You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

It's not as far as I know. The guys behind LB & Dingwall hate each other. I've not logged into FF in months, it doesn't work on my phone so I don't use it but if there were any posts since they must have changed their stance. 

The LB twitter account has had various digs at FF & MD for not allowing them to post on it. 

I'm sure you know better though... ;) 

I'd know better if you can't log on surely, i still get on fine.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think MW wishes someone had made an offer good enough for him to accept and leave. He knows deep down that we are going to struggle this season and cheap over age and free transfers will not do it this season.

14 minutes ago, Daz said:

I actually think MW wishes someone had made an offer good enough for him to accept and leave. He knows deep down that we are going to struggle this season and cheap over age and free transfers will not do it this season.

Must give you a raging stauner seeing 'Rangers fans' agree...

Clutching at straws here but.......

.....is there any chance we've got a (modest) pot of gold we're keeping back until closer to the transfer window closing ? The Premiership teams and other sides in more affluent leagues are doing the big business, getting their squads in order.....and as the window draws closer it becomes clearer which players in bigger leagues are going to be surplus to requirements. At that point there may be an opportunity to get players for more modest fees, whether it be permanent or loan deals.

Perhaps not. But I don't think we can make final judgements until the window slams shut.

1 hour ago, Daz said:

I actually think MW wishes someone had made an offer good enough for him to accept and leave. He knowif deep down that we are going to struggle this season and cheap over age and free transfers will not do it this season.

We have hardly playyed this season and still unbeaten, a resukt against the Tims and this thread will be fun to read back, IF at xmas we are bottom half then you could be right. Im sure all the draws we will get this year will come back to bite us but to right us off this early Is mental.

1 hour ago, Daz said:

I actually think MW wishes someone had made an offer good enough for him to accept and leave. He knowif deep down that we are going to struggle this season and cheap over age and free transfers will not do it this season.

We have hardly playyed this season and still unbeaten, a resukt against the Tims and this thread will be fun to read back, IF at xmas we are bottom half then you could be right. Im sure all the draws we will get this year will come back to bite us but to right us off this early Is mental.

6 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Even when/if we do "look forward not back".I.

All this doom and gloom pish does my baws In, we need to get real and continue to supporin  our club as one, there was always going to be setbacks to get over, we are IN a blimp at the moment but havent been beat , what has happened to the "iTs good to pick up points while your playing shite attitude" ?

4 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Well, it obviously isn't, so I don't why you're proclaiming it may be.

We've been running at losses for half a decade. Why do idiots like you think every penny of ST money should be spent on players? ST cash is the Iife blood of the club, always has been always will be. It's there to pay for everything. Not to pay for new players if our costs are higher than our income. It's the ultimate irony cunts like you bang on incessantly about business practice's of board members while offering such a retarded alternative. 

Your out of order with the name calling :redcard:

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

All this doom and gloom pish does my baws In, we need to get real and continue to supporin  our club as one, there was always going to be setbacks to get over, we are IN a blimp at the moment but havent been beat , what has happened to the "iTs good to pick up points while your playing shite attitude" ?

I'm still learning. It's all Dave Kings fault. I'm a little hesitant to jump in on this new 'it's all Warburtons fault too'. I'll give it go, Fuck Warbo, but it doesn't feel right.

If you're ever in doubt find the staunchest, stupidest proddie on RM and just agree. That tends to get me through the day.

7 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I'm still learning. It's all Dave Kings fault. I'm a little hesitant to jump in on this new 'it's all Warburtons fault too'. I'll give it go, Fuck Warbo, but it doesn't feel right.

If you're ever in doubt find the staunchest, stupidest proddie on RM and just agree. That tends to get me through the day.

Nearly hit the like button :)

1 hour ago, ScotBear said:

Clutching at straws here but.......

.....is there any chance we've got a (modest) pot of gold we're keeping back until closer to the transfer window closing ? The Premiership teams and other sides in more affluent leagues are doing the big business, getting their squads in order.....and as the window draws closer it becomes clearer which players in bigger leagues are going to be surplus to requirements. At that point there may be an opportunity to get players for more modest fees, whether it be permanent or loan deals.

Perhaps not. But I don't think we can make final judgements until the window slams shut.

Warburton has said a few times now he only needs one more player and he probably thought that was going to be Senderos. If that turns out not to be the case we'll be running around like headless chickens trying to get a loan player in before the window shuts.

Potentially last night might have changed his thinking and he'll try and get Senderos and another loan player in but I can't see anymore fees being paid out given the start we have had.

46 minutes ago, piperpete said:

The next game against the scum will decide our fate.

They won the league at a canter last season, with both a shite team and a shite manager. They have now stepped it up in both departments and earned themselves a cool £30 mil into the bargain. Whilst we are cash strapped, we still have the second highest budget in the game and the rest of this league is dross, so if we can't beat them then there is little chance of winning it, as I doubt they will drop many points against the lower teams.

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The next game against the scum will deItide our fate.

They won the league at a canter last season, with both a shite team and a shite manager. They have now stepped it up in both departments and earned themselves a cool £30 mil into the bargain. Whilst we are cash strapped, we still have the second highest budget in the game and ithe rest of this league is dross, so if we can't beat them then there is little chance of winning it, as I doubt they will drop many points against the lower teams.

We couldnt do a thing about them winning the league or winning the 30m, IT Is what It Is. Were we ever going to mount a real challenge In the first season back ? Yes I would love It to happen but we will need all our new players to hit the ground running and so far this hasnt happened, with them In the champions league It will stretch them and hopefully that can buy us points. We as you say will need to beat them to hold on to their shirt tails until we are up and running.

Every team we face will be giving 110% trying to put us In our place which will mean every match will be a cup final, this Is not to say they wont try against the Tims just that the games wont be as Intense as ours. We need to get In a good center half who attacks everything and clears the area as we have 3 at the moment who cant header the ball 15 yards and head IT Into the "D" at the 18 yard box putting us under pressure everytime. Its like going back when we played the Tims when Bobo played as he did the same and our midfield knew this and picked up loads of 2nd balls and punishedthem, we are being punished as we were last season through the middle  by not clearing our lines.

4 minutes ago, piperpete said:

We couldnt do a thing about them winning the league or winning the 30m, IT Is what It Is. Were we ever going to mount a real challenge In the first season back ? Yes I would love It to happen but we will need all our new players to hit the ground running and so far this hasnt happened, with them In the champions league It will stretch them and hopefully that can buy us points. We as you say will need to beat them to hold on to their shirt tails until we are up and running.

Every team we face will be giving 110% trying to put us In our place which will mean every match will be a cup final, this Is not to say they wont try against the Tims just that the games wont be as Intense as ours. We need to get In a good center half who attacks everything and clears the area as we have 3 at the moment who cant header the ball 15 yards and head IT Into the "D" at the 18 yard box putting us under pressure everytime. Its like going back when we played the Tims when Bobo played as he did the same and our midfield knew this and picked up loads of 2nd balls and punishedthem, we are being punished as we were last season through the middle  by not clearing our lines.

17 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Well he has been lording it with the going for 55 stuff so let's see you actually spend some money on that shambles of a defence King because if you don't you will be chased out the gates.

The problem with chasing him is who will replace him?

Nobody with any sort of money exactly threw themselves forward before in our hour of need.

I think, for the moment at least, we are stuck with him and we will have to accept that the budget will be determined by our earnings

3 hours ago, theclothmonster said:

Our budget dwarfs that of every club in Scotland with the exception of the phaedos. That was always going to be the case coming from where we have been the last few years. Our financial position is not to blame for the bad form and results since the semi. What I would say is that the money DK said would be available for the January window has to be added to this window in acquiring at least one decent CB. No point keeping money back for the January window if the league is over by the time it comes around, which it will be if the CB pairing isn't sorted.

The only problem is that our costs dwarf our budget.

That is not sustainable no matter what every other club does