You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King has fooled many. But tonight we were playing against primarily boys and nobodies.

Warburton picked the wrong starting 11. Again. Too many underperformed again. 

Neither the defence midfield nor attack played well as units, nor did the team as a whole.

Tonight was against Kilmarnock, that's fuck all to do with King and everything to do with Warburton and his team.

Fucking embarrassing, especially against 10 men for 30 + minutes.

3 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

It isn't always about money, the teams we have played so far we should be more than capable to beat with the money we are spending on wages.

Woukd like a£2-3m to be spent on a new central defender.

better standard of player turns that point into three and can inspire those around him to a higher level.

Pathetic post. Are people's memories that short? Should we go back to the days of overspending to beat dross? 

We should be beating Kilmarnock comfortably with the squad we have. 

We spend 10x as much as every other team in Scotland apart from celtic.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well he has been lording it with the going for 55 stuff so let's see you actually spend some money on that shambles of a defence King because if you don't you will be chased out the gates.

I wish mate but king has his seat at the big table for life or unless his people (all these fans reps) give him the all clear to sell up

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

3 games v Kilmarnock since the gaffer has arrived not one win in 90mins good enough you say doubt it

That's the point I'm making. The buck has to stop with Warburton on this one. 

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

That's the point I'm making. The buck has to stop with Warburton on this one. 

each must take the share of blame but 42k ST holders have been shafted this summer. Kranjcar barton and rossiter have been brought in to try and hide the fact no large amount of cash has been spent. Whilst they are good players we need another 4/5 of that standard and it aint happened

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Fair enough mate but equally King has made promises about investment that he hasn't came through with yet.

Well in that case he is a liar and deserves criticism for this.

id rather he came out and said he hadn't a pot to piss in than fabricate story's that mislead the fans.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

each must take the share of blame but 42k ST holders have been shafted this summer. Kranjcar barton and rossiter have been brought in to try and hide the fact no large amount of cash has been spent. Whilst they are good players we need another 4/5 of that standard and it aint happened

Do you have any idea of how much has been invested by King and Co.?

I agree you win nothing on the cheap.   But if what King means by 'win' is not 55 this season but winning a European slot (and maybe a cup) then 'on the cheap' might do the trick.  Trouble is I suspect the vast majority of the Support define winning as meaning winning 55 this season.  I know I do.   If King is taking a lesser standard than winning 55 then he has arguably put himself on a course which will lead to significant pressure from a fair chunk of the Support.  And MW will have aligned himself with that lesser standard too.  As will the squad,   MW talking repeatedly about the team being 'more than competitive' sounds fine and dandy but if it really means something less than winning 55 this season then King and MW are likely to come in for a lot of scrutiny.   At present we have the appearance of being materially less than competitive.

Been critical of MW from the start as he was a relatively unknown quantity and its now becoming apparent what happened at Brentford - he didn't have a plan B and expected other teams wouldn't realise how to break him down. He's been found out by a few teams now and if he can't change drastically and quickly then it's going to be a fight for fourth place for us. Seasons already a write off in terms of winning imo and while i don't fear the OF i am worried about playing the sheep as they play a fast game like us but can adapt in a game. We're not good enough and money IS needed to change that. 

There is more than just players to spend money on. For 4 years now the whole infa structure of our club has been run down and neglected. At least it's being addressed now. King isn't my favorite person in the world but who else wanted involved. Money has been spent on players . The board have sanctioned transfers beyond what I expected but for whatever reason the team are not gelling. No urgency till it's too late, wrong team selection, starting to go long because there is no invention . All that is down to the manager and coaches. They have been found wanting a little. The squad we have should piss all over killie etc . The honeymoon is over let's see if they can respond.