Stop Blaming the Defence

gsa

It's becoming embarrassing listening to everyone jump on the blame the defence bandwagon. 

We look shaky at times and very obviously need to improve but the team as a whole is falling short. Lack of movement, too much emphasis on Tavernier's crossing, ball not being recycled quickly enough. 

Fans should actually watch the games rather than just acquiece to the narrative "the defence is shit". Barton is playing true to form; a bang average nobody. Rossiter is tenacious but basic. Halliday works hard but lacks real quality. McKay and Holt are extremely clever players but need some power alongside them. 

Given the fact our defence are left so exposed I actually think they do well at times to limit opposing teams to 1 goal per game. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? You're having a laugh mate. EVERY time the opposition (and we're supposedly playing the weaker ones at the moment) get anywhere near our defence we look amateurish and that's being kind.

I'm not one of the guys who moan and groan on a regular basis, I always support my team and staff. Now, you simply cannot support that defence. It's a fecking joke and even at this stage (unless a miracle signing appears) WE HAVE GOT ABSOLUTELY NO FECKING CHANCE OF WINNING THIS LEAGUE. When did we last play a good game? When were we last good to watch?

Defence is shite but for me the midfield and front line are the reason why we aren't winning the games. Tempo is awful, we aren't pressing and unlike last season we had passing triangles that created the space. Players are being left on their own Tav on the right had 3 killie players around him at once and no one in sight to offer support.

I think the attitude of the players fucking stinks and the only way to,address that is to drop them and play people that actually give 100% every week.

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's becoming embarrassing listening to everyone jump on the blame the defence bandwagon. 

We look shaky at times and very obviously need to improve but the team as a whole is falling short. Lack of movement, too much emphasis on Tavernier's crossing, ball not being recycled quickly enough. 

Fans should actually watch the games rather than just acquiece to the narrative "the defence is shit". Barton is playing true to form; a bang average nobody. Rossiter is tenacious but basic. Halliday works hard but lacks real quality. McKay and Holt are extremely clever players but need some power alongside them. 

Given the fact our defence are left so exposed I actually think they do well at times to limit opposing teams to 1 goal per game. 

The fact that MW starts with both Rossiter and Barton leads me to believe he would think your post is shite too. He's already gimped the attacking part of our game to help out the clown fiesta at the back. Seriously if Boyd truffle shuffling through on goal is badly exposed then we are in real trouble come the girodome.

Right now we are lacking in EVERY department.

We are starting games too slowly, our passing is pedestrian and decision making poor.

Up top we are not creating enough and when good balls are put in (Tavs crosses) there has been no one on the end of them.

I said to my dad at the Mwell game we can't keep having sides take the lead, that will cost us more points than we gain.

Im normally fairly positive with Rangers but tonight there isn't a great deal to take from that match. At best I'd say at least Tav is back on FK duty and we have Windass and Holt to come back....that's about it.