Woukd like a£2-3m to be spent on a new central defender.

We may be spending more on wages, but that does not equal quality.

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, we need two central defenders.

Although we walked the championship that was more to do with hibs bottling it.  Never been one to wax lyrical about Warburton or King but if both want the continued support of the fans then they need to buck up their ideas big style.  If we can see where the problems lie then so can they...

50 minutes ago, Badger said:

In 2010/2011, Smiths squad - costing north of £20m and assembled over 5yrs... took 77% of available points (his best total). The season before that... 76% of available points. Season before that.... 75%.

Being realistic, given Smiths benchmark (and is fairly consistent with SPL winners throughout), where do we expect Warburtons squad to be - spending <£5m and built over 15mths, not to mention the not insignificant point of starting from a much lesser position than Smith did, with a club who has plenty mud on our reputation, no carrot of European football, and suffering half a decade of severe neglect?

Assembling a squad on a shoestring might net you 60-65% of available points, but it gets progressively harder.

Another 10% might need £7-8m spent. Another 5% on that.... again another £4-5m... etc, etc. It's about levels, and getting to the next level needs time and/or money.

I do not think Warburton is immune from criticism, but trying to be rational with regards to time and spend. Our squad of that 08-11 era, would fetch £30- £40m if sold, would this squad fetch even half that? Is it realistic to expect them to be competing on a similar level?

We've spent more than Killie and will beat them over a season - convincingly - It would be unacceptable not to. However it's games like tonight that make the difference for those final few %, and we have nowhere near enough quality to be relied on to turn those 1-1 draws into 2-1 wins.

good post mate and I get what you are saying. However this is where the club should come forward and state 100% what this seasons aim is not hiding behind this highly competitive sound bite.

I think Warburton and everyone working with the club would accept a comfortable 2nd within 5-10 points of the scum. To me is that acceptable nope but it's certainly understandable when everything is considered first year back etc.

What are the clubs expectations this season that's as a fan all I want to hear.

The acceptance of mediocrity and the fact that folk say "aye well win over the length of a season " shows how far King has made us fall as a support.

Some of yous are like Hamilton fans, accepting mediocrity and pish football. Fuckin boak. Yous will be doing the bouncy for second place. pandering wankers

I agree we really need to spend more on better players and I'm certainly not defending King but the tactics are hopeless.  We have some decent players but we aren't getting the best out of them and for that you have to look at the management team.   Every single dead ball into our box looks like it could end up in our net.  The central defence is utter crap.  We were lucky at Hampden against the dark side but I fear they will totally humiliate us at the Applepine Arena.

25 minutes ago, Willis said:

The acceptance of mediocrity and the fact that folk say "aye well win over the length of a season " shows how far King has made us fall as a support.

Some of yous are like Hamilton fans, accepting mediocrity and pish football. Fuckin boak. Yous will be doing the bouncy for second place. pandering wankers

So it's the supporters fault now? Braindead

We were fragile at the back all last season and are again so far. We do need money spent on two quality centre halves.

That being said how many shots did Harry Forrester have during the game, at least five and not one of them on target. We need a midfielder who can chip in with goals every match.

I thought the three in midfield were poor tonight, even my new bestie Rossiter was poor.

The only players to get pass marks were Tav and Kenny. The rest were very average.

We have battled our way up all these leagues with no money, and once we have arrived where we belong with still no money to spend, it’s still going to be a long road ahead of us.

Supported the Gers for 57 years, and I always will, but we still have a few years ahead of us before we can challenge for this title.

We are the greatest football team ever seen, with the greatest supporters in the world- but we are still mending from the liquidation and our four-year stint in the lower divisions.

I know we all want our team to win every game, but that’s not going to happen with the team we have right now and how we are playing.

We will be back in Europe, we will win the title and those cups, but it’s going to take a few more years.

We need to bring more money into this club and we need to stay in this league and never ever go down again.

If we win 3/4 place this year in the Scottish Premiership – it will be a better place, than we have ever been the last 4 years and then we can start building for next year.

2 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

We have battled our way up all these leagues with no money, and once we have arrived where we belong with still no money to spend, it’s still going to be a long road ahead of us.

Supported the Gers for 57 years, and I always will, but we still have a few years ahead of us before we can challenge for this title.

We are the greatest football team ever seen, with the greatest supporters in the world- but we are still mending from the liquidation and our four-year stint in the lower divisions.

I know we all want our team to win every game, but that’s not going to happen with the team we have right now and how we are playing.

We will be back in Europe, we will win the title and those cups, but it’s going to take a few more years.

We need to bring more money into this club and we need to stay in this league and never ever go down again.

If we win 3/4 place this year in the Scottish Premiership – it will be a better place, than we have ever been the last 4 years and then we can start building for next year.

3/4 place is an utter disgrace and a total embarrassment. If that happens the manager will be gone and King n his cronies chased to fuck

11 hours ago, The_Blue_Flash said:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. :hanged:

11 hours ago, danger ranger said:

You can always catch a thief but you will never catch a liar.

What's with all the analogies? Let's just say it how it is....

11 hours ago, five stars said:

King out, get green and whyte instead!?! 

STFU ya rocket

3 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

We were fragile at the back all last season and are again so far. We do need money spent on two quality centre halves.

That being said how many shots did Harry Forrester have during the game, at least five and not one of them on target. We need a midfielder who can chip in with goals every match.

I thought the three in midfield were poor tonight, even my new bestie Rossiter was poor.

The only players to get pass marks were Tav and Kenny. The rest were very average.

Pass marks for miller, he was fucking anonymous in the second half 

26 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

2nd place is never acceptable at rangers , third and fourth place is scandalous 

How much does DK allocate to MW?

Does this budget have to cover youth development and scouting?

How much of MW's budget is allocated to strengthening the first team?

What is the current wage bill for players?

What is the current wage cap for players?

6 hours ago, Willis said:

At this juncture, second is being optimistic.