Management

black75

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Are you? Some of our fans are so spoiled.

I'm as annoyed as everyone else but if any of our other managers had done what MW did last season, they'd absolutely be allowed more than four league games. Even if we'd lost one of them, which we haven't. 

Have you been watching us this season mate we've been shite and the managers stubbornness is the main reason for it imo. We can't carry on like this in a season full of expectation however I don't blame it all on warburton the Board should take some of the blame too imo.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year because we had such a small squad the team just about picked itself but now we have added numbers(maybe not a lot more quality) and he now finds himself with decisions to make on his best 11.

So he needs to decide on the 11 he thinks can best suit his style and win games or ultimately face the consequences. 

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

The management team has to go now, too many failures in dealing with the problems of last season, namely the defence and also a puff powder attack, playing two DM and losing out a AM, can't get the balls into the strikers and also strikers everywhere bar where they should be, welcome to the footballing world as Warburton sees it and it will see him off sooner than later.

All this pish of about trusting warbs, the mans been found out and the big fanny beside him.

I have raised concerns about Warburton for a while now, but this is way OTT. I agree with your criticism of the tactics but the management team deserve more time

2 important things .If we could /can win the league ,All this panicking is just silly .It's just way to early with stuff like it's over 

We definitely have very good players but for me ,it's now MW's style of playing that's stifling them .

We all accept he was great for us and there is no doubt he is a good Manager of players .

However it's his way or the highway by the looks of it .Absolutely no variation to the way we play .

It's very much a step up from Ally but does mean we have to stay still and like or lump it 

I wouldn't say the football we watch is dross but we clearly have many soft centres and MW clearly has blind spots to so many things 

I'm guessing after this length of time he isn't about to change his football pylosophy .

The question is .Can we afford to accept ,they this is going to be what it's like all season 

It just won't be good enough .

Adaptability is a word  

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Have you been watching us this season mate we've been shite and the managers stubbornness is the main reason for it imo. We can't carry on like this in a season full of expectation however I don't blame it all on warburton the Board should take some of the blame too imo.

I didn't say we could carry on like it but Jesus mate, there's 34 games to go. 

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I'm as annoyed as everyone else but if any of our other managers had done what MW did last season, they'd absolutely be allowed more than four league games. Even if we'd lost one of them, which we haven't. 

Haven't kicked a ball from last years semi, not good enough and look to be going backwards. 

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The managers comment about Bartons substitution was absolutely incredible.

McCoistesque..

Warburton's biggest mistake so far,if he says he can't trust him against fuc*ING Killie then how will he cope with girodome ? Halliday was horrendous. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, the goal machine said:

I didn't say we could carry on like it but Jesus mate, there's 34 games to go. 

I am not judging this on the 4 games this season. I am taking the last 10 games of last season against lesser opposition into account also.

14 minutes ago, black75 said:

When does patience start to run out, the failure to address the defence at this stage is laughable. Pass pass pass then go back, midfield too lightweight and no pace. This squad won't be top 6 never mind challenging for titles or cups. 

The patience shouldn't run out 4 games into the season. It's clear that MW is attempting to bring in central defenders in order to address the defensive frailties. The midfield aren't performing as they should but give them a chance to sort things out.

As frustrating as things are at this moment, turning against the players or management helps no one. 

18 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Anyone else would have been gone by now. I am losing faith quickly in Warburton. We are too one dimensional. We cannot allow where we have been to change the way we judge our managers and board.

Really????  Last season he's the best thing since sliced bread, now four  games into the season he's shite!! People on here need to get a fkn grip!

Just now, black75 said:

Haven't kicked a ball from last years semi, not good enough and look to be going backwards. 

I didn't say it was good enough but I'm just tired of folk complaining as if we've lost our opening four games. We've definitely been shite so far but it's too early to be making any long-term judgements.

8 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

It's been far more than four games watching the same problems with no solution in sight. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, RossRFC1 said:

The fact you lot are suggesting he should be sacked this early in the season is laughable and you all know nothing about football.

Go fuck yourself mate. imo

The Support in general understandably is looking for 55 this season.   MW knows this.  DW will know this better than many of the management / coaching staff.  King knows this and the Board knows this.   Players like Miller and Wallace know it too.

But if King has agreed with MW that not winning 55 this season is ok and that all he has to do is ride out the pressure and somehow still deliver a shot a European football (and maybe a domestic Cup to soften the blow) then what we see is a squad in the making but with limited ambition for this season.  With time being taken for MW and the team to get the temperature of playing in the top flight and the real push is next season when King might feel he can spend some money or raise some via investment methods.   Is that it?  Is that the unstated plan they are working to?  Just ride out the mounting tension and pressure from the Support and it'll be all right at the end of the season if we win a European slot?   If that is the underlying thinking then it is (imo) very far from the traditional expectation at Rangers.  

Walter - and even (dare I say it) Ally - both referred to the need to be competitive quickly when we returned to the top flight.  I always took that to mean assembling a side capable of winning 55 at first ask or if not to have shown to the Support that they busted a proverbial gut in trying to do so.   But this current management / tactical approach and performance of the squad leads me to conclude at present that no such gut is being busted for the Support.  No, its looking more and more like a 'project' with a longer timescale attached to it with an unstated message from King to MW to just ride out the pressure storm that will brew if results do not deliver sustained winning streaks.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

The patience shouldn't run out 4 games into the season. It's clear that MW is attempting to bring in central defenders in order to address the defensive frailties. The midfield aren't performing as they should but give them a chance to sort things out.

As frustrating as things are at this moment, turning against the players or management helps no one. 

Defence should have sorted in the last window, to be four games in too a new season and still have those imposters at the back is a joke. 

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He was asked why Barton got subbed.

He said our fans started getting noisy(singing)  so because he was on a yellow best take him off..

Ach, we're not going to start this stuff again are we? He didn't speak as cleanly as he has before, but he basically said it was because he was on a yellow and it was precautionary, which is one of the few correct decisions he made today.

Tends to happen that when things go wrong every single word is analysed to the nth degree where they aren't when things are better.