Management

black75

19 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I agree, not ready for the chop but he has lost the magic, there's a long way to go, I'll be happy with a place in Europe next season but on our present form we will struggle to achieve that

A good result next game will change all that (tu)

A good result in the next match will be very much a game changer!

Will do wonders for the squad, restore a lot of faith among us & will sow a lot of seeds of doubt among that lot!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pace or energy in midfield is the issue.

Barton has been shit. Rossiter doesn't offer enough. Both are "meh". Don't defend enough or create enough. Can't understand why both start together.

I'd honestly take Holt and Halliday in the middle with Shiels and Law as backup over the performances being produced by the current midfield.

The quicker Holt and Windass are back the better! 

Also if I was MOH I'd hand in a transfer request. Not given a chance at all.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

RiTaking time to change infrastructure is ok.

At top team level, there is a very specific deadline in which the tarriers need to be stopped.

That places NO reliance on infrastructure - who, if anyone, develops all or most of their top team players?

An Ajax style culture will be nice, but if that comes at the expense of that lot getting 10 in a row, it will kill me and a lot of other, better Bears.

So, sort the main aim out, and get on with the side game in the background.

Yeah I realise that but think people are jumping the gun massively here only a few games into the season with the likes of Crooks and Windass to come back. But I think the state of Delia has got too many of our hopes up that we would just swagger back into action straight away. Warburtons a good manager and it would kill me to give up the chance of seeing progressive football by going for some typical manager. I like the way we often play but do think we need to be smarter and only do full on attacks at the right moments until we build a team capable of living up to Warburton's ideas. I'd also drop the 433 as we are too open in midfield and lack the bodies to shut down the spaces quick enough when we lose possession. But the scum were always going to come out and spend some of that cash they've been hoarding so it was always going to be tough to land 55. But it's too early to write off this season let alone next. We have a big task ahead of us no doubt but starting the managerial merry go round would leave us in limbo for a long time. Without lots of cash their is no easy fix. I was raging last Saturday so I understand the backlash tonight but it made me realise that it's a really tough task we have ahead of us. Let's see how we get on when the whole squad is fit and we have a new centre half. If it still doesn't  start to click again and the manager won't change our shape to cover our limitations then fair enough he'll deserve to be criticised for being too idealistic. But last season was great after all the shit we've witnessed so I think the manager deserves a bit of time before we start writing him off as some sort of flop. But he'll need time and money to close the gap unless things just go great for us this season.

1 minute ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

He still got us to final yeah we might of not of won it but was still our first Scottish cup final in 7 years at least we were at the final and also he knocked the tims out of the cup so we did well in Scottish Cup . It just the final that was the disgrace.

Yes - the semi was great, we went toe to toe with them & they couldn't find a way past us.

If I appear over critical, it's as much because we'd done all the hard work, then failed to get over the  line.

Bit of 'Euro cash' would have come in useful, too. But look at the likes of West Ham - getting into the group stages isn't easy.

Although I'm bloody certain we could have done better than Hivs....

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yes - the semi was great, we went toe to toe with them & they couldn't find a way past us.

If I appear over critical, it's as much because we'd done all the hard work, then failed to get over the  line.

Bit of 'Euro cash' would have come in useful, too. But look at the likes of West Ham - getting into the group stages isn't easy.

Although I'm bloody certain we could have done better than Hivs....

Yeah would done better than Hibs for sure think he get us in europe next season though . He just needs change few things to do that.

5 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah I realise that but think people are jumping the gun massively here only a few games into the season with the likes of Crooks and Windass to come back. But I think the state of Delia has got too many of our hopes up that we would just swagger back into action straight away. Warburtons a good manager and it would kill me to give up the chance of seeing progressive football by going for some typical manager. I like the way we often play but do think we need to be smarter and only do full on attacks at the right moments until we build a team capable of living up to Warburton's ideas. I'd also drop the 433 as we are too open in midfield and lack the bodies to shut down the spaces quick enough when we lose possession. But the scum were always going to come out and spend some of that cash they've been hoarding so it was always going to be tough to land 55. But it's too early to write off this season let alone next. We have a big task ahead of us no doubt but starting the managerial merry go round would leave us in limbo for a long time. Without lots of cash their is no easy fix. I was raging last Saturday so I understand the backlash tonight but it made me realise that it's a really tough task we have ahead of us. Let's see how we get on when the whole squad is fit and we have a new centre half. If it still doesn't  start to click again and the manager won't change our shape to cover our limitations then fair enough he'll deserve to be criticised for being too idealistic. But last season was great after all the shit we've witnessed so I think the manager deserves a bit of time before we start writing him off as some sort of flop. But he'll need time and money to close the gap unless things just go great for us this season.

Completely agree that an early managerial change could do more harm than good, but there has got to be an adjustment in expectation, both from that side & on ours, about what we're up against.

And if this season demonstrates that we're closing the gap on them and we're in with a shout of stopping 10 in a row, then I, for one, won't be complaining. (as long as we make the step up next year!)

I know we're settling in, at the moment, but we've had s dream start in terms of our first few games & haven't made as much of them as the talent in our squad might suggest.

A good result next time out will settle a few jitters.

46 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

People that are saying Warburton should be sacked are disgrace if was not for Warburton we would not be in SPFL and he also got in Scottish Cup final so he done brillant job with us so far .Problem is at the moment we need change way we play because everyone knows how we play and also we need Waghorn Windass and Holt all match fit we need them back a.s.a.p . Also Dave King said he only after European Quilfication this season and then next Season go for title . I think we still got good chance being in Europe next season .Also I think we should start O halloran and drop Miller .To people that shouting for Warburton to go who you suggesting we get to replace him ? Because I doubt we can get anyone better than him .

Spot on (tu)

Some of the best football I've seen in years with a team worth buttons. I loved last season and won't be forgetting how quickly he dragged us up to a good standard. The win against the filth was just beautiful after all we'd suffered. The guy has it and deserves some slack until he's had time and cash to spend. I get raging as well when we hit a bad patch but we need to be realistic about what we've been through and where we are coming from.

But I'll still be hoping for 55 this year until it's impossible. As a wise man once said

"keep believing" :beer1:

Too many changes to the first team is gonna cost us.

To get fluidity you need consistency, we are trying to blend the wrong types at the moment, but I'm sure the gaffer will see sense soon enough.

Look how bad the Wallace mckay partnership is this season so far, it's been pure pish. Last season it was a thing of beauty, that's just a wee example in my eyes were we have lost our way and it takes time to build relationships back up with so many new bodies.

7 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Spot on (tu)

Some of the best football I've seen in years with a team worth buttons. I loved last season and won't be forgetting how quickly he dragged us up to a good standard. The win against the filth was just beautiful after all we'd suffered. The guy has it and deserves some slack until he's had time and cash to spend. I get raging as well when we hit a bad patch but we need to be realistic about what we've been through and where we are coming from.

But I'll still be hoping for 55 this year until it's impossible. As a wise man once said

"keep believing" :beer1:

Now, you've touched on another nerve here.

How much has MW actually been given to spend, and how does that budget fit in with who he'd really like to bring in?

He's not said much, but I sincerely hope that he hasn't been hung out to dry by the board, in respect of what transfer funds have been made available to him.

2 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Too many changes to the first team is gonna cost us.

To get fluidity you need consistency, we are trying to blend the wrong types at the moment, but I'm sure the gaffer will see sense soon enough.

Look how bad the Wallace mckay partnership is this season so far, it's been pure pish. Last season it was a thing of beauty, that's just a wee example in my eyes were we have lost our way and it takes time to build relationships back up with so many new bodies.

Personally, I thought it was going really well last year, then it began to decline after we brought in the loan guys late in the summer window, and got worse after the Xmas window.

We have a bigger squad than ever, now!

Just now, HG5 said:

Personally, I thought it was going really well last year, then it began to decline after we brought in the loan guys late in the summer window, and got worse after the Xmas window.

We have a bigger squad than ever, now!

exactly!

what happened to the lean mean squad philosophy?

Now we are carrying to much timber like the bad old days.

It seems their is a lot of uncertainty in the ranks and the sooner this transfer window closes the better for the squad.

Oh dearie me! I read a few walloper posts and that was disheartening. 

I, like most supporters, love the guy. I love the way he handles himself as a Rangers manager and puts the media down at his pressers (which isn't hard to be honest) but I really can't get my head around this 60 minute substitution. Why? Surely the point of a sub is to determine whether it will benefit the team at a particular time and to do so every game, is to make subs just for the hell of it. You play crap...subs at 60 mins. The team is playing brilliantly, as good as it has in weeks...subs at 60 mins. I really don't get this. it makes no sense to me, although i do like a sub coming on with enough time to change a game.

As for my general thoughts, MW and his team have been nothing short of brilliant in what they do and in the funds they have used to do so. MW, SDW and Frankie boy have impressed, so more has to be asked of the actual players. 

1 minute ago, Boaby Bear said:

exactly!

It seems their is a lot of uncertainty in the ranks and the sooner this transfer window closes the better for the squad.

But we all wanted cover in every position as well?

Lean mean squad with cover in every possible position. 

11 + 11 = 22

This thread is getting fucking ridiculous!

5 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

exactly!

Given the way players are dropping, a biggish squad looks like a good thing!

Brings it's own problems, in that you've got to make the right selection for the day!

May be interesting for the squad dynamic, given where they've all come from!

Wow. Short memories. This isn't a one year plan or a two year plan. It's going to take time and a lot of fans seem to have got carried away by us looking like Barca last season pumping no-hopers. 

Delighted Warburton has come in and he's taking us in the right direction. 

Yes, our defence is pretty ropey and they seem to have made a mistake in not sorting that out earlier in the window but it's not pitch-fork time quite yet. 

54 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Completely agree that an early managerial change could do more harm than good, but there has got to be an adjustment in expectation, both from that side & on ours, about what we're up against.

And if this season demonstrates that we're closing the gap on them and we're in with a shout of stopping 10 in a row, then I, for one, won't be complaining. (as long as we make the step up next year!)

I know we're settling in, at the moment, but we've had s dream start in terms of our first few games & haven't made as much of them as the talent in our squad might suggest.

A good result next time out will settle a few jitters.

We said that last week.

Thus far it hasn't and if we can't beat a ten man killie, I don't know where we go with that. They also have far more cash than us.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Given the way players are dropping, a biggish squad looks like a good thing!

Brings it's own problems, in that you've got to make the right selection for the day!

May be interesting for the squad dynamic, given where they've all come from!

That only becomes a problem if you only play one way, which everyone thinks we do, but we've changed from last year and it's not good enough?

Plan A last year, was an attacking wide game, with full backs bombing forward, scoring and creating goals. They were criticised for not defending. This season they have been defending and are getting pelted for not bombing forward!

This "plan A" statement has come back to bite MW in the arse.

It does actually change on the pitch when our manager says so. People are too blind to see it, and just jump on media hype.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

We saod that last week.

Thus far it hasn't and if we can't beat a ten man killie, I don't know where we go with that. They also have far more cash than us.

It's s worrying prospect.

All we can hope for is progress.

I appreciate that will mean something different to every supporter.

Although I think the manager is at fault with regards his team selection and tactics I honestly believe there is something not right behind the scenes?

I've been noticing a change in MW in recent interviews and can't help thinking there is unrest off the pitch either with the Management or the players?

Im wondering has the dynamic changed in the dressing room and is there a bit of disharmony in there given that a lot of new faces have arrived in a short period of time?

In retrospect even Danny Wilsons Interview felt strange last week. I know we can get too paranoid about things sometimes but too many players are under performing right now and something is not right.

2 minutes ago, Keeps01 said:

That only becomes a problem if you only play one way, which everyone thinks we do, but we've changed from last year and it's not good enough?

Plan A last year, was an attacking wide game, with full backs bombing forward, scoring and creating goals. They were criticised for not defending. This season they have been defending and are getting pelted for not bombing forward!

This "plan A" statement has come back to bite MW in the arse.

It does actually change on the pitch when our manager says so. People are too blind to see it, and just jump on media hype.

I'm 58 and pre-date media hype by decades!

If things are changing on the pitch when our manager says so, he should be saying some different things or at different times!

We were found out in the Championship (late on mind).  We have been absolute shite since March or so.  The scum victory glossed over the cracks.  MW -- great man -- one dimensional it seems.  Wee Baz?  Muscled off the ball tonight -- as in every other match. We are too predictable... never thought I'd say that about this MW side.. but we are.

We are struggling. Honeymoon is definitely over.

Our Manager has shown his naivety and has made a huge coaching error.

His solution to our frail defence was to bring in supposed defensive midfielders in order to offer more protection. Similtaneously he appears to have also reduced the licence for our wing backs to get forward. 

He has now chose to play at least 2 so called defensive midfielders in the side.

The result is our defence is still as bad as ever but our passing fluency, high tempo and attacking threat has been severely diminished.

The obvious priority and most logical solution which we all knew months ago was to truly strengthen the central defence with quality and pace. Now we have a poor defence, an imbalanced midfield and reduced attacking threat? Really disappointed with MW on this and hope to fuck he addresses these things from here on.

24 minutes ago, 7troop said:

Although I think the manager is at fault with regards his team selection and tactics I honestly believe there is something not right behind the scenes?

I've been noticing a change in MW in recent interviews and can't help thinking there is unrest off the pitch either with the Management or the players?

Im wondering has the dynamic changed in the dressing room and is there a bit of disharmony in there given that a lot of new faces have arrived in a short period of time?

In retrospect even Danny Wilsons Interview felt strange last week. I know we can get too paranoid about things sometimes but too many players are under performing right now and something is not right.

Another one......

manager at fault

not right behind the scenes 

change in MW

unrest off the pitch

disharmony 

felt strange

something is not right.

Oh, I love seeing all the "buzz words" in one post.