Reaction From the manager

KingKirk

1 hour ago, thehost said:

chucking in the towel is ignoring our failings and carrying on as if everything is great

we are a shambles, we need money spent on a quality centre half not a free signing

we need a manager to take the idea that finishing second is not acceptable

we need a board to accept that finishing second is not acceptable

supporters like you, over the years, would have given us partick thistle songs, partick thistle politics and partick thistle success

And fans like you would have 'white flag' as your banner and 'no loyalty' as your motto. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Wow.. Knives are out with you fickle bunch eh?  2 draws which I know we should do better and your predicting when the guys going to be sacked!! You couldn't make it up you really couldn't.

every season a team has a lull in performance and you guys really need to learn to deal with that. The international break has come at the right time for us and I trust the manager to get to the bottom of these below par performances. Lee Wallace for me is a shadow of last year,McKay as much as he's not shown will suffer from this unless moved upfront. I don't think we'll see Rossiter and Barton in the same starting 11 all season.

those banging on about o halloran- he has shown very little appetite since Jan. He had the argument of missing cup games etc but when he starts he's pish and when he comes on he's not aggressive enough to get the ball and drive at players like tavernier does.

his signing was a mistake.

kranjcar will be dominant in a 4 man midfield but I don't think 4-4-2 is the right way to play unless we play counter attacking long ball football which it looks like some of you want to revert to.  I know smith played that way and results wise it worked but fuck me we played shite stuff.  If we learn one thing from the upcoming Celtic game it will be the teams character and determination to get a positive result when your own fans are writing you off after 4 games

You joking? A lull? It's the first 4 fucking games of the season, I'd understand a bit more if we had played 7 games in 3 weeks but the first 4 against bottom 6 opposition when the tims come out with maximum points whilst playing hearts aberdeen and st johnstone.

Golden boy Mckay shouldve been dropped for MOH who has looked good anytime hes been on the fucking pitch.

They've wrote themselves off, their a fucking shadow of the team last season. 

The only bit I agree with is talking in sacking terms about MW. I do believe in the manager and probably one of the biggest optimists on here but even I can see it. 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

It's really not been that quick at all. Very few people have questioned MW. He seems to have been given almost a free ride since the OF. The magic hat stuff hasn't slowed down and the vast majority have treated him like the messiah. 

But the truth is MW has been bang average since the turn of the year. The support has not turned yet but make no mistake if there is no improvement then we will. And frankly we have been going backwards rather than improving. 

I admire your consistency though BP9. 

What happened to patience, time to build - my goodness the wolves were out when we had no 'philosophy' - we were told we need to think long term, work

within our means, build for the future - the reality is we have no patience for that - loads of calls for spending huge sums, buy our way better, we can't even support a decent manager through a wee difficult spell - where we remain unbeaten - sure it's not our best but even our great teams had bad spells. 

But reading some of the comments here we have no concept of patience - we only have patience if we are winning. A season is a long time! 

I can remember losing our first two games and going on to win the league, I can also remember losing our first two games then going to the san giro getting a draw and winning the league, but let's just chuck it hand in our season tickets after two wins and a draw despite going behind in three of our four games and not losing, absolutely no fighting spirit shown at all eh,  we've been poor but ffs a wee bit of calm and a reality check is needed 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What happened to patience, time to build - my goodness the wolves were out when we had no 'philosophy' - we were told we need to think long term, work

within our means, build for the future - the reality is we have no patience for that - loads of calls for spending huge sums, buy our way better, we can't even support a decent manager through a wee difficult spell - where we remain unbeaten - sure it's not our best but even our great teams had bad spells. 

But reading some of the comments here we have no concept of patience - we only have patience if we are winning. A season is a long time! 

Remember when you would say "only winning matters" to those who demanded "entertainment" and they would scowl at you and reply with "why can't we do both" etc?

Funny bunch.

We can see the gaffers stubborn streak and it's frustrating us. 

• We have changed play to suit a signature signing in Barton and Rossiter is the better option (he is missing/stifled when Barton is playing)
  • He should drop Wallace and play Hodson this would spark McKay back to life 
  • MOH should start ahead of Miller
  • Kranjcar should be doing double sessions to be fit enough to start
  • he should have spent his £1.5 on a CB/CH it feels like this is the last thing he wants to do. Scrambling around at the wire to get someone. 

We have a lot of new players Boss, but they weren't all on the park last night. The majority played last season. 

10 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Because anyone said if we saw a Rangers team playing 'pretty' football we'd have patience...

Did they say it was acceptable to drop points to the worst sides in the league before September? The football we have been playing since the season started has been awful compared to last season.

Away trawl through the boards for those quotes.

You and BP9 continue to bait other rangers fan all you like though, pair of weirdos

I think the clamour to bring in "experience" has backfired massively.at the start of last season we were closing down quickly ,playing the ball quickly and had continuous movement off the ball.we thought we required old heads to take the step up but the old heads that are in the team are not suited to a high tempo game.Hill,Barton,Krancjar Miller don't have the legs to play in our system IMO .

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Stop liking my post ya cunt, that's last week I agreed with something you posted and now you've agreed with me, that where it ends ya nationalist cunt ?

11 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Remember when you would say "only winning matters" to those who demanded "entertainment" and they would scowl at you and reply with "why can't we do both" etc?

Funny bunch.

Remember it well ( and thanks for noticing)  'we need a philosophy' winnings no good without that - we would be happy if we were playing better football !

Lol seems winning is all that matters - mind you I remember getting beat at ibrox 3-0 by scumdee and folk saying Walter was a shit manager - and that was after something like a 30 match unbeaten run! 

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Did they say it was acceptable to drop points to the worst sides in the league before September?

No, just plumbers and postman they banged on about mainly.

The football we have been playing since the season started has been awful compared to last season.

Right? And? We started off unbelievably at the start of the last year. Many would have said it was a miracle considering what we came from. Were we supposed to get better incrementally from that point? Does Pep's teams play brilliantly and win always? Mourinho's? Alex Ferguson's? 'Anyone' said we'd have patience if we saw a team playing good football. 14 months in, oh wow some getting cold feet after we stumble. No one could have predicted that. :rolleyes:

Away trawl through the boards for those quotes.

You and BP9 continue to bait other rangers fan all you like though, pair of weirdos

We have people on this forum saying we'll be lucky to get midtable this season after 4 games and you think BP9 and I are trolls? Get tae fuck and go play fantasy in the OT you wee sad act.

27 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You joking? A lull? It's the first 4 fucking games of the season, I'd understand a bit more if we had played 7 games in 3 weeks but the first 4 against bottom 6 opposition when the tims come out with maximum points whilst playing hearts aberdeen and st johnstone.

Golden boy Mckay shouldve been dropped for MOH who has looked good anytime hes been on the fucking pitch.

They've wrote themselves off, their a fucking shadow of the team last season. 

The only bit I agree with is talking in sacking terms about MW. I do believe in the manager and probably one of the biggest optimists on here but even I can see it. 

Exactly.. Teams can start slow you know and as for ohalloran- he will never make the cut at ibrox. Not doubting the guys ability but maybe he's better in a counter attacking side.

everyone slagging Miller because of his age aswell. It's a complete non starter. If anyone's needing dropped/rested its lee Wallace.   So much dillydallying on the ball lack of pace.  4 games in and the panic merchants are out. I can remember being at rugby park with Miller Boyd mendes Davis and we drew 0-0 and never had a clear cut chance.   You need to stop acting like wee bitches and accept there will be crap games in a 38 game season

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

No, just plumbers and postman they banged on about mainly.

Right? And? We started off unbelievably at the start of the last year. Many would have said it was a miracle considering what we came from. Were we supposed to get better incrementally from that point? Does Pep's teams play brilliantly and win always? Mourinho's? Alex Ferguson's? 'Anyone' said we'd have patience if we saw a team playing good football. 14 months in, oh wow some getting cold feet after we stumble. No one could have predicted that. :rolleyes:

We have people on this forum saying we'll be lucky to get midtable this season after 4 games and you think BP9 and I trolls? Get tae fuck and go play fantasy in the OT you wee sad act.

Do you honestly believe with the way we're playing that we're going to take any points at the likes of Tyncastle, pittodrie an am dreading the game against they bastards. We're fuckin awful mate. Far to predictable with no cutting edge. I genuinely fear for this season. Top 2. No fuckin chance!!!

Last season, iirc, we played four premier league teams - st Johnstone, Dundee, the mhanks and kilmarnock. We beat one of them in 90 mins. However, these were spread over some time when we were able to coast between them. This season we've them four weeks in a row and that's causing us problems. It'll probably take us another month or possibly two before we see a higher level of performance and more consistency in that level.

2 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Do you honestly believe with the way we're playing that we're going to take any points at the likes of Tyncastle, pittodrie an am dreading the game against they bastards. We're fuckin awful mate. Far to predictable with no cutting edge. I genuinely fear for this season. Top 2. No fuckin chance!!!

This forum wrote us off before the semi last year. That is merely the most recent, pertinent example. A consensus on here is worth fuck all.

Are we great? No. Are we good enough to win the SPFL Premiership? Fucking aye.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

This forum wrote us off before the semi last year. That is merely the most recent, pertinent example. A consensus on here is worth fuck all.

Are we great? No. Are we good enough to win the SPFL Premiership? Fucking aye.

Like yer confidence mate but ah canny see it. I'm a pessimistic bassa tho :D

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

When the main oppo has just been gifted 30 mil of a jump start, lining up against the best on the planet, slow isn't the word you're looking for. Money and quality are but two.

We can't financially compete with them. King is trying to gain champions league qualification on the cheap and let's face it we've used a sledge hammer to crack a nut for years.

we might not win the league but at least we've not spent out with the clubs means in doing so. Spending 4 million quid on players to win this shitty league is a sign of a terrible manager. I'm quite comfortable with warburtons approach to the job.  Well use this break wisely and 10 September you'll see a different team altogether

Just now, loyalfollower said:

We can't financially compete with them. King is trying to gain champions league qualification on the cheap and let's face it we've used a sledge hammer to crack a nut for years.

we might not win the league but at least we've not spent out with the clubs means in doing so. Spending 4 million quid on players to win this shitty league is a sign of a terrible manager. I'm quite comfortable with warburtons approach to the job.  Well use this break wisely and 10 September you'll see a different team altogether

the defence is fucking terrible mate, its not going to get any better. Boyd out paced our defence last night.  the taigs have a lot of pace in their side and will have a field day. it is what it is and its not good.