Joey Barton

Sorry to all the folk that love him winding up the Tarriers but he ruins our style of play.

He either slowed the play to a crawl or tried a stupid long ball over the top. It just isn't good enough.

I would not play him in 2 weeks time.

Discuss.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Sorry to all the folk that love him winding up the Tarriers but he ruins our style of play.

He either slowed the play to a crawl or tried a stupid long ball over the top. It just isn't good enough.

I would not play him in 2 weeks time.

Discuss.

I would play him.

Javelin.

Can't play him and Rossiter. 2 guys doing the job of one. We lose an attacking player for it.

With Miller playing that's the 2nd attacking player lost. 

Tav blows hot and cold, did ok tonight, Wallace has been rank so far. More attacking options gone.

Mckay has no confidence. Playing pish.

We are dross attacking due to the above. 

Discuss

Just now, BloodRunsBlue said:

Joey will be just the type of player we need for that game in my opinion.

We have plenty creative players to make the chances.

Agree we have the creative players but the Gaffer continues to play a defensive player in a position where we need a Kranjcar or Forrester.

Hopefully when Holt and Windass are back this all changes.

3 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

Great player but it is up to him to fit into the team. We shouldn't have a team built round any player regardless of their pedigree. Our problem tonight was our build up play was far too slow... To easy to defend against! 

But thats exactly what we have done , changed our whole style and pace to suit his game.

Barton's a good player he's just not as effective in that CAM position.  The manager needs to be brave and choose Barton OR Rossiter for CDM and stop playing both.  We need two solid attacking options in those CAM positions.  Forrister is doing brilliantly, Kranjcar has his moments, we need Windass or Holt fit and pushing for places.

He's high profile so is going to get stick no matter what he does. If you bring someone to the club like him, having been a standout in the team that won the Championship last year and was in the league team of the year, you play him where he plays. He's been moved about from position to position in the middle since he joined. if he's not playing well, you play Rossiter in that same position.  2 doesn't go in to 1. 

We were crying out for someone who could play a proper CDM position, it's a dirty role that should do the dirty work for the flair players. Our problem is we've lost any flair we had and that's not Barton's fault. 

I think he'll be a scapegoat for certain people, he's not been as bad as what people have made out. I still don't think we have seen anywhere near his best either. He played some brilliant balls tonight, the Wallace one in particular earlier on in the game and Wallace stumbled over his own feet.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can't play him and Rossiter. 2 guys doing the job of one. We lose an attacking player for it.

With Miller playing that's the 2nd attacking player lost. 

Tav blows hot and cold, did ok tonight, Wallace has been rank so far. More attacking options gone.

Mckay has no confidence. Playing pish.

We are dross attacking due to the above. 

Discuss

That's about all that needs saying bud :disappointment:

Needs to just sit and he can't play if Rossiter is playing. With Holt ahead of him I can see it being more successful.

He needs to stop tweeting pish and start delivering though, otherwise he will be a laughing stock in the Glasgow goldfish bowl. Bigger characters than Joey have crumbled here

He's pish. In his defence though he certainly doesn't go hiding, constantly gets stuck in and is always available whereas Rossiter went missing completely. They can't play together, it's as simple as that. My biggest problem about tonight is bringing someone on to play in his position when we were a man up and chasing a goal, especially when that someone is Andy fucking Halliday. 

I think he is class but playing in the wrong formation. As plenty have said and I have said on other threads, him and Rossiter should not be playing in the same side. Barton is also playing the long ball too much. I'm not condemning mixing up the play a little - indeed we need to play a long ball now and again. But he does tend to hoof it too often and isn't exactly always accurate when doing so. In terms of tracking back and playing his defensive midfield position I think he's been excellent and am surprised he's being singled out so much. I guess that goes with being our most high profile signing for years. I think he'll be crucial for us this season but it's up to the management to sort out the formation and tactics generally to get the best out of Barton and all our players. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

He's pish. In his defence though he certainly doesn't go hiding, constantly gets stuck in and is always available whereas Rossiter went missing completely. They can't play together, it's as simple as that. My biggest problem about tonight is bringing someone on to play in his position when we were a man up and chasing a goal, especially when that someone is Andy fucking Halliday. 

Even worse when MOH a lightning fast forward player was on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's not a no.8 but we keep playing him there for some reason.

MW is feart to drop him. He'll be on good wages and expected to earn it on the Pitch. Rossiter has shown good so far and deserved his place. Joey said clearly that he sees himself as a destroyer more than a creator. It serves no one for JB to feature in an advanced role. Hard decisions need to be made.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, StornowayBlue said:

MW is feart to drop him. He'll be on good wages and expected to earn it on the Pitch. Rossiter has shown good so far and deserved his place. Joey said clearly that he sees himself as a destroyer more than a creator. It serves no one for JB to feature in an advanced role. Hard decisions need to be made.

I agree, I would like to see what would happen if it was Rossiter played in the creator role but I doubt we'll see that tbh.

6 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Very disappointed in Rossiter tonight as he seemed to let the game pass him by. Only one CM can play and it'll definitely be Barton who at 34 is too old to get from box to box even though I think he's done OK so far.

Was 35 minutes in when I said to the lad: 'Oh, and Rossiter's out from last week's line up.'

'No he's not!' was the reply....

Rossiter's young - I can let him off with a 'quiet' game more than most.