Management

black75

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

Embarrassing. 4 games in and the usual suspects have the knives out.

It will be the same ones on here hanging out of Warburtons arse when things are going well again.

Bheastly behaviour.

Did you miss all the post match threads last season discussing the same points? Or have you just ignored them as it gets in the way of the point you are making?

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Are people actually being serious when they are saying that Warburton should be sacked? :unsure:

I'd give him until the first round of games against each club. If we're considerably behind Celtic and even worse chasing Aberdeen n Hearts then he has to go. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Are people actually being serious when they are saying that Warburton should be sacked? :unsure:

He's not exactly setting the heather alight :disappointment:

Doesn't seem to have the answers, he needs to get a bit of form into the team, he reminds me of Delila at the moment.

2 hours ago, black75 said:

If any clubs come in for him I would not be that bothered if he was off, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

• What and go back to typical Scottish kick and rush. Behave ffs. Warburton will build us a successful side worth watching if given time and financial backing. The whole infrastructure at the club was in need of being modernised but it takes time and/or lots of money. We don't have much of both but it would be madness not to back the man. Next people will be shouting for Mcinnes.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I'd give him until the first round of games against each club. If we're considerably behind Celtic and even worse chasing Aberdeen n Hearts then he has to go. 

Wednesday 26th October. We play St Johnstone and will have played everyone once. 

I'll judge him then, but if it's a continuation of the first 4 games then sorry he has to go.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I personally don't think he'll be sacked but he might walk if things go pair shaped in the next few months.

He already looks under severe pressure even this early in the season.

11 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

I agree, but his injury has hampered him, he came in a week or so ago as a sub and has now been injured again.

I know.

For me, he has the best football brain in our squad, so I always want him to do well (and it pains me a lot when he doesn't).

I worry that he may not have the physical attributes to hang in there - hopefully he'll be back ready soon enough & we can see how he gets on.

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

I personally don't think he'll be sacked but he might walk if things go pair shaped in the next few months.

He already looks under severe pressure even this early in the season.

I'm hoping your not serious! Let's take a reality check guys!

People that are saying Warburton should be sacked are disgrace if was not for Warburton we would not be in SPFL and he also got in Scottish Cup final so he done brillant job with us so far .Problem is at the moment we need change way we play because everyone knows how we play and also we need Waghorn Windass and Holt all match fit we need them back a.s.a.p . Also Dave King said he only after European Quilfication this season and then next Season go for title . I think we still got good chance being in Europe next season .Also I think we should start O halloran and drop Miller .To people that shouting for Warburton to go who you suggesting we get to replace him ? Because I doubt we can get anyone better than him .

7 minutes ago, Daz said:

I'm hoping your not serious! Let's take a reality check guys!

The reality is Rangers have been dire for 8 months now not just this season.

The 2 games in the Scottish cup aside it's been on a par with Ally's team since the turn of the year.

33 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Catch 22 - there is NO cash without CL qualification.

Pick the bones out of that....

Agree to an extent, though a realistic alternative would as appears to be occurring now by bringing in decent young  English players such as Rossiter and Windass, then developing them and selling them on. 

The current management team look like the right men to do this IMO.

15 minutes ago, William McBeath said:
  • What and go back to typical Scottish kick and rush. Behave ffs. Warburton will build us a successful side worth watching if given time and financial backing. The whole infrastructure at the club was in need of being modernised but it takes time and/or lots of money. We don't have much of both but it would be madness not to back the man. Next people will be shouting for Mcinnes.

Taking time to change infrastructure is ok.

At top team level, there is a very specific deadline in which the tarriers need to be stopped.

That places NO reliance on infrastructure - who, if anyone, develops all or most of their top team players?

An Ajax style culture will be nice, but if that comes at the expense of that lot getting 10 in a row, it will kill me and a lot of other, better Bears.

So, sort the main aim out, and get on with the side game in the background.

Edit - Oh, 'revamping the infrastructure' is business speak for frittering around at the edges, while not addressing the real issues.

3 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

People that are saying Warburton should be sacked are disgrace if was not for Warburton we would not be in SPFL and he also got in Scottish Cup final so he done brillant job with us so far .Problem is at the moment we need change way we play because everyone knows how we play and also we need Waghorn Windass and Holt all match fit we need them back a.s.a.p . Also Dave King said he only after European Quilfication this season and then next Season go for title . I think we still got good chance being in Europe next season .Also I think we should start O halloran and drop Miller .To people that shouting for Warburton to go who you suggesting we get to replace him ? Because I doubt we can get anyone better than him .

I agree, not ready for the chop but he has lost the magic, there's a long way to go, I'll be happy with a place in Europe next season but on our present form we will struggle to achieve that

A good result next game will change all that (tu)

4 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

Yes and on current form we're in a dog fight with Aberdeen and Hearts not to finish 4th.

Yes he established a very creative team lastvseasob and rightfully received plenty of praise. Last season is not the issue, it's the here and now and its clear he either isn't capable of fielding a team at this level or just too stubborn to admit his system isn't working because as you point out it needs changed but nothing is changing. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yes and on current form we're in a dog fight with Aberdeen and Hearts not to finish 4th.

Yes he established a very creative team lastvseasob and rightfully received plenty of praise. Last season is not the issue, it's the here and now and its clear he either isn't capable of fielding a team at this level or just too stubborn to admit his system isn't working because as you point out it needs changed but nothing is changing. 

Hopefully tonights result will be kick up the arse for him and this only a bad start but then I have seen starting worse and winning the title just have see how it works out .

5 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Agree to an extent, though a realistic alternative would as appears to be occurring now by bringing in decent young  English players such as Rossiter and Windass, then developing them and selling them on. 

The current management team look like the right men to do this IMO.

The likes of the lads are fine,Rossiter  looks good, I know someone who's played with the other, so I'll reserve judgement til I've seen a bit of him! But yes, the way forward.

Not so sure with the older end.

Like it or not, our league rewards athleticism & 'engine'.

Noted many other posters who've commented that our play is way slower than last year.

Not sure if we have a blend that will suit us - could we have got guys with similar experience, but a bit more energy at the 'experienced' end of our signings?

5 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

Hopefully tonights result will be kick up the arse for him and this only a bad start but then I have seen starting worse and winning the title just have see how it works out .

Difference is m8, in the past we had squads that could match or better the scum, I have my doubts if we have enough quality to match them over the course.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I agree that our early form has been poor but we're just 4 games in, still looking to add to our squad and have players who haven't participated in the league due to injuries so for me it's far too early to even begin to talk about dog fights for league positions.

A couple of good results and everything changes.

5 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

That's the thing, it's all if this changes, but nothing is or will. 

Or form since Dundee cup match last season in March we played 9 matches, 7 league games and won only 3 of them. Drew with Celtic on semi n lost cup final. Hardly great stats.

Then we start this season with few wins against lower league teams but struggled hugely in league matches against teams we should beat.

It's pretty poor.

17 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

The reality is Rangers have been dire for 8 months now not just this season.

The 2 games in the Scottish cup aside it's been on a par with Ally's team since the turn of the year.

Totally agree, but talk of MW being sacked or walking away is ludicrous. 

19 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

Getting to the cup final was a disgrace when we got to play a team  from our division, who couldn't even see our smoke, yet we let them get their greatest result in 100+ years.

So less of the 'brilliant job so far'.

Adequate enough in terms of getting us up.

But didn't even match Hertz from the year before in any objective measure.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I agree that our early form has been poor but we're just 4 games in, still looking to add to our squad and have players who haven't participated in the league due to injuries so for me it's far too early to even begin to talk about dog fights for league positions.

A couple of good results and everything changes.

I don't think it's too early to say that when the performances so far have just continued on from the tail end of last season with the worrying inclusion of a reduction in movement and passing and an increase in longer balls.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Getting to the cup final was a disgrace when we got to play a team  from our division, who couldn't even see our smoke, yet we let them get their greatest result in 100+ years.

So less of the 'brilliant job so far'.

Adequate enough in terms of getting us up.

But didn't even match Hertz from the year before in any objective measure.

He still got us to final yeah we might of not of won it but was still our first Scottish cup final in 7 years at least we were at the final and also he knocked the tims out of the cup so we did well in Scottish Cup . It just the final that was the disgrace.