You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

Just now, folkestoneger said:

The only problem is that our costs dwarf our budget.

That is not sustainable no matter what every other club does

I'm not asking for more money from the board, I only suggested using the money King said was there for January now to bring in a quality CB. My point was that the budget we have should be more than enough to see off the likes of Kilmarnock and Hamilton, you can't really blame the board for the poor performances against bottom table teams.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, theclothmonster said:

He said in an interview money was there in January if MW needed it, that's what i'm referencing.

I read that mate but the way i see it in January if clubs have the same defensive problems it will be hard for us to get anyone in.

Lets not hit the panic button just yet lads. After all, the club is still running at a loss. Do we really want to get into £10 million debt just to try and win the league? 

Lets get Rangers on a level footing financially.

Anyone thinks we are winning this league needs their heads checked.

My biggest worry is that even if we had money MW wouldn't spend it as he is passionate about  developing young players.

Secondly we don't have any money.

Thirdly they have a proper manager now.

We won't even finish in the top 3 this season.

The new signings are shite and we are weaker than last season.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Are facts stupid, you ignoramus twot.

no your are stupid, facts are not. Thats the first time in 24 years that the champions of england were non one of the top spenders , since leeds won it. for the 10 seasons up until 2015 36 times out of 40 the highest wage spenders in England finished in the top 4.

Theres your facts boy

Perhaps you are happy with winning the league once or twice a decade, I'm not. Have some ambition FFS

King and his tight arse is just one part of the problem.

The people who says we should still beating Kilmarnock regardless are correct too.

King and his mob are lying bastards. This can't even be a surprise to anyone anymore.

My biggest annoyance is how can Kris Boyd play off the shoulders of our defenders, outpace them despite being about 20 stone and finish like that. It sums up everything that's wrong with us at the moment.

I'm sick hearing Warburton say the same nonsense after every game. Nothing is ever done about it.

If we never beat the fenians last season serious questions would be getting asked about everyone from management to the players to the custodians. Maybe it's time to start asking these questions ...

48 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

no your are stupid, facts are not. Thats the first time in 24 years that the champions of england were non one of the top spenders , since leeds won it. for the 10 seasons up until 2015 36 times out of 40 the highest wage spenders in England finished in the top 4.

Theres your facts boy

Perhaps you are happy with winning the league once or twice a decade, I'm not. Have some ambition FFS

lol your are stupid  :belm:

The thread title is  "You win nothing on the cheap mr king"

Well Leicester did win something on the relative cheap(as did Hibs in Scotland) & that is undeniable fact, the rest of the post is blah, blah blah.

Our teams balance is clearly all over the shop, we are still struggling to find the best players for our formation, our own Andy Halliday takes a fair bit of stick but last year when playing in the holding position that we were so desperate to fill he was doing as good a job in there as either Barton or Rossiter have done in the position this season so far, he was also linking brilliantly with wee Barrie on the left which was helping Wallace to push up the park so much better last year, wee Holt was dropping in to help when needed, as well as linking middle to front much better than we have done this year. They all seemed to know their roles better.

Our midfield is way, way to static now, with Barton and Rossiter playing too deep much of the time & almost stepping on each others toes at times, unless they can adapt there`s only one position available between them that`s for sure.

Get more dynamic players back in the middle of the park( Windass looked the part, hopefully big Crooks will too) and we`ll see an instant improvement in the way we are playing & the results will also improve again.

I can only hope MW is given the time to bed the new guys but it seems only a matter of time till the howls of derision start by the looks of it. We have the players, we just need to figure out the best way to deploy them imo.

For all it`s been disappointing the league isn't won or lost in August & I still genuinely believe that one more decent CH will see us there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

No Surrender!

I said at the end of last season too that it's Roy of the Rovers stuff expecting to fill a team full of freebies without spending decent money and expect it to get us the benefits we deserve. If it was that easy every team would be doing it.

There's a balance to be had. You do need to spend, but spend wisely.

The signings we've made with the exception of Windass has slowed down our play and makes us unrecogniseable or are squad options like Hodson and Gilks and Dodoo.

15 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

What defines 'Real Rangers supporters'? 

Not settling for second

Wanting the absolute best for the club

Having the willingness to put hands in pocket, relative to wealth, if the club needed it or the opportunity to do so arose.

Traditionally you could have said character and moral fortitude, we haven't seen much of that in the boardroom since Mr Marlborough, sadly thats been replaced by the need to be vigilant about the procession of shysters who have held and hold the reigns at the club since.

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 9:55 PM, KingKirk said:

Dig deep or fuck off ya roaster. Cunts getting away with murder at our club. Not a question asked cause he's a "Rangers man"

all optimism gone for me were in for a long hard season.

we have had the wool pulled over our eyes big style this summer

Why don't  you criticise the man who is actually responsible for the team and that performance. Our squad should be well capable of beating a team of kids and only ten men for half an hour. Warburton may not have the millions youd like but it's not Kings fault we've regressed dramatically since the old firm semi . 

11 hours ago, gersandy said:

Lets not hit the panic button just yet lads. After all, the club is still running at a loss. Do we really want to get into £10 million debt just to try and win the league? 

Lets get Rangers on a level footing financially.

No but King set himself up for questions by going on about how we had to spend 20-30 million on transfers when he was trying to buy in

12 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Theres your facts boy

Boy - who the fuck are you speaking to ya fucking turd.  The facts are that Leicester have won it - are they are the current champions - and I would be happy with Rangers winning it now, and accepted as the current champions of the SPFL.

By the way, go get fucked; ffs

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Boy - who the fuck are you speaking to ya fucking turd.  The facts are that Leicester have won it - are they are the current champions - and I would be happy with Rangers winning it now, and accepted as the current champions of the SPFL.

The facts are teams that don't spend money win the league every 20 years, that's not acceptable for Rangers.

stupid turd

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Cutting about like a boss

method=get&s=conor-mcgregor-gif.gif

14 hours ago, calio said:

lol your are stupid  :belm:

The thread title is  "You win nothing on the cheap mr king"

Well Leicester did win something on the relative cheap(as did Hibs in Scotland) & that is undeniable fact, the rest of the post is blah, blah blah.

Our teams balance is clearly all over the shop, we are still struggling to find the best players for our formation, our own Andy Halliday takes a fair bit of stick but last year when playing in the holding position that we were so desperate to fill he was doing as good a job in there as either Barton or Rossiter have done in the position this season so far, he was also linking brilliantly with wee Barrie on the left which was helping Wallace to push up the park so much better last year, wee Holt was dropping in to help when needed, as well as linking middle to front much better than we have done this year. They all seemed to know their roles better.

Our midfield is way, way to static now, with Barton and Rossiter playing too deep much of the time & almost stepping on each others toes at times, unless they can adapt there`s only one position available between them that`s for sure.

Get more dynamic players back in the middle of the park( Windass looked the part, hopefully big Crooks will too) and we`ll see an instant improvement in the way we are playing & the results will also improve again.

I can only hope MW is given the time to bed the new guys but it seems only a matter of time till the howls of derision start by the looks of it. We have the players, we just need to figure out the best way to deploy them imo.

For all it`s been disappointing the league isn't won or lost in August & I still genuinely believe that one more decent CH will see us there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

No Surrender!

Still got your tongue up Kings arse! ?

42 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

The facts are teams that don't spend money win the league every 20 years, that's not acceptable for Rangers.

stupid turd

Did I say it did you arsewipe - I stated that Leicester won the league with fuck all budget - I never even mentioned it was suitable for Rangers.  Now fuck off and go and irritate someone else.

What has not been mentioned in this tit for tat thread David Cunningham King was a member of the original board who led our institution into the Whyte fiasco.

I believe King has the best intentions for our club be it through guilt or duty, his main fault was his mouth and his 'children's inheritance' declaration, it would now appear this was said to win favour with the support.

DK: It wouldn’t be a loan. It would be equity. The club wouldn’t have to repay it.

I have lost £20m in Rangers already and I’m happy to lose another £30m because I love 
the team.

I don’t want to be arrogant but it might be easier for me to lose £30m than it is for some fans to afford season tickets.

Some of them struggle to put shoes on their kids’ feet but they buy season tickets because they love Rangers. I am the same. I just happen to be in a more fortunate position and I want to do something about it. I am not going away

25/3/14.

So if Warburton won't spend a proportion of King's money can we really blame David Cunningham King member of the original board:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

Still got your tongue up Kings arse! ?

Couldn't possibly comment on that wee Al, at least until I find out what your Lundy mate Young Will has to say about it first. :hanged:

Seeing as you have been his chief bugle blower  maybe you could post up his blog? Bet you'll have missed blowing his quilled tip  *sad face*

What Rangers hater is he interviewing for his tarrier readership this week? I've heard a rumour it's a cardinal O'Brian & philth mcgillivan double act!

You'll love that Alphonse.

Most on here will know fine well that I backed Dave King & the 3 bears to take control back from the last incumbents, you trying to use that as an insult says more about you than it does me.

We both know that you'd be far happier with the last lot still raping the arse off our Club if it meant King and co hadn't wrestled control back.

I'd imagine that's why many of us see you post your usual nonsense & simply think 'turd

Do you know Al Capone was tested before his death and found to have the mental ability of a 12 yr old! I always wondered why you chose the name of a fat Fenian, tax dodging cunt for your user name ?

17 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Well, it obviously isn't, so I don't why you're proclaiming it may be.

We've been running at losses for half a decade. Why do idiots like you think every penny of ST money should be spent on players? ST cash is the Iife blood of the club, always has been always will be. It's there to pay for everything. Not to pay for new players if our costs are higher than our income. It's the ultimate irony cunts like you bang on incessantly about business practice's of board members while offering such a retarded alternative. 

I made similar arguments when people were getting slaughtered for not boycotting season tickets because the Easdales were in charge

For what it's worth I agree we need to be realistic with the finances and not go down the chasing the dream route again, but King was hyperbolic about the amount of money we were going to spend in previous interviews and I think he's gotten off lightly for it compared to others like Green because he's seen as a Rangers man