Stop Blaming the Defence

gsa

Just now, The Godfather said:

Kiernan fucked it too, the both of them looked like tits

If it were up to me neither would be allowed to wear our shirt again

Kiernan was closing down the ball, it was hills man and he has to follow him...it wasnt as if there was anyone on his side and wanted to pass him on to Kiernan...Kiernan seems to be the scapegoat on here for everything but IMO he is our best centre half

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's becoming embarrassing listening to everyone jump on the blame the defence bandwagon. 

We look shaky at times and very obviously need to improve but the team as a whole is falling short. Lack of movement, too much emphasis on Tavernier's crossing, ball not being recycled quickly enough. 

Fans should actually watch the games rather than just acquiece to the narrative "the defence is shit". Barton is playing true to form; a bang average nobody. Rossiter is tenacious but basic. Halliday works hard but lacks real quality. McKay and Holt are extremely clever players but need some power alongside them. 

Given the fact our defence are left so exposed I actually think they do well at times to limit opposing teams to 1 goal per game. 

'Stop blaming the defence'. Well who else do we blame? The strikers.

1 minute ago, jdonald755 said:

Kiernan was closing down the ball, it was hills man and he has to follow him...it wasnt as if there was anyone on his side and wanted to pass him on to Kiernan...Kiernan seems to be the scapegoat on here for everything but IMO he is our best centre half

He's fucking shite. 

He nearly cost us again when he tried to dribble the ball to the half way line and got caught.

The boys a complete Donkey. 

2 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Right now we are lacking in EVERY department.

We are starting games too slowly, our passing is pedestrian and decision making poor.

Up top we are not creating enough and when good balls are put in (Tavs crosses) there has been no one on the end of them.

I said to my dad at the Mwell game we can't keep having sides take the lead, that will cost us more points than we gain.

Im normally fairly positive with Rangers but tonight there isn't agre at deal to take from that match. At best I'd say at least Tav is back on FK duty and we have Windass and Holt to come back....that's about it.

(tu) If Tav could defend though.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

no it wasnt, hill tried to get across to boyd, boyd ran with kiernan and got in behind him, the pass to boyd was the only option for the killie boy and kiernan couldnt see it, by fuck a 90 year old in the pub with cataracts fucking seen that pass before kiernan did

Kiernan was shutting down the man with the ball...so he didn't see Boyd on his blind side...hill had to match Boyd's run...not kiernans fault

There player waltzed past Barton who run like he was stuck in treacle slide passed the ball outside of Kieran who was one paced (fucking slow not just slow) Hill tried to hold the line with Kieran and was never going to catch Boyd (I know that's one of the strangest things I have ever said) as he is slower than time itself. Can anyone see the common denominator in this - we are slower than Boyd so what chance do we have of keeping clean sheets against the better teams in the league when we play them. 

7 minutes ago, jdonald755 said:

Kiernan was shutting down the man with the ball...so he didn't see Boyd on his blind side...hill had to match Boyd's run...not kiernans fault

if kiernan was shutting down the boy with the ball then he's even fucking worse than i thought as the boy ran 25 yards and played a simple through ball, as it stands i still think boyd is his man, there is no blind side as a centre half playing against a fat kris boyd, kiernan must have seen him, he was caught ball watching imo

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He's fucking shite. 

He nearly cost us again when he tried to dribble the ball to the half way line and got caught.

The boys a complete Donkey. 

Football is all about opinions...I think miller for example has been total pish past few seasons albeit he's scored a few big goals...I think Kiernan is half decent ...a good centre half beside him I'm willing to bet he will be part of a solid defence 

Just now, jdonald755 said:

Football is all about opinions...I think miller for example has been total pish past few seasons albeit he's scored a few big goals...I think Kiernan is half decent ...a good centre half beside him I'm willing to bet he will be part of a solid defence 

Miller was one of our better players in the championship and arguably our best in the first division. He's not good enough for the top flight because of age and the need for clinical finishing more an ever.

Defence is woeful to be fair.Caught out far too easily.Agree it's more than them though.The whole team needs to take responsibility and step up to the plate.

We got all we deserved from Hamilton,lucky to hold on against Dundee,struggled against a very well organised Motherwell side and couldn't beat Kilmarnock even when they went down to 10 men.

For those who want to go down the early season,team need to blend together route Hamilton were badly under strength due to injuries and Kilmarnock virtually started from scratch with all their new signings.Plus these are the teams probably destined for the bottom half of the table.

Fact remains we are very very poor and pedestrian of late and haven't really been acceptable since the cup semi final last season.

If MW still has the sign on the dressing room saying "send them home happy" then it seems no one is reading it anymore as I haven't left happy in a long time.Relieved to get a result yes but certainly nowhere near happy with the performances on show.

I'm sorry but there's no case for that this evening. 

The amount of times they let the ball bounce in the air instead of attacking it was incredible. There was a period around the 20 minute mark that there were two or three occurances of that happening. Just not doing the basics right. 

Plus letting Boyd outpace you. :anguish:

Not sure what the rather bizarre tactic of defending a set play with all the players in a straight line across the box was all about?

I can't ever recall seeing that in any other game I've witnessed.

I think all we do in training is practice how to pass the ball wide, then back to the middle and repeat.

Just now, Smile said:

The defence was lucky they were up against a finished Boyd or he would have scored a hattrick at least. Amateur hour tonight from the management.

Boyd in his first spell with us would've fucking molested our defence tonight. Miller and Boyd in their prime would've combined for 7.

Would've been easier to blame the defence i guess if Wilson the scapegoat had played.

He's hardly the best defender but Kiernan is a fucking bombscare and Hill is clearly not the answer.

Defence should have been priority to be fixed but still it isn't.

At some point a team is going to have a field day up against it.

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

Boyd in his first spell with us would've fucking molested our defence tonight. Miller and Boyd in their prime would've combined for 7.

Easily we are there for the taking but it's okay we have bought a shit load of unfit midfielders.

The goal we lost was like so many we lost in the last 5 or 6 games last season; Tav upfield Kiernan day dreaming or indecisive unable to react, no midfielder covering for our missing full back,our other full back too far away to provide cover in the centre and the less said about Hill the better.