Management

black75

2 holding midfield players?  What's that about? It smacks of playing high profile signings rather than your best team. His excuse re subbing Barton was frankly absurd and it comes across as if he doesn't know how to handle the high profile signings.

He had some quick wins last year as the entire squad mcoist left was rubbish. However, despite the signings this year we haven't kicked on. It's fair to say doubts are creeping in.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Hondansx said:

Has he underestimated the top league? Getting in old shite and expecting a challenge? WTF is going on. Pre emptive panic, but something needs done. 

Well he stated he wasn't going to go and watch the opposition but I think he needs to reevaluate that. 

And probably they'll not play like that against anyone else, as has been stated the big boys are back and all the others will try to raise their game, Boyd sprinting ffs etc.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

2 holding midfield players?  What's that about? It smacks of playing high profile signings rather than your best team. His excuse re subbing Barton was frankly absurd and it comes across as if he doesn't know how to handle the high profile signings.

He had some quick wins last year as the entire squad mcoist left was rubbish. However, despite the signings this year we haven't kicked on. It's fair to say doubts are creeping in.

I'm not a manager but when I seen the two holding midfielders playing I did think that'll probably be because of there next game. Wouldn't surprise me to see both of them playing against them. They don't have much game time with each other and that's a worry. The tactics he's adopted in the previous games could be due to this. 

5 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

Embarrassing. 4 games in and the usual suspects have the knives out.

It will be the same ones on here hanging out of Warburtons arse when things are going well again.

Bheastly behaviour.

Totally agree, some of the comments re sacking are fucking deplorable!

Why bring on a holding midfielder, who isn't a holding midfielder, on against 10 men when your going for a goal. why not fling moh on and fucking go for it. Kilmarnock were holding on for a point yet we still continued with a fucking cdm. Get the finger oot Rangers and give us a performance at Torbett Towers

For me it would be absolute madness to change our manager. 

He comes across as an intelligent man who is attempting to change our footballing philosophy from the youth level through to the first team and I remain confident that given time and patience he will deliver real success to Rangers. 

The alternative is going back to the days reckless spending  by gambling on recouping the cash on CL qualification.

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Am I right in saying that, apart from the stupid Betfred cup games this season, we've kept 1 clean sheet since we beat Dundee :anguish:? that's fucking grim

Eh, so if we won every fucking game 2-1 you'd still be fucking moaning?

55 minutes ago, soulboy said:

He said in the presser on wed he hasn't found the best starting line up yet. It hasn't helped Waggy Holt and Windass being out and some players loss of form.

Sacked is probably a bit extreme, but it needs to look as if he's thinking a little bit harder.

As for the absentees - Holt hasn't kicked his own arse for 8 months & Windass is unproven. 

It would be nice if they could turn it, but I won't be holding my breath.

31 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He comes across as an intelligent man who is attempting to change our footballing philosophy from the youth level through to the first team and I remain confident that given time and patience he will deliver real success to Rangers. 

The alternative is going back to the days reckless spending  by gambling on recouping the cash on CL qualification.

No the alternative is going to a manager who is comfortable playing different systems and formations to suit each individual match and react during to say this isn't working.

Someone who can rotate players and see when people are not performing and drop them.

He is running the thin line of being the nice guy and also having clear favourites who he stands by no matter of performance or result.

We could be doing with an experienced, no nonsense manager who speaks his mind, tells them when they are shite and doesn't spout this pish if plan a or do plan a better.

19 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Catch 22 - there is NO cash without CL qualification.

Pick the bones out of that....

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Sacked is probably a bit extreme, but it needs to look as if he's thinking a little bit harder.

As for the absentees - Holt hasn't kicked his own arse for 8 months & Windass is unproven. 

It would be nice if they could turn it, but I won't be holding my breath.

Bollox, up until he got injured the wee man was one of our best players!

1 minute ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Can't believe that utter cluster fuck of a game, it's ruined my weekend. 

That's the problem with Friday night fitba - it's great when we win, gets the whole thing off to a shite start if we don't.

1 minute ago, Teamgers said:

Bollox, up until he got injured the wee man was one of our best players!

You're spot on - up till he got injured - just after Xmas.

After that, not so much.

Now, count back to Xmas - almost exactly 8 months.

I've said it before, I'm far from convinced that Warburton's managerial experience was a suitable apprenticeship for a club the size of Rangers. 18 months at Brentford with low expectations, yet still binned by the owner due to his reluctance to change his philosophy. A few games into the season, the transfer window away to close and we seem to have no discernible style of play or even by his own admission, a first choice starting 11. There can be no excuses for loading the squad with utility attackers with no real plan on how to utilise them whilst ignoring our defensive problems for the past 6 months at least. I'm not even talking about bringing players in, but surely a good coach should be able to work with defenders of albeit limited ability and at least make sure they can handle the basics such as marking and communication. After all, he did sign the all of them bar Wallace. He's done some good things, but no more that the majority of Rangers fans were already crying out for, just because things were dire under McCoist doesn't mean that Warburton deserves blind faith when the warning signs appear to be there already.

Just now, HG5 said:

You're spot on - up till he got injured - just after Xmas.

After that, not so much.

Now, count back to Xmas - almost exactly 8 months.

I agree, but his injury has hampered him, he came in a week or so ago as a sub and has now been injured again.