Joey Barton

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I agree, I would like to see what would happen if it was Rossiter played in the creator role but I doubt we'll see that tbh.

He's got a better engine for a more advanced role but then we may lose more creativity. We only need one CDM playing against Killie surely. Barton doesn't turn into a shite player overnight. We have to play him in his strongest position.

Best player on the park against Hamilton on the opening day but even then he was the best of a bad bunch.

It's make or break for him against the tarriers IMO because he's talked himself up that much with his comments about Brown etc that if he doesn't perform on the day he's going to make himself, and us, look very stupid.

Very underwhelmed by him so far.

11 minutes ago, StornowayBlue said:

MW is feart to drop him. He'll be on good wages and expected to earn it on the Pitch. Rossiter has shown good so far and deserved his place. Joey said clearly that he sees himself as a destroyer more than a creator. It serves no one for JB to feature in an advanced role. Hard decisions need to be made.

I agree with this, 

21 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can't play him and Rossiter. 2 guys doing the job of one. We lose an attacking player for it.

With Miller playing that's the 2nd attacking player lost. 

Tav blows hot and cold, did ok tonight, Wallace has been rank so far. More attacking options gone.

Mckay has no confidence. Playing pish.

We are dross attacking due to the above. 

Discuss

My thoughts exactly 

discuss 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, StornowayBlue said:

He's got a better engine for a more advanced role but then we may lose more creativity. We only need one CDM playing against Killie surely. Barton doesn't turn into a shite player overnight. We have to play him in his strongest position.

I don't think we would lose creativity tbh he is a very creative player and could defo play as a Box to Box type alongside a windass or Forrester type of midfielder.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I don't think we would lose creativity tbh he is a very creative player and could defo play as a Box to Box type alongside a windass or Forrester type of midfielder.

We're spoilt in the middle of the park for talent and MW admits he hasn't found the right combinations yet. Holt, Windass, Crooks all to come in.

9 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Never want to slate a player but he's been all talk so far.

Other than the thing about the Lego eater, Barton hasn't said anything football related to merit the 'He should do the talking on the pitch' nonsense. I get people expect big things from him since he was one of the best players in the championship, but he needs our players to play a part too.

36 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

Joey will be just the type of player we need for that game in my opinion.

We have plenty creative players to make the chances.

Yeah,  we really forced the killie keeper to make tuns of saves.......

25 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Agree we have the creative players but the Gaffer continues to play a defensive player in a position where we need a Kranjcar or Forrester.

Hopefully when Holt and Windass are back this all changes.

True, but we will need at least one rock  solid Defensive Mid who will shy out of nothing. Ian Ferguson, Bomber, Kevin Thomson type, and i can see Broony hiding for 90 minutes.

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, StornowayBlue said:

We're spoilt in the middle of the park for talent and MW admits he hasn't found the right combinations yet. Holt, Windass, Crooks all to come in.

Holt and Windass being added to this team could change it completely tbh, we all saw how much we struggled without someone with that type of energy last season.

Joey Barton is pish folks. The penny will probably drop for most about March time when he has done fuck all apart from slow down our team, he has made a name for himself by being a mouthpiece and a dirty player, let's be honest here folks. He thought it would be a cakewalk up here and he has been found out already without any real opposition. 

Waste of a wage, I would drop him and play rossiter as the holding mid role. 

He is pish man, sooner MW realises that the better 

42 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Even worse when MOH a lightning fast forward player was on the bench. 

Said to my brother at the game, the minute they went down to 10 men MOH should of been on, his pace should of been the difference with the game stretched.....Barton for halliday was baffling.

14 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

I think once it clicks we will be laughing! Got to give them time still got windass holt and crooks and waggy to come back in! I think Wallace and McKay need to be dropped for a week or 2 

Trouble is even if we do we could be 7 points adrift